PDA

View Full Version : Who here has played Lunar2.

kirk81
06-16-2004, 03:04 PM
I think its a good game.

Bahamut2000X
06-16-2004, 03:28 PM
I've played it too, near the very end of the game but I haven't had the inititive to beat the final dungeon yet. Guess I'm just a lazy mofo.

Raistlin
06-16-2004, 03:44 PM
I've only part-way into it, and never gotten around to getting farther. I don't really like the characters(some of them are big rip-offs from the prior characters).

Lunar SSSC rocks, though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-16-2004, 04:34 PM
I love this game.

While several of the characters can seem a lot like characters from the first game, they're actually very different once you get under their skin. The most blatant similarities are between Kyle and Ronfar, but there are differences even there. Kyle is constantly immature until nearly the end of SSS, when he finally realizes that some things warrant a serious attitude. Ronfar, on the other hand, has a trauma in his past that has long since taught him sensitivity towards emotion, not to mention the spirituality he possesses thanks to his profession as a priest. And you can bet he doesn't incite or propogate petty squabbles with Mauri the way Kyle does with Jessica.

eternalshiva
06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
I loved it ^_^ Leo was awesome and they are the two games that I actually finished to the end ^_^ besides the FF.

Raistlin
06-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Kishi: I don't remember a whole lot about the game. Ronfar irritated me at first, but since Kyle rocks and Ronfar acts a lot like Kyle, I didn't mind too much.

The character that REALLY annoyed me was Jean. Because she started off not wanting to fight because of her "secret past" and when I learned out exactly what that was, I was like "wtf? that's so friggin' stupid, whiney *bad words not appropriate at EoFF*, just *more bad words* fight already!" God, she was irritating.

Oh, and Lemina was a rip-off name from Lemia, and is exactly what Nash would be like with a sex-change. And since Nash pissed me off(although that's what he was supposed to do story-wise), Lemina also pissed me off.

Oh, and the worst part about the beginning of Lunar 2: no Nall. Nall rocks so much it's not funny.

black orb
06-16-2004, 08:34 PM
>>> I love this game, me and my two brothers (one of them just 10 years old) beat this game and we keep replaying it sometimes. Fun for all the ages!.
http://ffenv.com/random/ruby.gif

BatChao
06-17-2004, 02:46 AM
I've played it... but I find the battle system to be too boring. It got really, really, repetitive toward the end, so I was glad that I beat it.. but GACK! There's the epilogue thing after you beat the final boss! Bleh, I haven't beaten the epilogue yet.

Lord Chainsaw
06-17-2004, 10:24 PM
The Lunar series has always been great.

Lunar: The Silver Star Story is a great game, but I have to say that Lunar 2 is slightly better.

My favorite character from the Lunar series is Nash. I've never seen a character quite like him. He's stuck up, arrogant, and a big jerk. His character is just so lively. He has this sort of attitude. He even says "Check this out!" when casting a spell. This all changes however, when he is near Mia. All of his pride and courage disappears and he becomes a dumbstruck and scared buffoon. He's probably one of the most original party members I've ever had in an RPG.

As for Lunar 2, I thought the entire cast was great. Hiro was much better than Alex. Alex had no personality. Leo wasn't very high on my favorites list until the whole Mystere thing, which really cracked me up.
Lemina was much more flavorful than Mia. Nash was better than Jean. Ronfar and Kyle were both excellent. Lucia was funnier than Luna, especially if you have the strategy guide and have read the Lunatic Parade comics.

That leaves the villains. What can I say about the Lunar villains? I think they're excellent. The Magic Emperor was great. He had great motives for doing what he did. You could almost feel sympathetic for him. Not to mention John Truitt was the perfect voice actor for him.

A lot of people will say they prefer the Magic Emperor to Zophar. I'm not one of those people. Yes, the Magic Emperor had probably deeper motives for being evil, but people often forget that Zophar doesn't need motives for being evil. He IS evil itself. Owen Smith did an incredible job with Zophar's voice. Even though the computer fixed up the voice, you could still feel his character in the voice. The voice just reeks of power. He's also so damn hard. While the final boss of the first Lunar was difficult, Zophar was damn near impossible.

Some day I would like to see a Lunar 3. The very end of the epilogue in Lunar 2 hints a bit to a possible sequel. The reason I believe Working Designs hasn't given us a sequel is because they don't want to ruin it. I'll just have to be content with 1 and 2 then.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2004, 01:13 AM
As much as Victor Ireland would like you to believe that Working Designs made the LUNAR games, they did not. Game Arts has been solely responsible for the creation of all the games in the series. WD just translated four out of the seven games therein.

