PDA

View Full Version : Changing link size with HTML?

Ariel
06-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Would anyone here know if there's a way of changing the font size of an individual link, as part of its HTML tag? Like, say...

<--- a href="blah.html" font="size:8pt" --->

Google isn't being helpful, and my HTML is really, really rusty. I can't use CSS, and just changing the regular font tags outside the link isn't working, either. Could anyone help me out, please?

o_O
06-14-2004, 11:18 AM
The best way I can think of to do it is to use a font tag in addition to the anchor tag:
<<b></b>font face="Tahoma" size="8"><<b></b>a href="bla.htm">Hi there<<b></b>/a><<b></b>/font>

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though. :p

Why can't you use CSS?

EDIT: Whoops, I had <&lt;b>&lt;/b>font face="Tahoma" size="8"><&lt;b>&lt;/b>a href="bla.htm">Hi there&lt;/a>&lt;/font>
instead of <&lt;b>&lt;/b>font face="Tahoma" size="8"><&lt;b>&lt;/b>a href="bla.htm">Hi there&lt;&lt;b>&lt;/b>/a>&lt;&lt;b>&lt;/b>/font></pre>

I don't know why I didn't just use the <pre>&lt;pre></pre> tag. :p

EDIT 2: *Fixes edit* :p
On a side note I don't know why I didn't use &<b></b>lt; either.

Peegee
06-14-2004, 01:20 PM
<font face="Tahoma" size="8"><a href="bla.htm">Hi there</a></font>

you didn't close your tags. It works

<xmp>
<font face="Tahoma" size="8"><a href="bla.htm">Hi there</a></font>
</xmp>

Dr Unne
06-14-2004, 06:25 PM
The font tag is deprecated. You shouldn't use it. If by "can't use CSS" you mean that you don't know how to do it, then I'll show you. There isn't really any reason you can't use CSS, since all modern browsers that I know of support it fine. Using the font tag is considered outright wrong by people today. Unless this is a homework assignment or something and your teacher is demanding that you use no CSS, you should use CSS.

<a href="blah" style="font-size: 25px;">Blah</a>

<a href="blah" style="font-size: 25px;">Blah</a>

Baloki
06-14-2004, 06:30 PM
If you wanna change the type of font and colour as well :D

Also if you use pt instead of px you can then judge text sizes via using Word as it stands for point :D

<a href="blah" style="font-size: 25pt; font-face:Arial; color:red;">Blah</a>

<a href="blah" style="font-size: 72pt; font-face:Arial; color:red;">Blah</a>

Ariel
06-14-2004, 11:15 PM
It was for a signature. I didn't know that including that in the link's tag was part of using CSS. I always thought using CSS meant using stylesheets. *dies* Changing the font tag outside the link wasn't working, but thanks for the advice, anyways.

Those CSS tags are working. Thanks for the help! ^_^

Dr Unne
06-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Among other things, using external stylesheets and using inline style="" tags are both CSS.