PDA

View Full Version : FF9 What characters could we change!

FFanatic Of FFantasy
06-19-2004, 03:03 AM
Final Fantasy 9 on the whole is good game through it's graphics and gameplay!
However what characters would you like to change and what would they be like?
PLEASE POST!
A guy with a big sword which is same size as him!
A teenager whose mad about lions!
An annoying monkey!
A gal in dodgey robes!
Whats next a woman dressed like a rabbit with a bow?
That's Final Fantasy For You!

Xander
06-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I would have liked to get rid of Amarant just because I found him annoying =P And I don't think he would be missed much. I would have liked a more warrior type character too maybe, in place of him or something.

And maybe Garnet could have had all the summons and Holy so it would be easier to choose between her and Eiko in the final battles. Although I guess it was a good thing that they had unique summons and abilities.

Cz
06-22-2004, 04:47 PM
I would have liked to get rid of Amarant just because I found him annoying =P And I don't think he would be missed much. I would have liked a more warrior type character too maybe, in place of him or something.

Boo. I liked Amarant, though I can understand that he's pretty useless unless you go out of your way to develop him.

I'd have liked to see a little more choise in the way your character gains abilities. It seems to me that the ability system was pretty linear in FFIX, and could have been improved.

Armisael
06-22-2004, 08:56 PM
i would like to change quina and put in his/her place someone like shadow's(ffvi)character.i believe all the others characters in the game are very good and they don't think the food all the time!

Evil_Cloud
06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
yea, i never liked Quina either. Although he/she had some pretty good Blue Magic. The whole Image of the character is what annoyed me, having a Knight, Thief, Black Mage..........and a Chef in a Pink outfit?? i think they could have had a better character to take care of the Blue Magic/Enemyskill department, IMO.

Del Murder
06-25-2004, 03:27 AM
I would change Steiner's look so he doesn't look so much like a dork.

-N-
06-25-2004, 03:37 AM
I would replace the entire game with FFVII. :D

Actually, I would replace all the characters except Vivi and *mumbles* Zidane. With, like, interesting characters.

*remembers why he doesn't post here* :D

starlet
06-26-2004, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't change armarant because you could change his name and could be called the Flaming _______..........oh the fun of it all! I called him squirts.....hahah....flaming squirts. sounds like a bad case of the *****.

anyways....id get rid of eiko....we dont need 6 year old sluts in this world.

and quina was pretty pointless too

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 09:06 PM
For me he was called the Flaming Spuuky. It was amusing.

-N-
06-28-2004, 01:23 AM
For me he was called the Flaming Spuuky. It was amusing.

That made visiting this subforum worthwhile. :D

Trumpet Thief
07-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Give Steiner the unchangable name "Captain Crunch".

Also get rid of Quina, and make Vivi the main character. Oh oh oh oh oh! Also have Zidane's tail get chopped off by Beatrix!

DJZen
07-11-2004, 06:48 AM
I'm not a big fan of Quina, but s/he makes a nice blue mage, so I might be tempted to change his/her personality, but not his/her abilities. I'd also give more time to control Beatrix, and I'd make Baku playable :D

Az Lionheart
07-11-2004, 11:11 AM
all i would do is replace quina with bertrix(sp) and make the rest of the cast grow up a bit cos they look about ten years old, oh yer, and off with the tail!

auron_790
07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Az Lionheart is right! I would replace Quina with Beatrix shes so much stronger and her moves are better! In fact i'd make her the hero of the story instead of Zidane :D

Lord Chainsaw
07-12-2004, 09:54 PM
I thought Quina was perfect.

That would be the only character besides Kuja who I wouldn't change.

Triple T
07-17-2004, 09:31 PM
I actually liked the characters, but if I could change one thing... it'd be that we can see Amarant's face! >_< I just hated seeing a hige wite chin... >_>

Heath
07-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Freya. This time she wouldn't be neglected for the final two discs. <3

Takara
07-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Freya. This time she wouldn't be neglected for the final two discs. <3

Agreed. After Cleyra, she gets no character development at all. Poor Freya.

Snappie88
07-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, and after the Tree (forgot name) you don't see Sir Mickey Mouse either :S hoped he would return again, with Puck ofcourse :P

And for character development, I find it hard to believe en six year old can participate in battle :S Quina was o.k. S/he had some nice one-liners :P

Heath
07-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Yeah, and after the Tree (forgot name) you don't see Sir Mickey Mouse either :S hoped he would return again, with Puck ofcourse :P

And for character development, I find it hard to believe en six year old can participate in battle :S Quina was o.k. S/he had some nice one-liners :P

Sir Fratley didn't turn up again after Cleyra, though he does appear in Freya's ending.

Ryth
07-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I would change the character models of Kuja and maybe Zidane and the other Genomes they all look pretty girly.

K-chan
07-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I would change the character models of Kuja and maybe Zidane and the other Genomes they all look pretty girly.

*shrugs* I didn't mind that. I'd make Eiko less bratty cos she was the mst annoying character in the game. (sorry eiko fans)

Kuja
07-20-2004, 07:06 PM
i think i'd change quina and eiko....

quina has some good blue magic.. but who could ever like a character with a face like that.. :s

eiko is just a brat... she thinks she so pretty and all.. , and that just annoys me.....

Polyonymous
07-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I would change Quina for sure, all that he/she garbage why couldnt they even give a hint to what gender Quina is?

Christmas
08-05-2022, 05:55 AM
I think Quina needs to change. It needs more tongue. Like a few growing from the anus and a few from its hands. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
08-05-2022, 11:24 AM
swap amarant with lani