PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Weapons

Bomber
06-19-2004, 06:32 AM
So which ones have you fully activated?

I've got 'em all. But I gotta say, the Lightning Dodger and Butterfly Catcher games were the most tedious and annoying...

aeris2001x2
06-19-2004, 02:01 PM
i got them all to. yes the butterfly was hell, but i also hated the chocobo crap on the calm lands. its all worth it though, u couldnt beat penance any other way.

Ultima Shadow
06-19-2004, 02:43 PM
I only got all the weapons but only fully upgraded for Tidus, Auron, Yuna and Rikku.

wakka
06-19-2004, 10:54 PM
I have the people that i use the most: Tidus, Auron, Wakka.

Kirobaito
06-19-2004, 10:56 PM
I got everyone's weapon, but I never activated the Masamune for lack of his Sigil.

DocFrance
06-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Did you know that each of the Celestial Weapons corresponds to a day of the week? Well, each weapon has a corresponding crest and sigil that represent a celestial body. Each of these bodies were visible to the eyes of the Romans, who described the seven days of the week as belonging to each of those seven bodies. In English, a few of the names of the week correspond to Norse gods instead (Thursday is "Thor's day," Wednesday is "Odin's day," Friday is "Figga's day," and I'm not too sure about Tuesday). True enough, in the Japanese version, the crests and sigils are named after days of the week (Sunday Crest, Friday Sigil, etc...). Anyway, here's the proof:

Tidus - Sun - Sunday - dies Solis - "Sun's day"
Yuna - Moon - Monday - dies Lunae - "Moon's day"
Auron - Mars - Tuesday - dies Martis - "Mars's day"
Rikku - Mercury - Wednesday - dies Mercurii - "Mercury's day"
Khimari - Jupiter - Thursday - dies Iovis - "Jupiter's day"
Lulu - Venus - Friday - dies Veneris - "Venus's day"
Wakka - Saturn - Saturday - dies Saturni - "Saturn's day"

EDIT: Tuesday is "Tyr's day"

ChaosCalibur
06-20-2004, 01:53 AM
I just beat Yunilesca today, so i only have the Calabolg at the full apgrade, i have nirvana, godhand and masamune, but those need sigils... It's a real pain gathering all the monsters though, i have to use these crappy weapons, but since i can't do over 4000 damage, it doesn't matter anyways :\ And i don't even know where yunas sigil is :(

DocFrance
06-20-2004, 04:53 AM
To get Yuna's sigil, you need to obtain all the rest of the aeons (Yojimbo, Anima, Magus Sisters), and then defeat them when Belgemine summons them at Remiem Temple. You'll have the option of sending her, and doing this will award you with the Moon Sigil. The Nirvana is really the easiest weapon to fully upgrade.

Xander
06-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I only acquired and fully activated Rikku's and Auron's. Some of them were way too hard to get, the lightning dodging for Lulu's and Chocobo racing for Tidus' (Since I sucked at that xD). I made Excaliber for Tidus with Break Damage anyway though so wasn't too worried.

aeris2001x2
06-22-2004, 02:58 PM
i,m sorry Xander but u didnt. the real tidus celestial weapon would ignore defense and as long as your not in a critical state will always do 99999. your make shift one wont dent penance.

square_is_the_best
06-22-2004, 11:13 PM
I got all of the weapons but I'm missing the sigil for Wakka. Only thing that will keep me from perfecting this game.

The butterfly thing was probably the easiest next to Yuna's. Try not to look at the butterflies. All you have to do is memorize the "tiles." You don't even need to touch the butterflies. There's a great faq on it at gamefaqs. Sorry I don't remember what it was called.

Yuzuki130
06-23-2004, 05:46 PM
I have everything fully powered up, and for me, the most difficult one to power up was Wakka's. I played blitzball for maybe 1/3 the time of my total game time, but I never got the crest or sigil (not sure which) Other than that, I think that Kimarhi's was also pretty difficult because of that STUPID Butterfly Catching game. DAMN BUTTERFLY CATHING GAME!!![/

Xander
06-23-2004, 07:20 PM
i,m sorry Xander but u didnt. the real tidus celestial weapon would ignore defense and as long as your not in a critical state will always do 99999. your make shift one wont dent penance.

What do you mean I didn't?

I made Excalibur with Half MP cost, Triple Overdrive, Counter-Attack and Break Damage limit. The only difference is the lack of Evade & Counter and Magic Counter.

And besides, I never said I wanted to fight Penance, and Tidus does 99999 with his Overdrive as it is anyway and I haven't even been round the whole sphere grid yet. *shrug*

square_is_the_best
06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
What Aeris means is that tidus's ultimate weapon ignores the defense of the enemy along with all of the other celestial weapons. However, I don't know why aeris said that you didn't make it cuz its very possible to make excalibur.

aeris2001x2
06-24-2004, 11:09 PM
what i mean is non of the weapons u can make stand up to the celestial ones and in the end are not much longer 2 get then the time u spend creating your own.

Xander
06-25-2004, 05:56 PM
If you suck at chocobo racing as much as I do, then I think they would take longer to get. And my weapon rocked. Meh.

aeris2001x2
06-25-2004, 08:47 PM
lol i sucked at that too. hmm what is my ffX master save time...230+ hours i think. i guess i,m just sad lol.

Zifnab
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
I got them all. Wakka's was the worst, It was just so boring. Something like 6 hours of easy Blitzball. Tidus' was the hardest, but at least I was somewhat entertained while I was attempting it. Butterfly catching was fun for me, I don't get the fuss.