PDA

View Full Version : Transformers - calling all fans

Snowman
06-18-2004, 11:15 PM
this isnt in the tv threads because TF extends across all mediums and even encourages religions and spiritualitys.

Thus i was wondering who and where all teh Trans fans here were hiding, weather you like Beastwars, G1, Beastmachines etc, even if your ashemed that you like armada (you should be lol).

transform, and roll in :love:

Kirobaito
06-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I love Transformers. :)

I especially love Beast Wars, as you can see from my sig. But I love all kinds of Transformers. My all-time favorite character is without a doubt Rhinox (BW), because he was so smart and powerful at the same time. My favorite G1 character was Smokescreen, though he didn't get a lot of stage time.

Rye
06-18-2004, 11:26 PM
I used to *LOVE* Transformers. It was at the time when they had Beast Wars. After that, it became robots that turn into motorcycles, which was lame. 1,000 bad transformer series later, and they decided to add annoying kids to it, the biggest mistake ever. They should've stuck with Beast Wars. My favourite was the Cheetah.

Kirobaito
06-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Cheetor. :)

And your new sig and av are scaring me to death, Rye.

SomethingBig
06-18-2004, 11:29 PM
WOOT, I have the Transformers movie and it's darn good. My brothers and I loved the original Transformers, not this new Transformers from Japan. Though, Beast Wars was amazing. I cried when Dinobot died for the cavemen. :cry: He and Ratrap made an incredible duo. Oh! I still remember that episode where Ratrap was playing Doom on the ship. :lol:

What religions were influenced by Transformers?

Phil
06-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Rat Trap was a butt-kicker as well as the velocel raptor. I was around when beast wars first got started. I stilll have all the toys, even the polar bear that shoots a bat out of his paw.

Kirobaito
06-18-2004, 11:31 PM
I still covet toys. I purchased a mint-condition original Rhinox and Optimal Optimus not a month ago.

Rye
06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Cheetor. :)

And your new sig and av are scaring me to death, Rye.

Oh yeah, that was his name. He and the T-Rex ruled. And I'm sorry about that xD. I thought it looked better than the badly made Chester one, even though chester = <3.

SomethingBig
06-18-2004, 11:37 PM
I have Optimal Optimus, the first Cheetor, the Transmetal 2 Cheetor, the original Rhinox, another Optimus Primal toy(the bat), Transmetal 2 Megatron, crocadile Megatron, Tigerhawk, Transmetal Airazor, Prowl, and Stinkbomb. I also cried when Airrazor and Tigertron died. *Bawls*

Kirobaito
06-18-2004, 11:47 PM
I have the following:

Optimus Optimus
Optimus Primal (Transmetal)
Optimus Primal (Original)
Megatron (T2 Dragon)
Megatron (Transmetal)
Cheetor (T2)
Cheetor (Transmetal)
Rhinox (Transmetal)
Rhinox (Original)
Rattrap (Original)
Dinobot (Transmetal 2)
Depthcharge
Tigerhawk
Airazor (Transmetal)
Tarantulas (Transmetal)
Waspinator (Transmetal)
Waspinator (Original)
Rampage
Terrorsaur (Transmetal)
Scorponok (Original)
Optimus Minor (T2)
Scarem (T2)
Sonar (T2)
Ramulus (T2)

I would list my G1s, but I don't care for them that much.

escobert
06-19-2004, 12:30 AM
I liked the originals but when beatwars came out I kinda gave up watching. Jazz clifjump and ironhide were the best.

Rinoabella
06-19-2004, 04:37 AM
The original Transformers cartoon owned. My brother has a whole collection of G1 transformer toys (the ones made of metal), he didn't even realise how valuable they were until he sold Fortress Maximus for $12, when it's selling for like $300+ on ebay :X

I never liked Beast Wars, or any other reincarnation of the original series. The intro theme of the second season cracks me up.

