PDA

View Full Version : The official guidebook...

DiggyPup
06-15-2004, 10:00 PM
:choc: hey. i just got ffx-2 and the guidebook, but when i was reading reviews on it, y'know, everyone complained about it. i don't really care if some of the things are wrong, but what i'm aiming to do is get 100% the first time (actually i think i'd lose patience if i didnt achieve that...) does anybody know if the completion list in the back of the book, is completely accurate? or if it's not, whats wrong, or is there any good site that has the right one? thanks every1. :moomba: :moomba: :tongue:

SeeDRankLou
06-15-2004, 10:43 PM
That list is almost but not entirely accurate. If someone would have fixed the errors I posted in the Site Staff forum then the one on this site would be right, but alas. As far as I remember, the list in the official strategy guide has two flaws.

One (very easy to figure out)
In Ch 1, it says to speak to Barali twice. But it tells you to do this in (I think) Guadosalam. You can probably figure out that you need to do this in Bevelle.

Two (more difficult)
Here's what the strategy guide says: (it left a few things out)

Ch 4
Celsius:
-Watch Crimson Spheres 2 and 3.
-Rest in Cabin. (Sometime during Ch 4)

Commspheres
-Besaid
-Kilika
-Mushroom Rock Road
-Bevelle

Celsius:
-Speak to Paine on the Deck.

When it should go:

Ch 4
Celsius:
-Rest in the Cabin. (Sometime during Ch 4)
-Speak to Paine on the Deck
-Watch Crimson Spheres 2 and 3 (only after you speak to Paine do you have this chance)

Commspheres:
-Besaid
-Kilika
-Mushroom Rock Road
-Bevelle

Celsius: (it leaves this part out, which is worth a bit)
-Speak to Buddy on the Bridge.
-Speak to Paine on the Bridge.

In the above, you have to speak to Buddy to progress, but if you follow the strategy guide to the letter you will get 99.8% because you will neglect to speak to Paine in the aformentioned spot. Other than that it's good.

But, if you want a more detailed walkthrough, go to the FFX-2 FAQ list on gamefaqs.com and find the one title Perfect Game Walkthrough by nemesis, that's a very good and very thorough FAQ that I would recommend to anyone. If just a list is good for you, then make the above adjustments and go to town.

Big D
06-17-2004, 04:35 AM
The Guidebook has a few oversights (the BradyGames book, I mean, since that's the only one I have), but it works fine. I only used it on my second play through the game.

Using a guide on your first attempt will ruin a lot of big surprises in the plot... but I guess that the 'completion guide' at the back of the book is vague enough to avoid giving too many things away.

DiggyPup
06-17-2004, 06:39 PM
thanks guys!!! :p