PDA

View Full Version : Your first friend.

Agent Proto
06-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Ok, let's see how good some of our memories are.

It's been a long time since I first registered, and I can barely remember my first friend I made when I registered. But, first of all, I think that my first friend that I made off of Eyes on Final Fantasy, besides the few that I had before I knew about EoFF, was... I believe, Temple Knight. I believe he's posting as Blue nowadays, but I do believe he was the first friend I made out of EoFF. I usually talk to him on AIM and we chat about stuff, and about EoFF too. It was fun. On the way, I also made some new friends, but I believe that Blue was my first friend I made off EoFF. I was friends with Britt before EoFF, so he doesn't count.

Iceglow
06-14-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty certain on this that the first person I spoke to on EOFF properly and call call a friend of any sort was Rye back when she was RikkuYuna89 a good few years back I seem to remember. Other than that it has escaped me

Misfit
06-14-2004, 05:41 PM
My first ... friend from EoFF ... was Mikztsu then shortly after CloudDragon. I got two friends! :nibbles:

Raistlin
06-14-2004, 05:43 PM
I made my first friends at FFWA. I believe the first person I really started talking to regularly was Martin(now an admin) from the FF7 forum, back in October/November of '99. He encouraged me on my quest to beat Ruby Weapon without materia(something I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER TRY TO DO EVER AGAIN OMG).

Then, just a month or two after I registered at FFWA, Ciddy made The Highwind EzBoard, where I became friends with Sean and all the original mods(Jojo, BOU, Asorie, eric ramza, Dr Unne, Rydia, RSL, and numerous others who stopped posting shortly thereafter). The first person I really started talking to from among that bunch was Dr Unne, mostly about books and getting blocked by him when I started making fun of FF1. Good times.

I don't remember exactly which came first(they were both around the same general time period): me becoming friends with Martin, or EoFF EzBoard and then Unney. So I'll leave 'em both.

kirk81
06-14-2004, 05:45 PM
got to thigs to say 1. shlupquack is sorta my friend 2. the first person to talk to me is baloki

Loony BoB
06-14-2004, 05:49 PM
First person I had a "post-conversation" with: Etienne (Thorn)
First person I knew: Raven - an offline friend of mine who joined a week or two after me.
First person I PM'ed: Lilly Rinoa Landois
First online friend from EoFF: Robb (Robbie)
First person I chatted to: Robb (Robbie)
First girlfriend: Wishing Star (Selphie)

Names in brackets are their member names at the time I got to know them.

The best answer for me without a doubt would be Robb. He made a thread with my name on it with a picture aimed at my New Zealander-ness. Soon after, I got to know Emma, Sapphire, Ashi, Skwowwy and Danni. The rest is history. I didn't get to know the "big" names at EoFF until a fair while later, though.

eternalshiva
06-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Umm Jalbrean was my yh first "EoFF Friend" which is freaky because he befriends no one ^_^ I wins!

Then there was [the list is way too big] but Baloki is my latest xD

zacks_clone
06-14-2004, 06:08 PM
havent made one. I concider some of the people here like...allies i guess,but i dont know anyone well enough to concider any of them friends.sorry guys

edit: correction: One_winged_angel was probably my first friend here

Logan
06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Evelia, I think. I met a bunch of people all around the same time: James Latimer something Rebel (Joaquin? :O!), RyuKishi, CloudDragon, etc. But Maggie was the first, I think. :skull3:

Levian
06-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Well, I didn't really have any friends at all during my first time here. The nearest I would come a friend was Mystic Ice Goddess, but we weren't really close at all. My first real friend must have been Squally Leonharty.

Mikztsu
06-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Let's see...I joined EoFF 3 years and 7 months ago.There were many people I befriended with when I joined: Cactuar2000 Musashius, Wyllius, Chibirinoa, Raf ( Endless), Nait and Tatum. Unfortunately they're all gone now. Yes, Nait doesn't seem to be here either anymore.

First person I got to know well and PM'ed me, semi-ironically was my ex-fiancee Lilly. Also around those times when I created the EoFF chess tournament, I got to know Ariel very well and we used to be very good friends. Oh yes, and Danni. :) None of those actively here either anymore; just random posts from Ariel. Please forgive me if I forgot anyone from my early EoFF days, 'coz my mind doesn't like being very clear right now.

escobert
06-14-2004, 07:22 PM
PG.

Kirobaito
06-14-2004, 07:30 PM
When I actually joined and posted in early 2002 my only friends were Cloud of Midgar (now Jenova-Rebirth), Giga Guess, and Spatvark. :p I think, atleast. So I'd say them.