HanaKirei
06-19-2004, 04:53 AM
I vaguely remember being a fan of the old Transformers series, but that was back when I was quite young and still had access to it. Now I barely remember any of it. But when Beast Wars started airing, I fell in love with it. Cheetor, Rattrap, Dinobott, Silverbolt, Megatron, Waspinator - I adored most of the cast. Though the ending left me with some mixed feelings, especially since Tigerhawk (I believe that was his name; it's been awhile since I've been able to find the tape with the last few episodes) died so quickly after being introduced. Still loved it though.

Beast Machines, I hated. It felt to me like they were taking all the things I loved about the characters and stripping them away. Silverbolt wasn't noble anymore. Rattrap wasn't the wise-arse he used to be. Cheetor was just...ugh. The entire series just didn't have the same appeal to me as Beast Wars did. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't stay interested. Maybe I'd give it another try if it re-aired, but...

fire_of_avalon
06-19-2004, 04:55 AM
I never really watched it but I played with the toys. Here (http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/MeganTheFeisty/The%20first%20random%20unorganized%20things/meandoptimus.jpg) is a picture of me with StarScream. I look scary, but that's ok.

Peegee
06-19-2004, 05:44 AM
I tried to watch the series. I reallly did. But it was too corny and silly for my maturity (yes my maturity). It may be a good show, but it's also some 5 seasons and um...what, 80-100 eps?

*cries at the thought of spending an entire day watching transformers*

Del Murder
06-19-2004, 05:57 AM
It still belongs in the Lounge, but at the very least people will see the redirect in GC so your effort wasn't for nothing.

Snowman
06-19-2004, 07:07 PM
this doesnt belong in the lounge because technically im talking about the fans, not so much teh show, also transformers is currently readable in novels and graphic novels, videogames, onloine forums, collectors materials etc

Hey Kiro, you do like them, i just got my BM brand spankin new Cheetor today :)

Rye.......TF was originally vehicles, G1 was the classic show with Optimus Prime, it was radical and controversial to create beastwars and Beastmachines in the first place....and Beastmachines was a divide, vehicons with no signs of organics vs the maximals who were almost entirely organic (technoganic). I agree Armada was naff, but it had some good points

Yo Somthing, i cried too for Dinobot, plus TF the movie is my fav film of all time. I was reffering to the god's religion of cybertron about Primus and Unicron, and in Beastmachines they became heavily spiritual, do learn to transform you had to look within, reach out to the matrix and come to peace. Primal became a guru and prophet.
the bat primal was called Optimus Minor

Even the creators of beastmachines point out that the powers that be PUNISHED THEM, Mainframe were told they would only get half teh time to create episodes and half the pay. The also wanted to create a darker show for a more mature audiance.....sure instead they created a program about running away, but there were also alot of good parts with teh bad. SilverBolt went from teh chivalrous knight to the revengeful samurai because Megatron had abused him, he had twisted Silverbolt inside out and turned him into a weapon of mass destruction. Ratrap didnt have an easy time either, primals warriors excelled in learning to transform, there wasnt any quick fix, only encountering your own spirituality would allow you to turn into a robot, so rattrap sold out to Megatron. The whole show as about morality and ethics.....Machine versus nature, weather Might was right or Might should be used for right. it wasnt simply a cartoon with a guest villian of the week.

If anyone wants a taste of TF, check out Transfandom, it's a big resource with a thriving community and a online monthly TF mag.

if anyone wants i can ansure most TF questions, but this isnt a place for TF hate

Del Murder
06-19-2004, 08:56 PM
this doesnt belong in the lounge because technically im talking about the fans, not so much teh show, also transformers is currently readable in novels and graphic novels, videogames, onloine forums, collectors materials etc
Yeah, but all of these are based on what was primarily a TV show. For example, we wouldn't put info on the FFVII movie sequel in this forum, because it's based on what is primarily a game. Lounge gets plenty of traffic so plenty of people will still see it.

