PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon vs. Final Fantasy You Make the Winner!

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
06-20-2004, 06:01 AM
If pokemon and final fantasy were to fight who would win? I wonder JK(ELABORATE)

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-20-2004, 07:34 AM
...this very line of speculation is degrading to Final Fantasy, however, I shall indulge you nonetheless.

Judging by the potency of the pokemon, i.e. just about everything they use is nonlethal, I'd rate that their fire, ice, lightning, whatever power to at best equal the lowest level basic attack spell. When you bring to mind the lethal nature of the weapons that the Final Fantasy characters use such as swords and knives, the advantage clearly goes to the Final Fantasy characters. When you add magic and summons, those little critters are gonna fry.

Casey
06-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Pokemon is about catching them all. and Final Fantasy is a series of games, same genre (rpg), different stories, different graphics, different battle engines, and what not. Final Fantasy is better, because Pokemon is just, well, boring.

Rainecloud
06-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Hm, I don't know. That Snorlax character is pretty tough.

Cz
06-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Final Fantasy's strongest heroes would quiver and shake before the might of Magikarp.

Omnislash? Taste my splash attack, pitiful wretch!

Maxico
06-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Im not going to dignify this thread with an answer.

Ultima Shadow
06-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Bwahahahaha. Those patetic pokemons wouldn't stand a chanse even against a bitebug!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vermachtnis
06-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Come on even Edward could take down Pokémon, except Mewtwo, he was boss in SSB:M what with that Kamehameha looking move thing.

Mr. Graves
06-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Im not going to dignify this thread with an answer.

Good Call. xD

muchacho
06-20-2004, 04:18 PM
well lets say that the weakest pokemon like charmander has fire, and it gos up so charmelieon has fira and charlizard has firaga.

....with that being said final fantasy would win.

Avalon_Beouvle07
06-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Let me see. Mewtwo could go up against Sephiroth, but I think Sephiroth would end up winning anyway.....and let's see...Ifrit would probably win against Charizard.....but what about Entei? That would be a good match....the only Final Fantasy hero that couldn't defeat a Pokemon would be Quina....and does she/he really count? Personally I think Final Fantasy kicks the ass out of Pokemon, character wise and game wise.

Czanthor! *smiles* Love your post. :love:

Del Murder
06-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Well there are only a handful of Final Fantasy characters, but as far as I know there are millions of pokemon, so you could just send waves and waves of them at Cloud & co until they eventually fall.

Dixie
06-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Pokemon will win!!!! :D :D

Kyogre, with its calm mind move, can get its stats up to 999, so it can KO everything! :D

No one likes Pokemon anymore. I'm the only one who likes them anymore. I feel lonely.....

Cloud_99
06-20-2004, 07:24 PM
FF obviously

a ton of crap little monsters against such rock hard legends such as Cloud, Squall,and Auron. All with Swords, and magic, and Summons. No contest FF would win everytime :moomba:

DJZen
06-20-2004, 08:30 PM
I want to say Pokemon just to annoy the FF fanboys, but I have to say, when it comes down to it, I think the FF characters would win. I mean, sure, MewTwo is pretty badass (I stopped playing after red/blue so I don't know any of these newfangled ones), but I honestly don't think he could stand up to a W-Summon Knights Of The Round with HP Absorb and Counter Mime. I mean, that's just a brutal setup right there. You could kill almost anything that breathes with that in 10 turns MAX. Even if stats were adjusted for balance, it's like "say hello to my little friend, ULTIMATE END!" and it's goodbye pokemon. even if it weren't powerful enough to take out the subject Pokemon, they'd be stuck in a stalemate AT BEST. For example, MewTwo gets hit, MewTwo heals, MewTwo gets hit, MewTwo heals, etc.

Black Mage
06-20-2004, 09:32 PM
FF obviously

a ton of crap little monsters against such rock hard legends such as Cloud, Squall,and Auron. All with Swords, and magic, and Summons. No contest FF would win everytime :moomba:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and X?

Psh, give me Garland, Golbez, Zande, and X-Death over those "legends" anyday.

Or just give me Tellah.

Either way, as much as it pains me to say it, FF would undoubtedly destroy Pokemon.

Ouch!
06-20-2004, 11:55 PM
The suggestion is rediculous. Final Fantasy would own the Pokemon.

Cz
06-21-2004, 09:33 AM
the only Final Fantasy hero that couldn't defeat a Pokemon would be Quina...

LV. 5 death would cream approximately 20% of the Pokemon. That's pretty decent. Frog Drop could also be pretty nasty.

Flattered to see you enjoyed my post, though. :)

Shlup
06-21-2004, 01:28 PM
When you play Final Fantasy you fight monsters scarier than Pokemon all through the dang thing.

