PDA

View Full Version : Why Thunder Slash never works for me?

Evil_Cloud
06-17-2004, 02:55 AM
can anyone help me. I dont understand why it always misses, is there some kind of trick to using it. I did manage to connect once with it, it was in Burmecia.....i did a whopping 24 damage at level 99 with Steiner. but other than that, nothing but misses, anyone got a clue to why this is?

Big D
06-17-2004, 10:47 AM
It's one of the most useless abilities in the game.
If you target an opponent with low defence against weapons and thunder, then it'll take an enormous amount of damage... but since the attack is allegedly so powerful, it's got incredibly poor accuracy.
So poor that it almost never connects.
Waste of MP, really. :chop:

Iceglow
06-17-2004, 01:32 PM
just wait until you learn accuracy+ ability (usually on disc 3) it makes a hit rate of about 75% then

Christmas
05-15-2022, 10:24 AM
All u need is shock & stock break. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
05-15-2022, 05:41 PM
I swear I remember Beatrix dunking on me with Thunder Slash, too.

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2022, 02:42 AM
To clarify what's going on. Thunder Slash is bugged, and has an accuracy of 0%, so it will almost always miss unless Steiner and playable Beatrix are way overleveled from the enemy they are using on. It also does fractional damage so it will never work on bosses. Despite all of the remasters/ports, it's never been fixed.

Oddly enough, the boss version of Beatrix doesn't use a bugged version of the attack, so that version is the only one that works.

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2022, 02:24 PM
omfg this is amazing