PDA

View Full Version : How to apply sigil and crest to celestial weapon?

Neone
06-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Hi there. I've just started to gather the celestial weapons.
Can't get Tidus thou :( Fought ********* and forgot to obtain the chest, actually, I didn't know about it :p

Anyway, I've aquiered Rikkus Godhand, the crest and the sigil.
But how to h*ll do I apply to the weapon? I've been trying to apply them through the customise option in the menu, doesn't work.

Searched the forum, but couldn't find any answer, seems like everyone knows how to do except for me :P

The answer for those who doesn't know:

Got a Celestial Weapon? And both of its counterparts, the Crest and Sigil?
Well then make your way to Macalania Woods up the glowing celestial path and
where you found the boy that was looking for his father. Remember that sphere
crystal that changed your Cloudy Mirror to the Celestial Mirror, well, that
crystal like sphere is the key to combining the weapons powers. So go there
every time you have the Celestial Weapon and the Crest and Sigil that goes
with it. I suggest, once you get a Celestial Weapon and a Crest you go there
and combine them because it will exceed an aeon's break damage limit, meaning
they'll do more than 9,999 worth of damage (explained in section 3).

Bahamut2000X
06-19-2004, 04:37 AM
Well it's been a while since I played and got them. But in order to charge the weapons up you need the creats, sigil, and weapon (which you have) take them to the secret path of Macalania woods to this giant glowy sphere kind of thing, and talk to it. Also you need to have the celestrial mirrior to charge them, which you get at the hidden temple, at the Calm Lands, by winning the chocobo race.

Hope this helps.

Bomber
06-19-2004, 06:52 AM
You actually acquire the Cloudy Mirror at Remiem Temple. In order to change it to the Celestial Mirror, you need to go to Macalania Woods and help a family reunite with each other. Then you can use the crests and sigils to charge up the legendary weapons.

Good luck! ;)

Neone
06-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the help.
But I posted that I've solved the issue already ;)

But now there's info about the celestial/clouady mirror as well. Which will hopefully help other lost FF member here :D

Lord Xehanort
06-20-2004, 08:23 PM
After beating Yunalesca, you can go back to Zanarkand on the Airship to get the Crest.

Neone
06-21-2004, 12:38 AM
No you can't get the crest after beating her.
Because a Dark Bahamut will stand in your way.
And you'll need like, everything that's kicking ass in you inventory to beat him, and you might not even succeed with that...

The crest is located within the room where you fought Yunalesca, and to get there you need to walk thru a huge door. But when you open it, the Dark Bahamut stands in your way.

DocFrance
06-21-2004, 05:46 AM
And you'll need like, everything that's kicking ass in you inventory to beat him, and you might not even succeed with that...

The crest is located within the room where you fought Yunalesca, and to get there you need to walk thru a huge door. But when you open it, the Dark Bahamut stands in your way.
That's only for the PAL or International version. The dark aeons weren't in the Jap/US releases, I believe.

Neone
06-21-2004, 04:26 PM
That's not fair!!!

But that's probably because Square knows that Europeans are smarter. *lol* :P

Nah, just kidding ;)

§håd0w
06-21-2004, 05:51 PM
That's not fair!!!

But that's probably because Square knows that Europeans are smarter. *lol* :P

Nah, just kidding ;)

Actually... I'm gonna agree with you on that, despite the fact I live in America. ;)

But it because the PAL and Intl. versions were scehduled to be released around the same time, so instead of making another game, and porting an old game, they just made the PAL release the same as the Intl. But if you've leveled sufficiently, then some of the Dark Aeons aren't a problem. Then again thats coming from someone who has clocked in over 1000 hours combined between Intl. and stateside releases :p , so don't mind me when I say it can be easy.

Neone
06-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Hm, didn't get that to 100%. Did you just say that the Dark Aeons are easy?
They hit you with 99.999 and 999.999 hits everytime. It's almost impossible to beat them dude...

§håd0w
06-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Then again thats coming from someone who has clocked in over 1000 hours combined between Intl. and stateside releases :p , so don't mind me when I say it can be easy.

Umm, read... lol.

In otherwords... I've played so much, and raise everyones stats, that I was able to beat almost every Dark Aeon the first time around. So don't mind me when my ego comes into play.

Lord Xehanort
06-21-2004, 10:15 PM

And I'm proud to be an American, where I don't have Dark Aeons!

Neone
06-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Lol :)

Aiiight!!!

Well, I'll try to up my stats as much as I can.
But what to do when you've taken the whole spheregrid then?

DocFrance
06-21-2004, 11:34 PM
And I'm proud to be an American, where I don't have Dark Aeons!
Amen!

Well, I'll try to up my stats as much as I can.
But what to do when you've taken the whole spheregrid then?
Go back around the SG, use Clear Spheres (you can buy them from the Arena dude once you unlock Nemesis) to erase the +1, +2, and +3 nodes, and replace them with +4 nodes.