Iceglow
06-21-2004, 03:19 PM
send your waves of pokemon at the FF characters but could you imagine the ownage of Laguna, Squall, Seifer, Sephiroth, Cloud, Barret, irvine, Rikku, Auron, Steiner, Freya, Cid (ff7), Yuna, kimahri, seeing as they all take on pretty much every continent in the worlds army and could win alone you think they'd have a problem? LMAO never FF would just own them all if you had Eiko and tifa or Vincent with a summon all materia equipped then they'd never fall due to Phonix

Rusty
06-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Final Fantasy.

cactuar_12
06-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Hmm.... Definitely Final Fantasy. Can anyone say Death Spell from FFX? How about ZAP! and XXXX from FF1? Besides, FFX characters can inflict over 9,999 damage, but pokemon characters have only around 300-500 HP... though the damage might change because of the pokemon's defense vs. Tidus/whoever's offense... whatever. FF wins, I say, FF WINS!!! (Although some pokemon like Kabutops or Tyranitar look just plain freakin' cool).

SomethingBig
06-22-2004, 03:21 AM
Well there are only a handful of Final Fantasy characters, but as far as I know there are millions of pokemon, so you could just send waves and waves of them at Cloud & co until they eventually fall.

Let's pretend it's a huge tournament. 10 of the strongest Pokemon vs. 10 of the strongest FF characters(summons and monsters included). This Entei someone spoke of would cry in the face of the Omega Weapon of FFX.

ZeZipster
06-22-2004, 03:24 AM
I've never actually seen a Pokemon die.

Vermachtnis
06-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Well yea, but that's because Pokémon where made only to harm not kill. So they'd be at a huge disadvantage. Except Mewtwo he almost killed that one kid.

Del Murder
06-22-2004, 05:15 AM
In that case, Biggie, FF would waste them, yes. I picture more of an all out war.

Yamaneko
06-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Can I hit the power button and win?

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Even if there were millions, Ultima would hit them all in one casting.

Rase
06-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and X?

Psh, give me Garland, Golbez, Zande, and X-Death over those "legends" anyday.

Agreed.

Oh yeah, FF would win. I'm too tired to elaborate.

DJZen
06-23-2004, 04:41 AM
*sighs*

Okay, no one wants to even imagine that Pokemon could triumph over FF characters, so I'm just gonna have to take the side undefended.

In FF, you control a party of varying sizes (max size is 3, 4 or 5 depending on the game). In Pokemon you play as one person who has up to 6 Pokemon at his disposal. In a fair fight, the FF characters are outnumbered 6-1. Also, attacks like slash and flame are no less lethal than "fight" and "fire" are in FF. Given that the damage scale of the two games is different, one would have to make an adjustment. And true, Ultima could hit all Pokemon..... that were in combat. Pokemon return to their Pokeballs when not in combat, so you'd have to fight them one at a time. Sure, there's lots of cheap combos in FF games, but there are in Pokemon as well.

Trumpet Thief
06-23-2004, 05:30 AM
The answer is obvious. Final Fantasy!

Just use Ultima.

Rase
06-23-2004, 06:12 AM
In FF, you control a party of varying sizes (max size is 3, 4 or 5 depending on the game). In Pokemon you play as one person who has up to 6 Pokemon at his disposal. In a fair fight, the FF characters are outnumbered 6-1.

Pokemon return to their Pokeballs when not in combat, so you'd have to fight them one at a time.

Wait, how can it be 6-1 if you fight one at a time?

Also, attacks like slash and flame are no less lethal than "fight" and "fire" are in FF.

But Pokemon don't wear armor, and are limited to a maximum of 4 attacks. While some look admittedly formidable and have good stats, not many could take some of the Final Bosses of the Final Fantasy series.

black orb
06-23-2004, 06:15 AM
>>> Pokemon is retarded and sucks, even a Chocobo would eat a whole pokemon alive..

Heath
06-23-2004, 08:01 AM
Bearing in mind that the bosses in FF have higher HP, it isn't really fair. The highest HP total in Pokemon is 999, which I suppose a level 30-odd character could do away with with relative ease.

I think it's rather sad that someone said "legends" like Cloud, Auron and Squall, when the games they come from aren't even 10 years old. To be honest, the only character out of those three I particularly liked was Auron. As for the villains, do you really think it's fair to compare say... Kuja who destroyed near enough everything in Terra with a puny Charmander or something?

I enjoyed both of these games, and my only real complaints about Pokemon is the limited move space per Pokemon (4 attacks!) and the general lack of challenge throughout the games. They are both fun games, despite me not having beaten Ruby and Sapphire (on a ROM I've now lost because of a virus on the old computer, I was fighting the Elite Four on Sapphire). To be perfectly honest, Pokemon's lack of challenge is made more fun with multiplayer battles. When you've beaten Ozma, where's the challenge in any more of FFIX? In Pokemon, you can have mulitplayer battles against your friends, and trade Pokemon. I think this element makes Pokemon keep the gamer interested for longer. Sure, you don't have much replay value once you start trading, because you lose all your previous game stats and you don't really want to start getting those "red only" monsters again, do you?

