PDA

View Full Version : sub job

oreodragon97
06-16-2004, 03:01 AM
Where do u have to go to get a sub job and what sub would be best for a war??? :mog:

Ouch!
06-16-2004, 03:07 AM
You can get it in either Selbina (Valkurm Dunes) or Mhaura (Buburimu Penninsula.) The one in Selbina is easier to do because there are more people to group with there.

For Selbina you need a crab apron (found by fighting snippers,) a damselfly worm (found by fighting damselflies) and a magicked skull (found by fighting ghouls.) All three can be found in the ghoul, but it might be easier to go to Gusgen Mines for the skull with a high level ally. When collected you give these items to Isacio.

For Mhaura you need a wild rabbit tail (found fighting mighty rarabs,) a cup of dhamel saliva (found fighting bull dhalmels, anda bloody robe (found fighting bogys.)

You have to be level 18 to turn in the items and you can begin grouping in Valkurm at 10, though I wouldn't go until 12. Buburimu... well, you'll never get a group there anyways.

Lionx
06-16-2004, 03:45 AM
Disagree on bubu part, you will get groups there, first lvl 10ish you fight mandies near outpost, then move onto weak gobs, then Zu, then move onto snippers and the dhamel. The problem with bubu is the bogy that drops the bloody robe, it drops often but you would need a higher lvl to help you. Bubu parties are generally ppl that are lvling their subjob and do not want to party with the generally newb filled valkurm, hence you will get generally better parties there.

Ouch!
06-16-2004, 04:04 AM
Every time I've been to Bubu it had less than ten people. I've never seen it with any more than that.

Lionx
06-16-2004, 06:02 AM
Seen it with more than 30 once, maybe it was the time of day?

Citizen Bleys
06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
I'm with Zaphier. If I go into Bubu, I fully expect to be the only one there.

EternalBahamut
06-17-2004, 01:24 AM
a good sub for a warrior is a monk because it boosts your hit points and defense. Red is pretty popular at least in the lower levels because it still adds to your attack while giving you the chance to heal and protect yourself while soloing. Try not to think as much though what is best for the job but what you want to do in the pt. War/theif is good as second tank for the sneak attach. I personally would stay away from black mage for a sub because it really takes you away from what you are meant to do and you don't get enough mp to make it really worth while. So monk is best as a tank but try and stick to a damage dealer as a sub.

Lionx
06-17-2004, 05:54 AM
O yea at lvl 60 if you are deciding to stick with WAR, you can try SATA(Sneak Attack + Trick Attack) and try to act like a pseudo-THF and help things out, its not the best way but hey its not bad.

Mikztsu
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
I really can't wait to get Ninja as advanced job for my thief.

Lionx
06-17-2004, 11:55 AM
I really can't wait to get Ninja as advanced job for my thief.

Adv job? You technically can only have a main/sub thats all..adv job is just another job...^^;

so your going THF/NIN?

Mikztsu
06-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Yes, I know that and that's what I meant; I'm gonna go with THF/NIN

Bahamut2000X
06-17-2004, 03:08 PM
THF/NIN works well I think with dual qield and triple attack. WHne I went WAR/NIN for a bit to try it out, I managed to get double attack on each hand at times, or sometimes just on one.

Imagine triple attack, the possibility of 6 attacks in total. :D

Mikztsu
06-17-2004, 04:15 PM
THF/NIN works well I think with dual qield and triple attack. WHne I went WAR/NIN for a bit to try it out, I managed to get double attack on each hand at times, or sometimes just on one.

Imagine triple attack, the possibility of 6 attacks in total. :D

Yes, thought of it makes me smile. :)

EternalBahamut
06-18-2004, 01:18 AM
my brother it theif/war right now at lv 30 and taking off huge damage. Sneak+trick and weapon skill, took off 290 damage. I always look for a theif now.

Lionx
06-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Try it with Viper Bite, godly stuff man...:

DRG uses Double Thrust!
Beetle takes 178 dmg
THF uses Sneak Attack!
THF uses Trick Attack!
THF uses Viper Bite!
Beetle takes 498 dmg
Skillchain: Distortion!
250 damage from Skilchain!
BLM readies BlizzardII
RDM readies WaterII
WHM readies Blizzard(yes i burst too if i have mp and if things are going well and the renkei is strong vs the mob)
WHM MB 107 dmg!
BLM MB 290 dmg!
RDM MB 178 dmg!
Beetle Falls(from full life)