Neone
06-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Damn, does this game ever end?
You can level up and get so much stuff that this should entertain you forever.

I've beeen wandering around Calm Lands for about an hour now. Trying to catch the last missing monster - an Ogre.
I just made a hardware reset, let's see if that helps. hahaha

§håd0w
06-22-2004, 01:52 AM
Top left corner has an abundance of them. The monsters are weaker the closer you are to the Monster Arena, as they are stronger the further away you are.

Neone
06-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that as well :)
But the ogre was really hard to catch, but after the hardware reset I got him in the third match after reloading :D

Now I need the patience to catch the butterflies and to win a few blitzball games, then I'm done with all weapons.
Can't get Yunas and Tidus stuff. Forgot a few treasures at the temples, and now there are dark aeons in my way.

§håd0w
06-22-2004, 01:48 PM
That's gonna be tough, lol.

As for the Ogres, have Auron with Blurry Moon. It'll inflict darkness and as well a the normal damage because of Piercing. Darkness with save you a lot of HP. And then when he's low, switch over to a weapon with Catch, and BAM!!!.

Neone
06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
I already have all ogres, and I didn't need to care about anything. I was strong anought to take hits from them in 3-4 fights in a row before I healed up :) I'm currently having catcher weapons for Rikku, Auron, Wakka and Tidus :)

§håd0w
06-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Sweet, now all you have to do is beat Nemesis :D

Neone
06-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Aight. Where can I find this Nemesis? And what is it good for? Beating him up I mean :)

§håd0w
06-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Alright, here's what'cha do
Catch 10 of every fiend
Beat every created monster
The guy will offer you a chance to fight Nemesis
Beat him and get 'The Mark of Conquest'

The Mark of Conquest has no real special meaning, except that you've beaten the toughest fiend in the game. Plus he drops weapons and armor with Break HP Limit and Break Damage Limit. Which have 3-4 slots usually. You can use those to make weapons much better than the Celestial Weapons. Just a view pointers: make sure you can hit at 99,999 everytime, have agility higher than 170 for every character (200+ is ideal for me), Quick Hit is a necessity for everyone, and do not use overdrives, he counters them. Autohaste also helps if you have it
Start battle
Cast Hastega (if needed)
Use Quick Hit repeatidley
When the last turn comes up, have Yuna summon and Aeon
Aeon will die; resume using Quick Hit
Summon Aeon again, when Nemesis's turn comes up.
Repeat until he dies

He has 10,000,000 HP and for overkill you need to hit 99,999. You also get 10 Master Sphere for unlocking him :D

These are his stats (take from CB! at GameFAQs)

Nemesis (or "Omega Gold") -

Name: Nemesis (aka Omega Gold, aka Subete Wo Koeshimono)
HP: 10000000 (Overkill: 99999)
AP: 50000 (Overkill: 50000)
Steal: Level 4 Key Sphere x1 (common), Warp Sphere x1 (rare)
Cost: 25000 gil
Drop: Warp Sphere x1 (common) x2 (Overkill)
Dark Matter x1 (rare) x2 (Overkill)

Power: 255
Defense: 150
Magic: 255
Magic Defense: 150
Speed: 200
Evade %: 0
Absorbs: Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Holy

Good luck, you'll need it.

Neone
06-22-2004, 05:45 PM
O M F G ! ! !

I'll have to play thousands of hours to get all those stats :P At least a few hundred. haha

I'm trying to get Kimahris sigill this night, I gotta have it.
Then play some blitzball to gain Wakkas Worldchampion. After that I'm off to Omega Ruins to level up and kicks some Omega and what's-that-other-monters-name ass. Then I'm going to the Highbridge to continue this beautiful story :D

Off topic:
You know the save points in Besaid? I know how to get to 2 off them. One at the waterfalls, and another on top of the ruins. but I can't walk anywhere from that save point. I found them by taping X as a moron on the world map, hahaha. But there's a chest there as well, on top of the ruins. You might know how to get there as well? :)

§håd0w
06-22-2004, 07:53 PM
The other monster is Ultima Weapon. As for Kimahri's sigil, that takes patience. But it shouldn't take that long to get you agility up to about 200.

And as for the save points, you can't go anywhere from there. You have to reboard the airship, and then select another destination.

Neone
06-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Okey. I'll see if I can find any FAQ that describes how I can get to the other savepoint :)

ChaosCalibur
06-22-2004, 10:44 PM
You could beat Ultima Weapon right now... My highest stat is 50 (STR,i don't like geting sphere levels...) and i still beat it :P Yes, it's sad... And somewhat insulting, but i think it grows along with you?... I did get some nice items from it, and stole 10 doors to tomorow, yay!

SeeDRankLou
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM
But it because the PAL and Intl. versions were scehduled to be released around the same time, so instead of making another game, and porting an old game, they just made the PAL release the same as the Intl.

If that were the case then Europeans would have gotten FFX-2:International+Last Mission and KH:Final Mix. When Japanese games are translated and reformatted for the US, it usually takes about six months. Then, it usually takes about a month and a half to be translated to PAL versions, depending on the language. But with FFX, there were some things going on with the European division of Squaresoft and the PAL version was delayed for six months. So, in condolence, they got the international version. PAL Kingdom Hearts was released two months after the US version, and a month before Final Mix. PAL FFX-2 was released three months after the US version, and two days before International+Last Mission. So things are kind of back to normal with that.

So Neone, there are a few tricks in this game that allow you to get a MASSIVE amount of AP all at once, and another to let you get a large number of stat spheres all at once as well. It takes a little time to prepare, but once you have it you can level up everyone all across the sphere grid in about two hours maybe.

Neone
06-23-2004, 01:12 PM
So Neone, there are a few tricks in this game that allow you to get a MASSIVE amount of AP all at once, and another to let you get a large number of stat spheres all at once as well. It takes a little time to prepare, but once you have it you can level up everyone all across the sphere grid in about two hours maybe.

YAY! :D I have to check that stuff out :D

But where the heck do you get all this information? :P

§håd0w
06-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Those tricks got capped in the American version, dunno if they're in the PAL though. But just customize a weapon to have
Double Overdrive
Triple Overdrive
Overdrive -> AP
Triple AP
And then go fight in the Omega Ruins, and you'll easily gain around 9 levels each battle.

Neone
06-23-2004, 02:50 PM
I have to find a weapon with 4 free slots for customizing as well.
THAT's going to be hard I guess. I have only been able to find tetra weapons and armor. HP 10% and MP 10% (plus), then there are 3 free slots.

§håd0w
06-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Go back to Macalania, Wantz is in the front of the forest, where you come from the Thunder Plains. He sells Tetra weapons and armor with no abilities. But it's for 100,000 though.

Neone
06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
That's no problem. I'm wandering around with 800.000 gils in my pocket...

SeeDRankLou
06-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Those tricks got capped in the American version, dunno if they're in the PAL though. But just customize a weapon to have
Double Overdrive
Triple Overdrive
Overdrive -> AP
Triple AP
And then go fight in the Omega Ruins, and you'll easily gain around 9 levels each battle.

They got capped, but they still give you A LOT of AP if used properly. And, I don't belive Double Overdrive and Tripe Overdrive are cummulative, I think Triple trumps Double. Same with Double and Triple AP. In fact I don't even think the game will let you put both of those on the same weapon. Anyway, here is the trick:

Have three characters with weapons that have Triple Overdrive, Triple AP and Overdrive->AP abilities. Pick the character that has killed the most fiends in the game and give him/her Stoic overdrive mode. Have the other two with Comrade overdrive mode. Having one of the other two "Comrades" with Auto-Pheonix on armor doesn't hurt either.

Triple AP requires 50 Wings to Discovery per customize. Or (and believe me this way is easier), you can win weapons with Triple AP and two empty slots from the Species Creation One-Eye. One-Eye isn't that difficult, just make sure someone with a First Strike weapon is in your party, switch to Yuna, let an aeon take the first blow, and then kill it quickly, Wakka overdrive works well here. You will want to use Wings to Discovery for Break HP Limit anyway, don't waste them on Triple AP.

Triple Overdrive requries 30 Winning Formulas per customize. You can get 99 Winning Formulas by unlocking the Original Creation Neslug. But to make a weapon for everyone, you will eventually run out. So, you can either get two per overkill from Ultima Buster, or (and more easy) bribe a Sand Worm with 900,000 gil for 15 Winning Formulas. 7.2mil gil isn't that difficult to get (kill a Mimic with someone having Gillionaire for 100,000 gil, and you get rather high value weapon from monster arena creations).

Overdrive->AP requires 10 Door to Tomorrows per customize. You can get 99 Door to Tomorrows by unlocking the Original Creation Catastrophe. That will be more than enough for all characters.

Now, fight Don Tonberry (Area Creation for the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth). When it is far away, it won't attack just walk, but it will counterattack with an uberpowerful Karma. The "Stoic" character is going to be your attacker. So when the battle starts, have that character attack Don Tonberry, and it will counterattack. The Stoic will get hit hard because he/she has killed so many fiends, a 99999 hit is optimal. Now, either someone will Auto-Pheonix or have one of the other two bring the Stoic back to life. Now repeat. You can continue to do this until Don Tonberry has walked four times. After that, either run away or kill it.

When all is said and done, the Stoic will get about 80 skill levels and the two Comrades will get about 50. You can repeat this fight to your heart's content, switching out characters however you please, as long as the Stoic gets hit hard.

