PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses?

Big D
06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/ff10/ff10_57.jpg
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/ff10/ff10_24.jpg
These two pictures are from EoFF's avatar selection. They appear to show Rikku and Paine in a costume I've never seen before... anyone know the story behind these images?
An unused dressphere perhaps, or merely promotional images?

NM
06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
I think there from the International + Last Mission version which was released in Japan earlier this year. They added a couple more Dresspheres, Battle Arena and a few other extras.

Rinoabella
06-18-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey it looks like they're wearing their sunnies upside down! :cool:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2004, 04:46 AM
That's the Psychicer dressphere. The other new one is Omatsurishi, or Festival Goer.

Big D
06-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Pictures plz?

Is there any chance that the "Last Mission" disc will get an English release? Not the complete game plus Last Mission, since I only need one copy of X-2... just Last Mission on its own. That'd be rather good...

TheAbominatrix
06-18-2004, 11:17 AM
I doubt it. Those sorts of things are usually not seen outside of Japan.

Anyway, here's some pics (cant remember where I got em). I hope they help.

Psychicer Yuna (http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/chara_yuna_p.jpg) Omatsurishi Yuna (http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/chara_yuna_m.jpg)

I'm sorry I dont have pics of the other girls in these spheres. If I come across them I'll post them here.

Big D
06-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Interesting... thanks for that:)
The Omatsurishi looks particularly good. A non-violent, traditional kind of style. Reminds me of the 'old Yuna' a little.

I'm gonna feel pretty ripped off if game companies keep selling games but then releasing "special" versions with a lot of extra material, later down the line. Seems like a cheap gimmick, really - they can rush a game and release an unfinished product to people who'll buy it, then later decide to finish the job, and make people pay for a whole extra copy of the game if they want to enjoy the extras.
I'll bet that those who bought MGS2 were fairly miffed when Substance came out; if Last Mission ever gets released here, but is only available alongside FFX-2, I'll feel much the same way.

Carnage
06-18-2004, 02:56 PM
anyone know wut those new dresspjeres are like? abilities skills and stuff?

Dark Songstress
06-18-2004, 04:23 PM
i think the Psychicer dressphere have some air power, but all the dressphere got some new. they have a lifemeter which mean if the meter down, then your character lost all her clothes. lol

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2004, 04:27 PM
GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) has at least one good FAQ describing all the things that were added in International + Last Mission, including the abilities for the new dresspheres.
I'm gonna feel pretty ripped off if game companies keep selling games but then releasing "special" versions with a lot of extra material, later down the line. Seems like a cheap gimmick, really - they can rush a game and release an unfinished product to people who'll buy it, then later decide to finish the job, and make people pay for a whole extra copy of the game if they want to enjoy the extras.I seriously would not mind if they at least released the special versions in the States.

SeeDRankLou
06-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I think that newer versions of games is more a Japanese thing. I would enjoy being able to play games like FFX:International or KH:Final Mix. But I think that Square people don't think that newer versions of games would sell well outside of Japan, so they don't send them to us. The only reason Europeans got FFX:International is because they had to wait an uberlong time for the game to come out, so they gave them the international version as condolence.

And it's not like Americans aren't guilty of this either. FFVII didn't have Ruby or Emerald weapon until it came to the US. FFVIII didn't have the junction switch ability until it came to the US (a little thing, but that save quite a bit of time). Kingdom Hearts didn't have Ice Titan or Sephiroth until it came to the US. So I'm sure the Japanese kids were over there complaining that we got stuff that they didn't get, and I guess enough of them complained so they got newer version. FFVII:International was just the same as the US version, but from FFX:International on they've added new stuff, because I guess FFVII:International sold well.

However, with the advent of the hard drive for the PS2, I wonder if there could be a way for Square to release some sort of Expansion Pack, like they have for PC games, where we could just download something onto the hard drive that could override some of the things that the disc would do and allow us to play the international versions with minimal effort on Square's part. That would be nifty, and they'd benefit from the probably surge of sales on their hard drive. As far as I know, FFXI is the only game making use of it so far.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2004, 10:04 PM
FFVII:International was just the same as the US version, but from FFX:International on they've added new stuff, because I guess FFVII:International sold well.FFVII International had a fourth disc featuring interviews with the game's creators. It wasn't much, but it was there.

DMKA
06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this WAS NOT in the US version:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/final.fantasy.x-2.job/newdress2.jpg

Was it? :confused:

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 05:33 PM
i dont know if it was. the game sucked so i kinda quite playing shortly after i started... never done that with any of square/square-enixes games before...

DMKA
06-25-2004, 10:18 PM
It didn't suck...you just didn't like it...if it sucked I wouldn't have played it for 135.5 hours before stopping(more than any other videogame ever in my life).

SeeDRankLou
06-25-2004, 10:45 PM
i dont know if it was. the game sucked so i kinda quite playing shortly after i started... never done that with any of square/square-enixes games before...

Well then you don't know if the game sucks now do you. That's like saying Super Smash Bros. Melee sucks when you first start playing it before anything is unlocked, so you stop playing it before you unlock anything and see how fun it really is.

And, that picture of Yuna is in a dress sphere called Psychicer, only available in the International+Last Mission version.

DMKA
06-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Oh I see it now...she just doesn't have the sunglasses on in that shot...my bad!