PDA

View Full Version : Problem with downloading files.

Ariel
06-16-2004, 06:13 AM
When I go to download something it's automatically downloaded to temporary internet files and opened when it finishes, and it won't prompt me to save them. This is a problem because some things don't allow you to right click and save target as, you must left click them. How can I get it so it prompts again? It used to but I accidentally hit something once and I don't know where the option is to reset it. Thanks in advance if anyone could help. =)

Baloki
06-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Internet Explorer 6:
Goto Tools
Then Internet Options
The click the Advanced Tab and have a look through
If you want the easy way and don't care too much about yor current settings for saving passwords and so on goto Tools, Reset Web Settings then click Yes.

crono_logical
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Alternatively, download Mozilla or Firefox from www.mozilla.org, and you shouldn't have that problem again. You can even disable Javascript if you want in it so the right-click doesn't get disabled :p

Ariel
06-22-2004, 04:58 AM
Mozilla did the trick. Thanks very much. =)

Yamaneko
06-22-2004, 05:06 AM
I still recommend Firefox over Mozilla, since Mozilla is clunky and slow, but at least it's better than IE.

crono_logical
06-22-2004, 08:03 AM
I dunno, it's not really if you don't install all the other extra stuff like composer etc. I prefer Mozilla because I prefer the skin, it has a more informative download manager instead of a screen space wasting chunky one, and I prefer the address and search bar combined into one, and not seperated like it is in Firefox :p