PDA

View Full Version : Moogles!

Cloudane
06-15-2004, 11:07 PM
I was just reading on the front page that Moogles have been spotted in screenshots, most likely looking after the chocobo stables... cool! :D

It'll be nice to see those lil guys back as more than just a black mage's stuffed weapon again :)

Has anyone actually seen the screenshot? (I haven't, can't find one)

Ouch!
06-15-2004, 11:19 PM
I think there was one at the official site, the moogle was in the second of the picture, but it was kind of hectic and had a bunch of other stuff in there two and the attention was drawn away from the moogle.

I've been praying that we get a moogle as a playable character, but seeing as that's been done before, I doubt it'll happen.

unknown88
06-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Moogles look like bunnies in this game rather than furry pigs (just look at FFTA for reference)

but wait, Viera are bunnies too...

Arrrrg.

Ouch!
06-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Moogles look like bunnies in this game rather than furry pigs (just look at FFTA for reference)

but wait, Viera are bunnies too...

Arrrrg.
Since when were they furry pigs?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-16-2004, 03:32 AM
They're supposed to be moles crossed with bats. Plus the pom-pom.

It's really too bad that they're bringing back the FFTA look, though.

Yuzuki130
06-23-2004, 11:17 PM
I agree. The FFTA Moogles looked frickin' anorexic! I miss the old FF9 moogle! I hated the game, but that had to be the best moogle design in an FF!

XxSephirothxX
10-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Agreed. I wish they'd bring back the original moogles. FFTA's moogles have some Fu**ed up ears and Pom Poms!

Lon611
10-08-2004, 04:17 AM
I've been praying that we get a moogle as a playable character, but seeing as that's been done before, I doubt it'll happen.

isn't cait sith supposed to be a moogle stuffed-animal brought to life? :confused:

KentaRawr!
10-08-2004, 02:59 PM
In something called RPG Maker, one of the enemies is called Cait Sith.. so this Cait Sith might be pretty Common (like the Tengu in DOA2) The big stuffed animal that Cait Sith is on might be a moogle o_o :mog: :choc:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-09-2004, 01:48 AM
isn't cait sith supposed to be a moogle stuffed-animal brought to life? :confused:

I think thats what Zaphier meant....its been done before....doubtful it might happen again!!

I love moggles and chocobos...reguardless of what they look like....

Maxico
10-09-2004, 11:21 AM
In something called RPG Maker, one of the enemies is called Cait Sith.. so this Cait Sith might be pretty Common

Cait sith means something like faerie cat. I think. I dunno. ask kishi.

DJZen
10-09-2004, 08:11 PM
I think thats what Zaphier meant....its been done before....doubtful it might happen again!!

People, the FF series didn't start with the 7th installment.....

Okay, the first instance of moogles was in FFIII, but the first playable moogle was Mog in FFVI, and he's been brought back into the series in FFVII, FFIX, FFCC, and probably some others I'm forgetting. The thing that Cait Sith rides is supposed to be a giant stuffed moogle, though it bears little resemblance to other moogles. The FFTA moogles were designed by a different person, so naturally they look different. They're sort of a moogle human hybrid. However, their battle sprites look very mooglish. Yoshitaka Amano invented the moogle, so the look they're supposed to have can be found in his works. The word itself (in Japan it's Mogiri I think) is a combination of the Japanese words for Mole and Bat. The pom-pom is just part of Amano's weirdness manifesting itself on paper, but it's become almost the only consistency of the various interpretations of moogles. If you look at Mog from FFVI, the Moogles from SoM, the moogles from KH, the moogles from FFCC, and the Moogles from FFTA, you'll see only similarities, but not exact likenesses.

Ouch!
10-09-2004, 09:01 PM
People, the FF series didn't start with the 7th installment.....
I was refering to Mog. I wasn't sure which one it was, as I'm still playing through the earlier ones. >=O

I never even thought of Cait Sith as a moogle. He was a freakin' cat.

Chris
10-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Don't forget that moogles also appeared in FFV and FFIIj!

The moogles in FFIIj are allegedly supposed to be the beavers (or whatever) creatures living in the snowfield dungeon!

kikimm
10-09-2004, 10:45 PM
I never even thought of Cait Sith as a moogle. He was a freakin' cat.

And an ugly one at that...*shudder*

Anyways. I don't think....a moogle would "fit" with the direction the game seems to be going. A nice little mog in the middle of a gruesome battlefield? He'd be trampled in an instant.

It'd be cool for a mog, or two, to be characters, though. Sort of FFIX style.

:D

Chris
10-09-2004, 10:48 PM
I want back the beaver moogles!

These are the first moogles!