First Person I PMed: Cloud of Midgar
First Person I Received a PM From: Yamaneko (Vivi_FFIX)
First Person I Chatted With Outside EoFF: Spatvark

War Angel
06-14-2004, 07:42 PM
No-body wuvs me. :( So I have no fwends here.

Ouch!
06-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't remember the name of my first friend here, I just know that I met him in the Writer's Corner. He stopped posting shortly after I joined, hence why I don't remember his name. The first real friends I made were Taerdin and Alpha, who I met when I joined a linkshell for FFXI known as the WLA (Windurst Liberation Army, led by GrandLethal, another friend I made.) Shortly after a guy posted a thread about why I suck (it was rather humourous) I met Tokki. I talked to her for a long time, but for the past couple months I haven't talked to her. I only assumed she disappeared.

The only friends from EoFF I still talk to are GL, Alpha and Taerdin. All three no longer post here.

Laguna
06-14-2004, 07:51 PM
I havent really been around long enough to make an impression- pity really, you all seem quite cool! Still, who knows what will happen with time?

muchacho
06-14-2004, 07:57 PM
i dont have any friends :D :) :mad: :( :shame: :cry: *runs away crying*

Roogle
06-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Ok, let's see how good some of our memories are.

I believe he's posting as Blue nowadays, but I do believe he was the first friend I made out of EoFF. I usually talk to him on AIM and we chat about stuff, and about EoFF too. It was fun. On the way, I also made some new friends, but I believe that Blue was my first friend I made off EoFF. I was friends with Britt before EoFF, so he doesn't count.

Well, thanks for telling the secret! Now everyone will know; though, I don't think he really cared. ;)

SeeDRankLou
06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
I've honestly not made a friend on this forum. There are people on this forum that enjoy my postings and vice versa, and there are people that I have debates with, but no friends. I'd say the closest person on here as a friend would be eternalshiva, and maybe aeris2001x2. I've never done the PM or the chat thing. *makes mental note to try those*

eternalshiva
06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
me? ^_^ uberness! *hugs*

Meow
06-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Ha, Linus.

i don't spend lots of time interacting online, other than through LJ and message boards (primarily EoFF), which are too paced to really create strong friendships. Not to mention that i personally find online bonds inherently weaker and less developed than person-to-person friendship, so i don't know that i would ever fairly say i had <i>friends</i> online.

But, for example, Ashley gave me LJ access way back when i was a newbie and we've since found plenty of friendly ground. i wouldn't say we have so much of a friendship as a mutual understanding that, were we ever to meet, we <i>could</i>. But i think that's all anyone can say about an internet acquaintance, and it's still slick.

HanaKirei
06-14-2004, 10:12 PM
I haven't really made any friends through this forum. ^.^; *loser*

Rainecloud
06-14-2004, 10:12 PM
I first talked to an EoFF member called Sephiroth199ad a few years ago, after seeing a great post from him in the FFVII forum which told the Aeris ranters to go to hell. We added each other to MSN and began talking. Ever since then, we've been good friends who keep in touch regularly (except for the last three months due to an unforseen communication problem - which was my fault). I really enjoy talking to him, and it's amazing to see that our thoughts, opinions and personalities are so alike.

Aside from that, I only talk to Xander regularly. She's such a nice girl, and we get along really well. I don't have many friends at EoFF and probably never will have, but I'm very grateful for the association that I receive from my small circle of buddies.

Rye
06-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Hm... I can't really remember my first friend aside from a girl who used to go on here called Scandalous (but she's a mean girl now, so I don't speak to her :) ), but I can remember my first group of friends. It would be Psychotic, Mucha, Pure Strife, and the other older members of BAoTW

I'm pretty certain on this that the first person I spoke to on EOFF properly and call call a friend of any sort was Rye back when she was RikkuYuna89 a good few years back I seem to remember. Other than that it has escaped me

I remember talking to you when you first came here. :) I think that it was nearly a year ago. =o Time flies.

Baloki
06-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi I'm john *assumes discuise to post*.

Well I actually think the first person I talked to was Ansem *cries*, friend? Probably Psy.... I think my sanity went downhill from there and an interesting fact, this person called Baloki used to be scared of Leeza, Xander and ES, he did xD, what a wuss :D

Levian
06-14-2004, 10:47 PM
an interesting fact, this person called Baloki used to be scared of Leeza, Xander and ES, he did xD, what a wuss :D

I can see why you was afraid of Leeza's old sig :/

m4tt
06-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Proto. Or bossker. One of thems. :D

RSL
06-14-2004, 11:33 PM
My story is pretty similar to Raistlins. I knew a lot of people that originally registered here already from FFWA such as Rydia, Jojo, etc.