Snowman
06-19-2004, 09:05 PM
actually the TV show in the 80's was only BECAUSE of a toyline. everyone else started talking about the shows....not me. are you offended by it's presance, if not why are you moaning about it? :D

Kirobaito
06-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Actually, you were the one moaning about it, not Del.

Anyway, off to eBay to see if I can finally land a good Transmetal Rattrap and an Inferno.

SpiritWolf
06-20-2004, 06:46 AM
I used to love beastwars! That show was one of my favorites of all time! Tigertron was my favorite.

Rainecloud
06-20-2004, 08:47 AM
I watched the ancient Transformers cartoon, but once I reached age 5, it seemed to disappear. Perhaps the 'toon stopped showing on Children's ITV, or perhaps I didn't turn the television on very much after I received my NES.

After all, who wants to watch Transformers when you can shoot 8-bit ducks with a lazer rifle of some variety?

Snowman
06-20-2004, 07:00 PM
id rather watch a ground breaking giant robot serise who's morality was to protect life rather than shooting ducks thanxx :D

not that i want to be the flint to spark off a flame here, but dell was the one to decide in his own wisdom that i had put it in the wrong place and challenge that fact...and then keep pushing it, since i started the thread i felt it was in my interest to defend my own reasoning with points...if you call that moaning Kiro :(

escobert
06-20-2004, 09:25 PM
id rather watch a ground breaking giant robot serise who's morality was to protect life rather than shooting ducks thanxx :D

Transfromers weren't ground breaking. Gundam started the entire giant robot thing in 1979.

Kirobaito
06-20-2004, 10:05 PM
I just bought an Inferno from eBay for $18.99. I'm happy now. :)

Snowman
06-21-2004, 01:36 PM
which inferno? no beastmachines or beastwars toys were released over here in the UK so im steadily picking up my stuff slowly on ebay, it's a godsend lol.

i never said TF was groundbreaking for starting giant robots off, the same way evangelion is groundbreaking for giving giant robots a deep plot thats never ending when you start reading angelic scripts and maps of the human mind, transformers was groundbreaking for our western culture. although it stems from a small serise of toys with a differnt name in japan, it's actually a western invention, neat considering we didnt embrace giant robots, but also theres few, or at least back then, few Giant Robot serise were WE are the aliens and the show is from their point of veiw, living, eating, reproducing mech-aliens from a techno planet with their own religions, martial arts, hiostory etc. theres much more to them than transforming into a cool car or pencil sharpener.

Does anyone collect dreamwaves topclass comics on the transformers.

Loony BoB
06-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Transformers is in my mind the greatest cartoon to ever exist on the small screen (The Emporer's New Groove wins the big screen).

I had loads of transformers back in the day, the only one I still have is Swoop, because he was by far my favourite of the lot. It was a really nice one, too, not just cheapo plastic crap. If I could keep any one toy from my youth (outside soft toys I had from birth etc) it would be Swoop.

Snowman
06-21-2004, 02:12 PM
OOHH loony, ive wanted a swoop for YEARS (the only dinobot im missing). TF is my fav show possibly ever. sure i love farscape and others...but TF always comforts me, a classic battle between good and evil where the heroes were really as good as they said, Optimus Prime has always been a rolemodel, very arthurian.

i want swoop :love:

Kirobaito
06-21-2004, 03:26 PM
The original Deluxe Inferno, he's pretty big. Enormous fire ant. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5904448214">This one, to be exact.</a>

I'm also thinking of purchasing the entire TF G1 series on DVD. It'd cost somewhere around 150-200 dollars, so I'm not too sure.

System Id
06-21-2004, 04:29 PM
I absolutely LOVE Beast Wars. I've got the first two seasons on DVD, and I'm really looking forward to getting Season 3. The show was just so well-written and had such great characters (Rhinox, Waspinator, Tarantulas, Dinobot, etc).

I never got any of the toys, though. They kind of scare me. Most of them look really crazy and nothing like the characters on the show.

