PDA

View Full Version : Are We Running Out Of Good Topics?

Dreamtiger42
06-13-2004, 10:13 PM
I know I'am, Im mean, there's some pretty good threads that keep going for weeks or months but some are pretty lame (not mentioning anyone).... is anyone else running out of good thread topics?

Laguna
06-13-2004, 10:29 PM
I know for a fact this forum will never really run out of steam. The last forum I belonged to shut down because of a lack of interest so I know when things look bad. You log on here and there are about 20 users active- at FFS (old forum) it was just the admin and a few mods (like myself). New posts were a rarity and when it happened it was usually spam. Personally I think EOFF is no where near the end of its life cycle.

Rye
06-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah. We get too many newbies everyday, for EoFF to be running out of steam anytime soon.

Psychotic
06-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Yes and no. There ya go, a stee-raight answer.

Peegee
06-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I still haven't figured out the schematics behind a good thread topic. Seeing as we have anti spam rules, it's not 'what instigates a high post count', because getting ppl to spam a thread != good thread. It's not something general, because I've tried that route.

I do have one last opinion, but I'll keep my mouth shut about that

Yamaneko
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Most threads have been done before. There are usually a few good topics each month.

Levian
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Some thread subjects here at eoff are just dead boring, while others are ok, or even mildly amusing. Some tend to be repetetive, while others are absurd and original. I guess I'll sum up by saying that we have a big mix of subjects here at eoff. Running out of good topics? Nah, not yet.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-13-2004, 10:58 PM
We've been out of topics for ages now.

m4tt
06-13-2004, 11:10 PM
We've been out of topics for ages now.

Totally.

bennator
06-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Since I've been here, the activity on EoFF could have been described by the function:
f(x) = sin(x)

Right now, we are somewhere between p and 2p. It will get better sometime soon.

Del Murder
06-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Maybe the rest of us have just been out of good replies!

Mikztsu
06-14-2004, 01:49 AM
I have an answer to everyone who needs new topics: send HOOTERS money so he can get drunk more often.

Lots of new topics.

Meow
06-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Hush child, it'll all be better in the morning. When i was young, i would have bad dreams about massive stark-white elephants too.

Awrini
06-14-2004, 03:16 AM
This place runs out of good topics just like I run out of good coffee.

Casey
06-14-2004, 04:10 AM
I know I'am, Im mean, there's some pretty good threads that keep going for weeks or months but some are pretty lame (not mentioning anyone).... is anyone else running out of good thread topics?

Yeah, like stuff is repeated every so few monthes. Its like playing the same video game that came out a few years ago, it just gets old after many times of play.

HOOTERS
06-14-2004, 05:52 AM
Like Mik said all you have to do is get drunk, pick a song and then make a topic out of every line of that song. Just don't pick something repetitive like Old Time Rock And Roll. Theres only so many topics you can come up with about rolling. Or rocks I suppose hey I never thought about that at the time but you generally never do when your drunk. :beer:

But if anyone asks I didn't tell you that. The mods don't like it when I bury all the 'legitimate' threads. :smash:

Rainecloud
06-14-2004, 07:37 AM
I miss the "Which Greek God/Goddess are you?" threads. They were great. :(

Seriously though, I don't think this forum is losing steam. It seems just as active as it's always been, and we have plenty of members here who intend to stick around. Sure, there aren't that many of us who were here a few years ago, but the population still seems quite strong. Many of EoFF's members have grown up and started more complicated lives with more demanding jobs, and that's why they don't have enough time to post here. More newbies do join, but not many of them stay (as is customary). Final Fantasy isn't as popular as it used to be (it peaked from 1997-2001, in my opinion), and therefore not as many people are joining. Yet, even after this decline, EoFF somehow manages to keep going at the same pace. We just need something interesting to keep us active (IE - Ciddies).

Summary: I think we've got a good few years of life in us yet. :)