PDA

View Full Version : Holidays/Vacations.

Rainecloud
06-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Do you take vacations regularly, or are you someone who becomes home-sick quite easily? Personally, I don't go on holiday very often. When me and my family do take a vacation, however, I always enjoy it. I usually become rather sad as our 'week away' draws to a close. In summary: I don't go on holiday as much as I should.

So...
1) Do you go on holiday/vacation often?
2) Share a favourite holiday memory.
3) Where is your favourite resort, and why do you like it there?
4) Any bad holiday experiences? Please, share them.

Rinoabella
06-18-2004, 04:28 AM
1) Unfortunately, no :*(
2) Disneyland! And getting to see Fantasmic in the sky, that was pretty.
3) Los Angeles.
4) My Dad's briefcase was stolen in San Francisco, like as soon as we got there! :O

Peegee
06-18-2004, 04:56 AM
This auggie 15th or thereabouts I will finally get to go to holiday :D Too bad the friends I usually see there will not be there, as they usually go the first week of august. But this *hypoethetically* would mean I will fish more, unless for some bizarre reason I make more friends here blah blah.

BUT with my new outlook in life and philosophy in social situations I think I'll still get in some fishing...just not as much as my parents would like (ie like frigging 14 hrs a day :o)

Kirobaito
06-18-2004, 05:49 AM
I usually go once every summer.
I don't really have any.
I guess Disneyworld, or Washington D.C.
It's called New Orleans.

Polaris
06-18-2004, 08:36 AM
1) Do you go on holiday/vacation often? No...
2) Share a favourite holiday memory. This summer will be great!
3) Where is your favourite resort, and why do you like it there? .....
4) Any bad holiday experiences? Please, share them. Every vacations are bad for me!

Masami
06-18-2004, 09:50 AM
A few times a year I go to Portland,OR for the weekend (I'm in Seattle) No traveling to really fun places often though.
I think Disneyland when I was 12
I haven't been to any
Not really bad... I went to Hawaii on a school trip and didn't really have any friends, so I got pretty lonely, but I didn't let it get to me too much.

Mo-Nercy
06-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Nup. Usually our family saves up for a few years and goes to live it up back home in Zhongshan, China for a few months.

My 11 year old cousin and I killed the goldfish together. Then we spent 2 hours looking for a pet store to replace the fish.

I stayed at a four star hotel in Beijing. I liked it because everyone decided to play volleyball in the huge gym place. All the other teens in the tour group I went with who laughed and made fun of me because I couldn't speak any mandarin (I'm cantonese and I never went to school in China) got 0wned. Spiked one in the head, another in the groin. Made the third one run into the net and gag as his neck made contact with it. I beat them 3 vs 1 (25-13)

Um. I guess the three dudes above gave me a bit of a hard time, they thought it was playful but it did hurt me, but after I got back at them, they stopped.

Meat Puppet
06-18-2004, 11:46 AM
4. I went skinny dipping in winter in a cold lake at 2am

Skogs
06-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Well, since I'm studying overseas, I go home more often than not when I'm on vacation. I'm not easily prone to homesickness - if I were, I'd be in a bit of trouble since home is about 20,000 miles away for over nine months a year.

Breine
06-18-2004, 02:11 PM
1) Do you go on holiday/vacation often? No, not really. About three times a year or so.

2) Share a favourite holiday memory. Hmm, I don't know. There are so many to pick from... But, I've celebrated my birthday in foreign countries many times and that's always fun. :)

3) Where is your favourite resort, and why do you like it there? I've visited so many countries and places, so it's really hard to choose... But a countries that I love is France, England, Turkey and Italy.

4) Any bad holiday experiences? Please, share them. Yeah, It's quite disturbing. It was last year. Me and my parents went to Slovenia and we had to sit in a bus for 24 hours. That wasn't fun (Especially for my behind). When we arrived we didn't get a room with a balcony, like we ordered. It was very small and one of the beds was in the kitchen. Then the first night a loud noise came from the door and my mom thought that my dad had collapsed, 'cause he had done it a month earlier, but fortunately he didn't. Instead it was somebody at the door who had knocked on it real hard. My dad opened the door and outside stood a very drunk young man who tried to explain something to my dad, but he couldn't because he was drunk as hell. Then my dad realized that the man had done number 2 right outside our door (the man couldn't find a bathroom before the "accident" stroke). My dad told him to clean it up and then shut the door, but unfortunately the man just walked away. The next morning the "fluid" had gone under the door and it had reached our room. It was very disgusting! We complained and fortunately we got another room, with baclony and a good view. The rest of the trip was good :)

Kaos Nishiakari
06-18-2004, 02:19 PM
1) Not recently.... used to though
2) A) The arcade on the cruise ship :)
B) The GIANT slugs in Bermuda o.o
3) Mariner Motor Lodge in Cape Cod, Good times there
4) We had almost left from Bermuda on the cruise ship without my Grandma O.O

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-18-2004, 11:19 PM
1. i go overseas once every 3-4 years
2.Christmas and new years in the Phillipines....its the best.
3.Philippines....cause im from there and i enjoy it of course!
4.Got food poisoning.....was spewing for the whole day .....t'was crazy i say ...

18Darkdragon
06-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Do you take vacations regularly, or are you someone who becomes home-sick quite easily? Personally, I don't go on holiday very often. When me and my family do take a vacation, however, I always enjoy it. I usually become rather sad as our 'week away' draws to a close. In summary: I don't go on holiday as much as I should.

So...

1)Well like every summer(Im still only 15 so I have school)
2)Hmmm i cant really remember anyone
3)Well my parents (not me) are rich so they have this condo. It was wicked cool suz my uncle shared like a half of the condo and he had to leave early and i got his whole condo part for a day.
4)when i was in this pool and kind of turn in a weird way and i broke my toe.

Mr. Graves
06-19-2004, 12:47 AM
1) Do you go on holiday/vacation often? Hardly ever.
2) Share a favourite holiday memory. Going to Cleveland was nice.
3) Where is your favourite resort, and why do you like it there? Cedar Point
4) Any bad holiday experiences? Please, share them. My grandfather got pissed at me and I took a disliking to him for a long period of time afterwards.

-N-
06-21-2004, 01:42 AM
Best Vacation Ever:

Running away from home for three weeks in winter with one duffel bag of clothes and traveling up and down the entire state of California on trains, buses, and the odd hitchhike. Bummed places to live off of friends I had around the state. It cost me $150. (It wasn't really running away from home, as I talked to my parents often during the trip, they were just mad that I did it. (Silly parents.)

Worst Vacation(s) ever:
Almost any family vacation.

CloudySky
06-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Can someone explain me, please, what the heck is vacations/holidays? Often hear it when people speak, but never get meaning of it?