Oh, and I was not a fan of Beast Machines at all, mainly because of how they ruined Rhinox's character for me. And all sorts of other things, of course.

Snowman
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
man i had the chance to get one of those infernos a while back....is he good.

if you can afford them....get them.

System...they didnt actually do anything new to Rinox. in season one of Beastwars Megs turns him predacon and primal knows that Rhinox as a pred would be too much for megs to handle (episode - Dark Designs)...infact Rhinox is so bad and plotting etc he almost wipes out the preds to rule them himself, that was the first time we saw the true depths of Rhinox. When megs used him in Beastmachines as a vehicon general all he did was create a shell program "tankor smash", this shell was broken leaveing Dark-Rhinox who again plotted to rule cybertron. it was tradgic but Both Primal and Rhinox, good freinds, saw the world differntly, which is why Primal could embrace the "balance" between the technological and the biological while Rhinox feared it, no surrpise when he was a mechanical genius and primal was a leader. if anything Beastmachines payed Rhinox a great respect singling him out as a great character and icon, Rhinox finally bringin about teh destruction of cybertron and apologising to Primal. i wish they hadnt killed him....but we each must walk the path before us.

they didnt do anything knew to him

Kirobaito
06-22-2004, 05:27 AM
System Id was only talking about how they changed him in Beast Machines. You're correct, he stayed the same awesome character throughout Beast Wars. However, they ruined his character by turning him evil and not making him a Maximal like he should be. I would have loved to see Rhinox in the show, as himself, as opposed to a psychotic evil tank bent on destroying both sides.

Snowman
06-22-2004, 12:59 PM
i understand what he was saying Kiro but actually System was technically wrong....Rhinox was already evil like that IN BEASTWARS (DarkDesigns seson one beastwars). Megatron had witnessed how villianous Rhinox could be, so he was ideal as a Vehicon general. the only problem was HOW bad Rhinox actually was. the most peaceful people allways hold the darkest power, and this was the case of Rhinox....in both Beastwars and Beastmachines. Rhinox also served as Primals best pal, which made his batrayle in choosing the technological rather than the technoganic so much harder to take....if anything beastmachines stayed TRUE to Rhinox by understanding who and what he truly was inside

Kirobaito
06-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, I doubt Episode 13 "Dark Designs" really made that much of a difference to Megsy. I think that Silverbolt and Rhinox were the ones that he caught.

System Id
06-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I admit that the change to Rhinox in Beast Machines was an interesting twist, but it just left a stale taste in my mouth. I think it would've been better if Tankor had turned out to be Tarantulas (had he not died in BW). He seemed to fit the "psychotic and sometimes goofy tank bent on destroying both sides" role a lot better than Rhinox. I also think I would've been fine with the whole story arc if Rhinox/Tankor (Rhankor?) had not died so suddenly. He could've pulled a Silverbolt and gone over to the Maximals again and slowly redeemed himself.

To make a wacky comparison, I find that Beast Wars Rhinox is kind of similar to Loial from the Wheel of Time books. Just try to imagine Loial turning evil and trying to destroy everyone. It's just really...weird.

Snowman
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
in darkdesings Megs is still arrogant, hopeing to twist and control Rhinoxs genius...instead it turned on him...he even admitted he had learned something "Yesss, sometimes predacons gloat too much". this was a classic episode that delved into the deeper realitys of our personality, who better than rhinox.
The only reason he chose them - silverbolt and rhinox was because it would tear primal up, and again, his own arrogance which has always been his undoing....poor waspinator

I agree they shouldnt have killed Rhinox or tankorr, but then EVERYONE died at the end didnt they, primal died in Beastwars and Rhinox brought him back from the dead, those two were always intwined. Tarantulas wouldnt have been anywhere near as pivital as Rhinox..besides, he lost everything when we discoverd he worked for the predacon secret polive and possibly unicron himself. Tankorr was a reflection of rhinox....power without intellect, rhinox is both power and intellect, and thats why he could make the phillosophical choice to side with megs rather than Primal. thats what Beastmachines was all about, points of veiw and how they differ. should we force others to agree, should we sacrifice, or compormise, and what if no one will compormise.