Raistlin
06-18-2004, 04:21 AM
My favorite character from the Lunar series is Nash.
I was tempted to stop reading right there.

This all changes however, when he is near Mia. All of his pride and courage disappears and he becomes a dumbstruck and scared buffoon. He's probably one of the most original party members I've ever had in an RPG.
Nash isn't original. He's not even MEANT to be original. How is a stuck-up, pompous, irritating teenage elitist original?

Lemina was much more flavorful than Mia. Nash was better than Jean. Ronfar and Kyle were both excellent. Lucia was funnier than Luna, especially if you have the strategy guide and have read the Lunatic Parade comics.
You're comparing apples and oranges, there. You can't compare Lemina and Mia; you have to compare Lemina and Nash. Each character from Lunar 2 has its counterpart from Lunar SSSC. So: Nash was better than Lemina(as a pompous jerk), and Jessica was better than Jean(I hate Jean). Kyle is better than Ronfar(because he dressed up like a clown girl which was the best part of Lunar SSSC), and in Lunar SSSC you have Nall's piping comments all throughout the game. So no, I don't agree with your character analysis.

A lot of people will say they prefer the Magic Emperor to Zophar. I'm not one of those people. Yes, the Magic Emperor had probably deeper motives for being evil, but people often forget that Zophar doesn't need motives for being evil. He IS evil itself. Owen Smith did an incredible job with Zophar's voice. Even though the computer fixed up the voice, you could still feel his character in the voice. The voice just reeks of power. He's also so damn hard. While the final boss of the first Lunar was difficult, Zophar was damn near impossible.
See, I like Magic Emperor because HE was more original. Motiveless evil is not original.

Just had to give my $.02. :D

Lord Chainsaw
06-18-2004, 06:10 AM
Damn that Victor Ireland. I've always thought he was an ass from the first time I saw him. I was mainly led to believe WD made Lunar because there's a giant Working Designs logo smack in the front of my Lunar 2 T-shirt (which owns by the way, it's got Lucia casting a spell with the other heroes' faces in the back.

---

I was tempted to stop reading right there.

OH NOES! My favorite character is Nash and you don't approve!

Nash isn't original. He's not even MEANT to be original. How is a stuck-up, pompous, irritating teenage elitist original?

Show me 5 RPG characters that are stuck-up, pompous, irritating (you forgot lovesick) teenage elitists prior to the release of Lunar: The Silver Star. Then I might give that statement an ounce of credibility. A personality you don't particularly like =/= unoriginality.

You're comparing apples and oranges, there. You can't compare Lemina and Mia; you have to compare Lemina and Nash. Each character from Lunar 2 has its counterpart from Lunar SSSC. So: Nash was better than Lemina(as a pompous jerk), and Jessica was better than Jean(I hate Jean). Kyle is better than Ronfar(because he dressed up like a clown girl which was the best part of Lunar SSSC), and in Lunar SSSC you have Nall's piping comments all throughout the game. So no, I don't agree with your character analysis.

Uh...I believe my analysis is very credible. Lemina and Mia are both the nukers/wizards, Hiro and Alex are both the main characters, and Jean and Nash are both the quickies. For added comparison: Leo and Kyle are both the brawny swordsmen, and Jessica and Ronfar are both the healers (I didn't compare those last two in my post, but you get the idea by now, right?) So while we may base our analyses on different criterias, that doesn't mean the way I look at the characters is any less credible. You can disagree with my analysis all you want, but that's not going to change anything.

See, I like Magic Emperor because HE was more original. Motiveless evil is not original.

Gee, so it isn't cuz he looks liek Seperot!11!1 then? You want to really know why I prefer Zophar to the Magic Emperor? When a villain becomes a good guy, they lose all the credibility they had as a villain. Nothing pisses me off more than a good villain switching sides. Villains are supposed to be evil and ruthless. While this doesn't completely make Ghaleon a bad villain, this does make him lose points in my book. Zophar is scary. He's the type of villain that makes you crap your pants. I don't know how to explain it very well, how should I say this? He's the type of villain that is very unlikely to fail. I don't know if that made sense. If it did, then wow. And any villain that can make the Magic Emperor shake in his boots is damn awesome. Zophar KNOWS he's the shit. He refers to himself as Master of Mayhem and Architect of Anarchy. Besides, the Zophar battle theme owns the Magic Emperor's crappy Go! Go! Go!

I really don't know what this is all about. Are you trying to start an argument or something? I like Lunar 2 more than I like Lunar 1. Deal with it.