Master Quan
07-02-2004, 10:39 PM
You are joking, right?

square_is_the_best
07-03-2004, 11:24 PM
GOOOOO PPOOOKKKEEEMMMOOONNN!!!11!

I could use that cheap ass dupliacting trick in gold/silver and unleash 286 Mewtwos all holding bright powder (makes opponent miss sometimes), kings rock(makes opponent not be able to act), or focus belt (keeps pokemon from dying sometimes). TAKE THAT!!!!!!1!

Alas my Lulu could doublecast ultima and theyd all drop dead. I tried.

Trumpet Thief
07-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Just wait till Pshychotic discovers this thread...

Sess020
07-04-2004, 07:53 PM
At the very start of reading this thread, I had the vision of a thousand little punks roasting in a mushroom cloud of Ultima :exdee:

SomethingBig
07-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Safer Sephiroth can destroy whole planets with Supernova. He could kill every single pokemon in less than 5 minutes.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-08-2004, 12:31 AM
I summon you Pikachu! I summon you Bahamut!, who would win?

square_is_the_best
07-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Well snce Bahamut is flying type and pikachu is electric, bahamut is at a serious type disadvantage. In the end, Bahamut would kick Pikachus butt to Johto to kanto to the Ho-an region and back.

Polaris
07-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Pokemon!!!! Gonna catch them all chikotita

Edgar
07-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Kefka will destroy all Pokemons

MJN SEIFER
07-08-2004, 08:42 PM
You seam to forget that it's BECAUSE of pokemon that FF exists in the first place... So they'ed never fight

TRUCE!

Pokemon and Final Fantasy the 2 best games in their world. At peace equelly matched. Now offically allies. I thank you!!

UltimateSpamGrover
07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
other way around, FF existed before Pokiemon (YES I SAID POKIEMON WHO CARES ABOUT IT ANYWAY???) was even a thought, and all Bahamut has to do is use Mega Flare and there would'nt be any more "Pikachu"

and besides Dark Magician will kill them all anyway...

DARK MAGIC ATTACK!

square_is_the_best
07-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Lets not bring You-Gay-Hoe into this.

Captain_Spaulding
07-09-2004, 04:50 AM
Ok, threethousand words? Pokemon Picture Game(A picture is worth a thousand words, get it, three words each worth a thousand because its a picture taking game? *sigh* it was funny to me)

Anyways any game where you have to sit on a raft and take goooood pictures of pokemon takes the cake, Final Fantasy needs one of those games....Damn dog, Damn Cat, watch out for the upcoming Final Fantasy Picture Frenzy available only on PS4. yes 4 because its that friggin advanced....

UltimaLimit
07-09-2004, 10:53 AM
It's not even a contest, people. Have Beatrix use Stock Break or Climhazzard or whatever to lower their HP to 1. Summon something to finish them off. (How embarrassing... death by ChocoMog...) Oh, and have Sephiroth turn Pikachu into a shish-ka-bob. That little rat is annoying. In other words no contest, even if you adjust the damage systems like DJzen suggested.

Cz
07-09-2004, 04:43 PM
You seam to forget that it's BECAUSE of pokemon that FF exists in the first place... So they'ed never fight

What?

TasteyPies
07-09-2004, 04:56 PM
A certain super hyper girl in a yellow dress could kill all poketmonsters with 1 verry special spell :eek: :cool:

Besides when i was playing red and blue (when PM was cool) the highest i could ever get on it was 350hp. Compared to ffx 99999hp I think those colorfull happy-go-lucky wusses have a death wish if they try and take on the mighty.....rikku.

ALSO! the largest attack stats were in the 300s (In only the VERRY best pokemon) Mewtwos attack was only in the 100s (wuss) where Squalls attack maxes at 266 and i think I had Tidus attack up to 500 something.

Not to mention how much more fierce the ff summons are, dont forget magic either!

FF has PM beat in stats,health and skills..what do PM have left? NUMBERS! SURE! there are a ton of PM hiding in caves and long grass...wait...soo...all that they have to do is pack the 2 or 3 caves in the game with dynamite with dynamite and cut the grass and there aren't any pokemon ANYWHERE! VICTORY!

So when it comes right down to it FF saves the world with mighty summons, noble warriors, fierce magic and deadly assasin like attacks, PM has kids sick pets on each other.

Lets see what sounds better..
Taste the wrath of my Sturdy Gunblade!
or
Taste the wrath of my Mighty Jigglypuff!

FF wins!

UltimateSpamGrover
07-11-2004, 03:41 AM

You are making me mad, you wont like me when I'm mad...

Ryth
07-19-2004, 12:30 AM
What kind of question is that!???! Final Fantasy!!

Trumpet Thief
07-20-2004, 06:15 PM

Well said :oscar::count::monster: