PDA

View Full Version : I need the PROOF!

CloudySky
06-18-2004, 06:07 PM
When I first got to the Chocobo race, my time was 16 s or so. I have spent 3 h on that damn thing and my best time was 8 s. I was frustrated… decided I need some help, so I went to gamefaqs and there some guy wrote he did it on the second try! I was considering 3 options, throwing my PS2 away, committing suicide, blowing the whole world to smithereens. It obsessed me. I have to do this! Only this one thought was on my mind at that time. After spending about an hour a day on that stupid thing for a month, I am sure it is IMPOSIBLE without cheating. I raced in total 40 h and I’ve got favorable layout of birds TWICE and my best time is 2 s and I’m sure I’ve got all reachable balloons in amount of 13! Damn you liars! Or I am unluckiest person on this condemned Earth, or you all ARE LIEING! Now I have nightmares with balloons and birds, someone it is whispering in my head, you have not finished FFX (than I hear laugh), I have constant depression and my life is over. How I can live, if I can’t finish some stupid side quest in FF! What’s the point?
I hate you all people claiming that getting 0.0 at the Chokobo race is easy. You hear me! I need the proof, the real one not your words, I don’t believe anyway. So, take a digital camera and show me you are not bullshiting. Send me your proof, or post link where I can download it (those who have US, Jap versions, don’t bother).
If you want one serial killer less in this world, better do what I ask.

Jecht Shot
06-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Like somebody stated in another thread, its a matter of skill AND LUCK.

NashX
06-18-2004, 08:04 PM
The chocobo race is all just chance. There is no real skill involved, just luck. Tip: Aim to get 13 balloons, and get hit only once. This is as hard as hell, but you'll get it eventually. Or so I hear. My best time is 0.0.2 and it is SO DAMN FRUSTRATING I WANT TO KILL SOMEBODY!!!!!!! ARGGHHHH!!!!!!

I do think people are lying when they say that this race is easy. The chocobo race is that little anomalous bastard-minigame in FFX. The one that you really have to try and do. Although it's nothing compared to that funny slot machine game in FFX-2. Man, that thing is so rigged you can see the Communist cogs turning the wheel of fortune.

Your best bet is to cheat. That's what I did in the end, and it works for me. *NashX hangs his head in shame.*

SeeDRankLou
06-18-2004, 09:26 PM
I'd go for 18 balloons myself. When I got 0:0:0 I had 18 balloons and 4 hits. I think. Whatever the case, when I got 0:0:0 I got like 5 more balloons that I usually had gotten.

Lord Xehanort
06-18-2004, 11:04 PM
It isn't easy to do at all, but it can be done. Have your chocobo run in wide, zig-zag patterns when birds are coming.

Big D
06-19-2004, 05:16 AM
Also, hold down R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 during the race; your chocobo will be easier to control, much less erratic in its movements.

I gave up on trying to get 0.0.0 very quickly. I don't have that kind of patience with horrendously repetitive and difficult optional tasks.

Bomber
06-19-2004, 06:47 AM
Yeah, the Chocobo Racing is probably one of themost annoying mini-games in FFX, but it's well worth it in the long run. A perfect time gets you the Sun Sigil. You just need to have patience and perseverence (both of which fade away quickly for me!)

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-19-2004, 09:20 AM
I did it in about... oh three hours overall. I got lucky. Luck is a major part of it.

CloudySky
06-20-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm again repeating myself: "People, you are funny!" Where is the PROOF!
What are you talking about here? I don't need anything else but PROOF. You are giving me just words I've heard thousands times, lol.

SeedRankLou! What are you talking about?!!!??? What 18 baloons. I've spent 40 hours on that stupid minigame and never saw more than 15 (and going for 2 of them always means birdies!) reachable baloons! What version do you have?

Ouch!
06-20-2004, 01:19 AM
The only problem is, we can't prove it to you, unless you'd like to come to our homes and check our game files.

Honestly, it was a bitch, but I got it in a couple of hours. Like everyone says, you need luck.

CloudySky
06-20-2004, 01:25 AM
The only problem is, we can't prove it to you, unless you'd like to come to our homes and check our game files.

Honestly, it was a bitch, but I got it in a couple of hours. Like everyone says, you need luck.

Please, read first one post!

ChaosCalibur
06-20-2004, 01:48 AM
I barely done it today (After about 45 minutes of cursing at the screen and throwing the controller at the PS2)... I hate this thing, it moves to the right when i'm pressing left, plus when the camera changed so do the controlls! And the stupid birds keep hiting me twice in a row, i couldn't even move! It's a good thing i beat it though, 18 baloons, 2 hits and all done in 37 seconds, yay! (Now that i think about it, calabolg isn't all that great...) it's a good thing that i don't have to do this EVER again!