Silverbolt was aweful when he came back, he should have been a doggy bot....but mostly beastmachines was too short and underdeveloped, i think it could be alot better if worked by dreamwave (or me lol) ill have to design a BM Rhinox, check out my cheetor and black arachnia on the art threads

what about armada...it's so naff

Kirobaito
06-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I've never gotten into anything past Beast Machines, and I've already designed a BM Rhinox ^_^

Snowman
06-24-2004, 08:44 AM
i watched an episode or a couple of armada and i was shocked that it wasnt a transformers show....it was about three kids who make pals with transformers and then continually make prime and the others look useless cmpared to us....it was a bad idea, hopefully Energon has rectified that. then theres transformers Universe, set after beastmachines (armada and energon are seperate relties), Primal has been ressurected to fight the NEW oncoming of unicron

Storm
06-26-2004, 08:32 AM
I do enjoy the Transformers quite a bit. In fact, the name of my soccer team is the "Decepticons".

Here's proof:
http://www.edsa.org/indoor/Standings/2003-2004%20Standings/6AM.html

http://www.edsa.org/outdoor/standings/2003%20Standings/7AM.html

Snowman
06-26-2004, 01:13 PM
i just dont understand why people would support the cons.....the decepticons would stand on us rather than look at us. perhaps people like to think they would be tough if they were a con?

Cuchullain
06-26-2004, 02:59 PM
The ORIGINAL Transformers were good. There were only going to be three episodes (if you watch the second, it says "Next time, on the last episode of...the Transformers"). Not keen on much after the movie; I never did like Rodimus Prime or Galvatron.

Palindrome
06-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I don't think anyone here is a bigger transformers fan than me. (hence the avatar) I have toys from G1 clear through beast wars. I even kept everyones stat cards and the little red tinted plastic thingies to read them. I just couldn't stand Beast Mechines and the japanamation version was a monstrosaty. I wanna punch the guy who said "lets make optimus prime a fire truck". :mad2: Even now that angers me. Oh by the way, constructacons are the best faction. Some days when i am bored i like to take out all of my old toys, transform them then pack them away again.

funny comic (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-06-21&res=l)

I also have (in my opinion) a much better sequal to beast wars than beast mechines. The story goes as follows: Everyone who servived the ordeal on earth return to cybertron and megatron is awating trial and will most certainly be senteced to termination. Now here is where the twist comes in so bare with me. If i remember correctly, megatron took the original megatrons spark into his own body to gain his advanced form as the dragon, but he is never shown putting it back. So he still has the original megatrons spark with his own. Killing him would have detramental effects on the time/space continuum. This also alows the reintroduction of the creepy aliens that created earth. So optimus primal is charged with retreiveing the original megatron's spark. To make matters worse the deceptacons decide that with the pressence of their exalted leader that now is the time to start their revolution yet again.

Kirobaito
06-27-2004, 03:47 AM
Well, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio (the story editors) said that due to time constraints, they skipped the spark-extraction scene, but they said that it did occur.

<b>EDIT: And why you may love G1 more than I do, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, loves BW more than I do. Seriously. I have about 100 different BW sigs. Including this one.</b>

Snowman
06-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Rodimus prime was great in the movie.....but he became to much of a token worryer in the serise after. people would have accepted him if he made his own path rather than worried about the boots left behind from optimus.

Pal, i dont know if thats being a true fan or being a true TF geek lol.

i was around in the begingin and i stuck with it were my family could afford too, when i was in hospital dieing (in my youth) i was lucky enough for those who knew me to all put cash in togeather and i got the original G1 optimus prime. ive still got all my figs today and they are filling up my bedroom etc lol.

beastwars never made much of an appearance over here so i never knew about it untill 2001 when channel five showed teh serise from begining to end. i was fortunate to get Beastmachines on dvd....it's got alot of faults but it is also one of the bravest TF shows ever.