Ariel
06-14-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't remember my first PM's and whatnot, or even the first person who IM'ed me. But my first good friend was Mikztsu, and, to a slightly less extent, Cactuar2000. Now Simon's gone and I don't talk to Mikael anymore! =o

Hrmm... I thought this was going to be a topic about your first friend, ever. xD

Peegee
06-14-2004, 11:44 PM
That's an impossible question. Everybody has ever made friends with me post right now and I'll determine which of you came first.

Besides what determines a friend? I mean, I was chatting as a loner for literally years. Was it Joel? Mandee? DCI Superfun? Aaron?

Meow
06-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Ha, didn't you know there was nothing before EoFF? Our join dates are as good as our birthdays. People sometimes ask me what i was like as a kid, but i always have to tell them that i didn't join until i was seventeen. i get the queerest looks, but i just figure they haven't found the site yet.

ZeZipster
06-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Drugs were my first friend at EoFF, happy times...
:spin:

muchacho
06-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Hm... I can't really remember my first friend aside from a girl who used to go on here called Scandalous (but she's a mean girl now, so I don't speak to her :) ), but I can remember my first group of friends. It would be Psychotic, Mucha, Pure Strife, and the other older members of BAoTW

yay friend :D

Ki Ki
06-15-2004, 01:25 AM
My first friend was Misfit.
Haha. Ah...I remeber those good ol' days when we would do a happy dance together.
Then there was Sapphire and Ellay. Both have dissapeared though. They were both great.

-N-
06-15-2004, 01:26 AM
First online friend, I see...

Peegee stands out in my mind as one of the few people I talked to outside of EoFF as a result of EoFF. That was... a few years ago.

And only Kishi knows my real name, from #eoff. I remember talking to Daryl, S1999AD, and Jojo there. Oh yeah, Jojo knows my real name too. (I don't remember if PeeGee does.) Also a few years ago.

sephxangel
06-15-2004, 01:27 AM
I haven't really made any friends here yet...the closest would be eternalshiva but that is just cause she was nice to me...

*is friendless* :cry:

SomethingBig
06-15-2004, 01:32 AM
I haven't really made any friends here yet...

*is friendless* :cry:

Ditto. And I've been here for 3-4 years.

-N-
06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Tear-jerking, isn't it? :p

Sounds like you need a hug. *leaves it to someone else* :D

SomethingBig
06-15-2004, 01:36 AM
My only pal on EoFF was Ethereal, who doesn't/didn't count because we lived a block away from eachother and he only stayed in EoFF for about a month.

Kirobaito
06-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Ditto. And I've been here for 3-4 years.
Your join date is in May of 2003. That's barely over a year. :p

sephxangel
06-15-2004, 01:50 AM
How sad and pathetic we are...*sigh*

ok time to cheer up now! we'll get friends just wait and see! we won't be friendless forever!

SomethingBig
06-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh, I used to be ReflectedSin. My very first username was MagusDisciple, though, I think.

Peegee
06-15-2004, 02:02 AM
POD do you ever go on aim? I haven't seen you in forever :D

Calliope
06-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Robb, back in the day.

Strider
06-15-2004, 03:36 AM
I'd say either Matt, Brendan or Antonicles.

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2004, 03:46 AM
I don't have many people I talk to outside of EoFF or chat. I talk to Mik and Psychotic sometimes. Yep.

Del Murder
06-16-2004, 06:10 AM
caolen was the first member I was ever friends with. She was a nice enough gal, though now she likes to keep sending me links to her forums on Yahoo even though we haven't talked in over a year.

black orb
06-16-2004, 06:21 AM
>>> I forgot, or maybe i just never made a real friend here.

-N-
06-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Yeah, dude - I'm just not on during the day, cause I'm at work and I put my comp on standby. And when I am on, I usually have an away message up, but I still message with it thanks to DeadAIM.

edit: Example, I'm on now, but I'm away, and I'm not messaging anyone because I'm tired and going to sleep.

Yamaneko
06-16-2004, 06:34 AM
Divina, I believe. I'm not going to throw "friend" around loosely.