Zifnab
06-20-2004, 11:19 AM
The best advice I've heard is that two birds will aim for the trainer, then the next will aim for you. I think it might be different depending who goes around the corner first, but it proved invaluable.
Chocobo Racing was the most difficult of the Sigil challenges for me, as well. On my latest save it took me a couple of hours. After I got the 0 seconds I did the race again to get that woman away from the Celestial Weapon opening, and got 0 seconds again. Now that's frustrating.

CloudySky
06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
People, don't you ever read the posts? I don't need advices, I've finished FFX long time ago. Read first post and you'll know what I really need!
It's the PROOF!!!!

Big D
06-21-2004, 08:27 PM
What kind of "proof" do you require?
I don't see what'll work unless someone takes a photo of their TV screen at the right moment. All of the reputable strategy guides agree with what's been said in this thread; and besides, game rumours/lies aren't tolerated at this forum. Someone would've posted a counter-argument if everyone's been lying this whole time.

CloudySky
06-21-2004, 08:34 PM
What kind of "proof" do you require?
I don't see what'll work unless someone takes a photo of their TV screen at the right moment. All of the reputable strategy guides agree with what's been said in this thread; and besides, game rumours/lies aren't tolerated at this forum. Someone would've posted a counter-argument if everyone's been lying this whole time.

As I thought, nobody reads the posts here, weird!

Evil_Cloud
06-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Dude, i dont know what ur problem is, they are all trying to be nice and helpful to you by giving you advice that made their experience less frustrating, in hopes of making YOUR experience less frustrating. The least you can do is be polite about it instead of shoutin at them.

You also must have a hard time grasping the concept of the whole proof thing. You want proof that you cant get. We cant take a screenshot on our PS2's, and i dont think anyone wants to take a picture of their television and send it to you, and i dont see why they would, since ur doing nothing but ignoring their advice and demanding "the proof" from them.

I honestly did not have trouble with this Minigame at all, I've replayed this game about 6 times now, and I've never spent more than 30 minutes on that mini-game. I dont kno what it is, maybe i've just gotten luckier than you guys, or maybe i'm just a Final Fantasy God, lol.

SeeDRankLou
06-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Ok, so I don't have a digital camera. And a lot of the people on this thread are teenagers and can't afford a digital camera. And I have no other way of capturing picture from my tv. So sorry. But why are you being so.....harsh about what we are saying. There is no mass conspiracy that we at eyeonff.com have against people who ask about hard things in games in an attempt to drive them crazy and send them to a mental institution. I got something like 18 balloons and 4 hits when I got 0:0:0 on the race, and that's the only proof I can give you. I have the powered up Caldabog, and whether you believe me or not doesn't change the fact that I still have it. I was just trying to let you know that it is possible and that you need a certain degree of luck to get 0:0:0 on this race. And that's all I can offer, and that's all that most people are going to be able to offer. Sorry if it's not enough.

Big D
06-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Yes, I found it interesting that someone would post a thread calling everyone else a liar, then demanding that those same people spend hours, possibly days winning the race with a time of 0.0.0 all over again, then also take a photo of the screen, then upload the picture to their website, then post a link to it here...
all so they can lose the "liar" label.

That's asking quite a lot, in my humble yet honest opinion.

CloudySky
06-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Lol, lol, it's true, but this doesn't change a fact I don't believe it's possible. But at least I got somebody to read the posts. That's an achievement, I have to say! That's prob better then the Proof itself, lol.

steveo
06-24-2004, 01:43 PM
ok so lets say that someone gives you some proof, what then, that doesnt mean that you will suddenly have the skill and luck to complete the race in 0 secs

Alain
06-24-2004, 04:51 PM
http://www.hot.ee/alain26/buu.avi

Its pure luck belive me :)

CloudySky
06-24-2004, 08:18 PM
ok so lets say that someone gives you some proof, what then, that doesnt mean that you will suddenly have the skill and luck to complete the race in 0 secs

No, of course not, the proof only supposed to show that it is possible to make without cheating and I'm not wasting my mental health in vain.

Alain, thanks for your proof!

Lord Xehanort
06-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Y'know, you probably could've just searched for a pic of a profile of a fully-powered Caladbolg. That would prove that the race is possible, because it can't be done w/o the Crest and the Sigil.

Del Murder
06-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Another mystery solved!