"CONRTUVTICONS INFERIOR, SOUNDWAVE SUPIRIOR"

G1 megs spark was "off screen" replaced into it's body after twisitng BW megs mind. this had made BW megs hate anything organic...ironic as we would discover cybertron began life with organics.

the Vok were only presumed destroyed since we only ever saw two of them....their could have been more and indeed they were resurected in the botcon comic strip.

decepticons dont exist anymore, neither do autobots, except perhaps in the council of elders, even Iacon is buried beneath teh surface.....so how the cons would resurface is a bit tricky. however the Tripredicus council were already planning to take over cybertron since they were neither autobot,maximal, decepticon or predacon....they were something else - as pointed out by Tarantulas who stated the destruction of teh ark would have no bearing on HIS history or race.

BW Megs thawted this plan when he fell through time and over powerd cybertron.

question is, did he do that, BEFORE depthcharge left the future to join the bestwars. if he did then depthcharge may still live.

nobody has to be down on beastmachines...hasbro panicked and created Universe to replace the cars and trucks of peoples love.

im a devoted TF fan.....as you will notice by me defending BM despite it's horrors.....i just dont bother showing that love in sigs and avvies etc....theres to much to choose from.

i carnt remeber...does anyone here collect dreamwaves top quality TF comics

Kirobaito
06-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Well, Cybertron doesn't have an organic origin. That's the point that many people were making about BM. It was created as a mining colony. BoB Skir didn't know exactly what he was doing when he chose for it to take that path. He didn't know that it was impossible for Cybertron to have an organic core.

Snowman
06-28-2004, 07:16 PM
im afraid Cybertron DOES have an organic origin since BM was a full fledged authorised transformers serise, and it seems to make sense considering cybertron is actually Primus himself. thats like the argument that Powermaster prime doesnt exist, he's simply a remake of convoy...when actually due to Marvel UK giving him an origin in their official TF comic continuity..he is a character in his own right.

many people argue the Myth of the Primes, do we take the show as cannon, where optimus is actually three differnt parts and prime is simply part of his name...or due to the invention of the matrix, rodimus prime and Marvel comics (furrman) we understand that optimus is part of a long line of Primes - sentinal prime, prima etc.

the only way to keep everyone happy is the (impossible) alternate reality theory. EVERY differnt serise, comic line, toy line etc is it's own unique TF timeline and universe. so Armada is a differnt reality to G1 the cartoon, Dreamwaves G1 is a differnt reality to the G1 catoon. there for, as Beastwars and Beastmachines are concerned, the possible future of G1 will reveal that Cybertron, since it's alive with atmosphere etc, has an organic core bloodline. According to dreamwave cybertron attended budding galaxies and nutured them...just as unicron destroyed them.

we carnt take anything for granted because so many people and races have interfered with cybertron and it's numerous inhabitants.....so everything is possible

escobert
06-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah well the movie was evil.

Snowman
06-29-2004, 04:13 PM
i thought the movie was the best thing TF ever did, not to mention one of my all time fav films

escobert
06-29-2004, 09:46 PM
They killed most oh the good characters.

Snowman
06-29-2004, 10:41 PM
very few are actually seen killed, prime, weeljack, prowl, painly a few G1's. sure it wasnt fair...but they wanted to bring in magnus and springer etc. plus they still live in dreamwave

escobert
06-29-2004, 11:06 PM
ironhide was killed Jazz almost prime, cliffjumper almost, A lot of decepticons. Starscreen.

Polaris
07-01-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm not actually a big fan, but when I wake up I saw and it's kinda interesting!

Snowman
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
ratchet, brawn thunder cracker, skywarp, the insecticons, presumably hound although i dont belive Sunstreaker and sideswipe were killed. optimus prime. i cried when they died...but unfortunatly this is war.

what serise did you see devinity
G1
Robots in disguise
Beastwars
beastmachines
Armada
Energon