PDA

View Full Version : I love being a raise-mage

Garland
06-20-2004, 10:48 PM
A week ago, I hit level 25. I'm a whm, so you know what that means - the moment when a whm truly becomes a whm: I got raise. Ever since then, I've been camped in Shakrami Maze (Quetzalcoatle) raising anyone who dies for free and without question. Noone goes unraised. With Sneak and Invisible, I can cover the entire maze. Since my sole purpose there is raising, and I declare it in shout upon entering, I'm usually raising a person within minutes of death. People love it. I've become enormously popular, and I love it. I've camped the maze for a week now, non stop. I can kill rampaging ghouls when someone sets them loose, or derail newb trains of gobs. What's odd, is that even though I never ask for money, I keep getting exhorbitant donations. Two that come to mind are a package of 3000 gil, a scroll of Gravity, and a Zinc Ore just for helping everyone generously. A second donation was an incredible 10,000 gil, for raising someone's Eco Warrior alliance of 18 or so members once or twice. I'm making more money trying to be charitable, than many people make while charging 500 gil. It's unreal, and along with the money, my reputation is shooting through the roof. I can't imagine a better use of my time. Being a whm with raise is incredible. Comments?

Ouch!
06-20-2004, 11:14 PM
It's always good to have someone around who actually wants to help. Asking around for a white mage is difficult at times, especially when the white mage doesn't want to do any raising (in which case they should go anon.)

All I can say is good job. You're doing a great service to the Shakrami community, and I'm sure the extra gil is a nice perk. I'll probably do the same thing when I hit 38 with my red mage.

Lionx
06-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Yea its definetly nice ^^

But there will always be people that will badger you to raise and say its your job and use you and blah blah when you are partying and are doing things on your own time when you dont want to raise. ^^;;; Dont worries....doing what you did was a very nice thing to do and its commendable, just never let anyone push you around.

As for when you get RaiseII, people will beg again, but WHM invites will lower at that time because MP Regen is more favored in general. But the thing is that they dont really care...i generally dont think i would RaiseII someone outside my party becuase they do not think WHMs are useful (alot dont after 41) and pretty much want you as a Raise bot, so my take is no RaiseII unless you are in my party or are close enough and i feel nice :P Not being mean...but people sometimes are not that nice to WHMs...

Mikztsu
06-21-2004, 01:29 PM
I for one, have huge respect for players like you and there's no doubt you'll become popular in game and people will remember your name. :) Always when I have money, I'll tip whm who's not in my party and raises me/pt member.

Citizen Bleys
06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
I won't raise anyone who tells me it's my duty. I don't mind helping people who are human about it, just don't try to apply force.

Likewise, I don't like the people who are overly nazi about how to play a whm. I was in a party in Qufim a couple of days ago...a nearby party got aggroed and their whm died. I started healing the survivors, and other guys in my party said not to cure them because they wouldn't call for help (as in ctrl+g--They were going /say help plenty)

I don't think forfeiting experience should be a requirement for getting help just because someone wants to be a prick. I left the party that tried to prevent me from lending aid when it was called for.

Garland
06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
I ignore anyone who talks to me about duty, also. People keep talking about this white mage's code, and I don't know where they got the idea from, but *I* have no code. For the most part whm's are the only class with useful skills outside of a party, and I do try and take advantage of that. It's only when I'm told to do something, that I become resistant to doing it. I'll waste a 500 gil chocobo to give a free raise to a fallen player several zones away, but I won't raise a demanding player sitting right at my feet.

Lionx
06-22-2004, 05:27 AM
While i would have also healed the other party if i can without endangering my own party(hopefully they arent fighting a Banshee....if they are healing them is just being a liability and risk factor for your own group), i think its also good to think that maybe your leader/whoever said that because your MP=EXP gained...and would detriment the parties over all gain? I am just trying to look at it from both sides of the fence here...maybe it was different...but for me its Party>Some other party....for obvious reasons unless i can help without endangering or encumbering my party's exp in a huge manner..

Citizen Bleys
06-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Our puller was AFK, and people in the other party were dying.

Plus, it wasn't the party leader that was trying to tell me not to heal others, it was just another member.