HOOTERS
06-16-2004, 06:35 AM
I've never even contemplated becoming friends with anyone here. You're all just a bunch of little pictures with writing next to it. Having said that the closest thing I would have to a friend here is Leeza, but I've never met her and I hardly talk to her outside the forums and I think friendship requires actual human interaction. :smash:

Yamaneko
06-16-2004, 06:36 AM
I agree with... Hoot. Yeah.

Ki Ki
06-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Very true.
Oh I forgot to mention Vincent06 or 07 or something. Phil I mean

*throws a cookie at HOOTERS*.

Jack
06-16-2004, 11:40 AM
I guess Xander and me were pretty friendly when I started.But not that close.
I guess my first BEST friens was Kiuru, who I still talk to in the chat rooms whenever I can.

Spiritus Sancti
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I don't have any friends here because I haven't posted long enough
but eternalshiva was the first person to talk to me.

Jalbrean
06-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Eternalshiva

First and only Eoff friend. It will probably remain that way too. ;p

Mr. Graves
06-16-2004, 09:48 PM
My first real friend was Radje. I used to help out at the forum all the time. It wasn't until I got mIRC, that I made even more friends.

Giggles
06-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Spuuky.

...Oh, and Mik, eest, and Leeza, too. <3

Denmark
06-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Giggles: that doesn't count. :O! :D

as for me. :O!

Psychotic. Psychotic. Psychotic.

no wait!

Moomba Misstress and erik ramza! and TheChaoticDemon!

...none of whom post here anymore. and all of whom seem to have disappeared from the internet entirely.

Rinoabella
06-16-2004, 10:49 PM
It went like this:

Robbie
Danni
Loony BoB

Kiuru
06-21-2004, 08:29 AM
My first friend was Kossage, but soon after that came Jack. :)

eestlinc
06-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Daryl

soon after also Mik and Kishi

and Paul Knox

Masami
06-21-2004, 08:41 AM
I... haven't made any friends from EoFF... :(

Shlup
06-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Eh... My first friend that I can think of was bossker.

Awrini
06-21-2004, 03:41 PM
All I can remember is Robb was the first person to say anything to me in chat.

Mindflare doesn't count because we have been friends well before EoFF.

-N-
06-22-2004, 03:13 AM
Oh yeah, I used to talk to eest fairly often on IM. Where are you, dude?

nik0tine
06-22-2004, 07:20 AM
none yet.

o_O
06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Moomba Misstress and erik ramza!
Yeah, those two were my best friends from EoFF. I miss them. I still talk to erik occasionally though. :p

My first friend from EoFF, if you don't count Sakura Yume and Jewels (Who I know in real life), was probably Mindflare; he was the only one that payed any attention to me in chat as a newbie. I remember being flayed by him.... :)

There's also Skwowwy, and then Psy and Rob/Wuppalitos/Astos/Fiend...etc, and Daniel who I made friends with shortly after. :p

Meat Puppet
06-22-2004, 11:46 AM
RSL.

DMKA
06-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Friend? Hmm...I dunno if theres anyone here I can really call 'friend', since I only communicate with them by posting here in these threads.

The first person to PM me and the only person to ever talk to me anyway besides EoFF(on another board and via AIM) is Joel. It'd be nice to get to know people better though to where I could call people my 'friends' around here. :)

Silmaril
06-23-2004, 04:48 PM
The first person i met on EoFF was eternalshiva (Hey, how's Lil?*waves*) and then there was this guy Legolas 63. Heaven knows what happened to him.

Either than that nobody.

Maxico
06-23-2004, 05:07 PM
I havn't gotten close to making any freinds in the two years I have been here.
People dont take any attention to what I say and rarley remember me.
So, no. I have no freinds from here. :(

Xander
06-23-2004, 06:50 PM
My first friends, I think, were Leia and Rainecloud.

It was funny because I sent Leia a pm commenting on her avatar or sig, and it turned out I'd seen her previously on another forum and sent her a message commenting on her avatar there (a different avatar I think) xD We sent lots of PMs back and forth all the time, we were both big FFX/Tidus fans.. But she's not really around these days, unfortunately.

Rainecloud pmed me complimenting my website which I thought was very kind of him and we pmed quite a bit before speaking on MSN, which we still do when I am actually around!

Female Ryuichi
06-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I think it was Psychotic who was my first friend here.

I love you man! :love:

Kami
06-23-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't remember who I chatted with first, but I do remember one of the earliest person was Griever. Following along with HOORJ, Linus, Mr. Rocko. I guess you could say these were my friends...?

Tfalk
06-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Im not good at connecting with people........HEY GET AWAY FROM ME!!! AAARGHH *jumps out through the window*