PDA

View Full Version : What happened to climhazzared

kirk81
06-15-2004, 12:45 AM
that was a good ability

Ouch!
06-15-2004, 12:51 AM
It's climhazzard.
You can't expect every Final Fantasy to have the same skills. I can only recall FFVII and IX having climhazzard. It's nothing like summons, chocobos, moogles or certain spells that are always reappearing. It's just not a trademark of the series that would be used over and over.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Word - every Final Fantasy is essentially its own game. Any crossovers are special occurances, NOT the status quo. The fun of beating different FFs is coming up with new strategies to defeat enemies, not reusing the same things over and over. That's boring and unoriginal. Enjoy the game for what it has, don't gripe about what its missing.

-N-
06-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Climhazzard was in three games - 7, 9, and Tactics. It's not a series staple.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-16-2004, 08:59 AM
I seem to notice a trend in your posts in the FFX threads, kirk81.

To put it bluntly, FFX isn't FFVII and hoping that it is is asking to be disappointed. FFX has its own spells and abilities, some of which are recycled, some of which are not. I don't mind them reusing the spells so much, but I like that they mix them up a bit. I'd find it extremely irritating if Tidus just inherited all of Cloud's limits, Kihmari inherited all of Cid's, and so on. I like a little variety.

TheAbominatrix
06-16-2004, 09:18 AM
I seem to notice a trend in your posts in the FFX threads, kirk81.

To put it bluntly, FFX isn't FFVII and hoping that it is is asking to be disappointed. FFX has its own spells and abilities, some of which are recycled, some of which are not. I don't mind them reusing the spells so much, but I like that they mix them up a bit. I'd find it extremely irritating if Tidus just inherited all of Cloud's limits, Kihmari inherited all of Cid's, and so on. I like a little variety.

Very, very well said. Took the words right out of my mouth.

It was in IX and Tactics too... as for those, well, IX was a game of references. So so many things in IX reference other games in the series, hence was Climhazzard was there. And as for it's place in Tactics (which I havent gotten very far in), does it belong to Cloud? So that'd be the reason there.

Now, for the next inevitable FFX question... "Dude, where the hell is Aerith?"

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Cloud has all of his Limit Breaks in Tactics, plus Cherry Blossom, so yes, Climhazzard is his and with good reason. I believe it does the amount of damage an enemy has taken to them, so if they've lost 350 HP it does 350 damage. Either that or it does the amount of damage Cloud himself has taken. I think that one's Blade Beam though.

Now, for the next inevitable FFX question... "Dude, where the hell is Aerith?"

Dead, where she belongs. Though she does make a cameo in Tactics, or at least it's a girl thats supposed to be just like her, which is why Cloud comes to save her after he's been transported to the Ivalice.

TheAbominatrix
06-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Dead, where she belongs. Though she does make a cameo in Tactics, or at least it's a girl thats supposed to be just like her, which is why Cloud comes to save her after he's been transported to the Ivalice.

I'm proud to say I knew that. I was just bein intentionally dumb, anyway.

Del Murder
06-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Now where the hell is my car?

DocFrance
06-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Now where the hell is my car?
Err... sorry Del, but when I borrowed it last night, I had a little too much to drink... and I guess I left it parked in the Calm Lands. And, to tell the truth, I don't remember where exactly it was parked... so... happy hunting!

Del Murder
06-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Dammit, now all those birds are going to... dammit.

DocFrance
06-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Can't remember where I left the keys, though.