Doing this, you will run out of stat spheres rather quickly. So, here's what you can do. Fight Kottos (Area Creation for Mi'ihen Road). Use one of the four distillers on it. Then kill it, preferable an overkill. If you overkill it, you will get 40 of whatever sphere the distiller you used gives you. If you don't get the spheres and instead get Healing Springs, you just got unlucky, it doesn't happen very often. Or you might get Dark Matter, which isn't all that bad.

§håd0w
06-23-2004, 10:34 PM
They got capped, but they still give you A LOT of AP if used properly.

What I listed got capped? Or the tricks got capped in the PAL version as well?

square_is_the_best
06-23-2004, 11:02 PM
No the abilities don't get capped. They get trumped. If you have double and triple overdrive, only triple overdrive will function. The other wastes space. The "easyier" ones got capped. The stoic comrade one didn't.

Here's the Airship search locations:
(X,Y)

SeeDRankLou
06-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Those tricks got capped in the American version

What I listed got capped? Or the tricks got capped in the PAL version as well?

You misinterpret what I mean by cap (and I probably used it incorrectly as well). From the Japanese to US version, the...percentage I guess....of overdrive aquired from certain overdrives was reduced (yeah, not capped, reduced). Comrade was one of them. Also, the Overdrive->AP ratio was lessened on the AP side. But with all that, the trick still works very effectively.

Neone
06-24-2004, 01:56 AM
This has to be T H E best Final Fantasy forum on the internet.
100 pages here is probably 3 official books or something.
My friend Angela has the official walkthru. Asked her if she could check the treasure chest in the Omega Ruins for me. Just said that there's a treasure chest, nothing more. After I read a few forums threads and walkthru's, I was able to get most of the treasures, tha official guides suck. They are just beautiful to watch and read, hardly helpful compared to this forum.

SeedRankLou
I have to check that Tonberry AP trick out! Sounds reeeaaally nice! :D
Just did the "pass-the-ball-as-many-times-as-you-can" blitzball EXP trick this night. Worked well :) Now I can actually win a few games :D

Btw, how the heck do you know all this? Played the game over and over for a COUPLE of times? ;)
Or are you just an information snapper? ;)

square_is_the_best
Thanks for the cordinates!!! :D Haven't checked them yet, but I bet they're worth it :D

Now I'm going to search the forum for info how to sign up a blitzball player if I'm one man short. Haha. Dumbass me didn't renew contract with botta, he sucks anyway :P Thought I was going to be able to sign up a new player. Now I'm wandering around Luca searching for someone who wants to sign up! *lol*

Thanks for all help!

V E R Y appreciated! INDEED! :D

Neone
06-24-2004, 03:42 AM
square_is_the_best

None of the cordinates worked for me. Maybe I've found them all already? Where do they lead?

§håd0w
06-24-2004, 02:08 PM
You misinterpret what I mean by cap (and I probably used it incorrectly as well). From the Japanese to US version, the...percentage I guess....of overdrive aquired from certain overdrives was reduced (yeah, not capped, reduced). Comrade was one of them. Also, the Overdrive->AP ratio was lessened on the AP side. But with all that, the trick still works very effectively.

That's what I meant as well. I understood what you meant.

square_is_the_best
06-24-2004, 11:08 PM
square_is_the_best

None of the cordinates worked for me. Maybe I've found them all already? Where do they lead?

You sort of have to "beat around the bush." Keep hitting X while you stay in the ballpark of those coordinates. I think you have about half of them. If all else fails, try switching the coordinates.

§håd0w
06-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Here ya go. These might be a little more accurate, but then again, you've sorta have to mash X around these areas to find them

X | Y | Area Unlocked
-----------------------------
14 | 57 | Baaj Temple
15 | 42 | Sanubia Desert
30 | 74 | Besaid Falls
34 | 56 | Mi'ihen Ruins
39 | 57 | Battle Site
72 | 34 | Omega Ruins

Neone
06-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Aight, I've already found those places by taping X like a moron around the map. haha

But there has to be more places? How should I else be able to get to the other savepoint?

§håd0w
06-25-2004, 02:55 PM
There's only 3 places you can go in Besaid, one is the default from the Airship. The other two are on the Ruins and under the Waterfall.

But to answer you question, since I just realized the problem. Enter one of the following on the password option of the airship

GODHAND (Rikku’s Weapon)
VICTORIOUS (Rikku’s Armor)
MURASAME (Auron’s Weapon)

I know Godhand isn't what you're looking for, but it's one of the other ones.

Alain
06-25-2004, 04:11 PM
As for the AP trick,i use to fihgt with Cactuar King in Monster arena.
She uses 10000 and 99999 needles,having 2 party members with Auto-Phoenix its easy :)

§håd0w
06-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Auto-Life does wonders as well.