PDA

View Full Version : Radical Dreamers, game-based...does it exist?

ForeverZeroUltima
06-21-2004, 12:26 AM
i played radical dreamers and was disappointed to see that it was all text-based. is there a game-version of it, kinda like CT?

TheAbominatrix
06-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Nope. I'm pretty sure someone was working on making a Radical Dreamers game, with CT graphics/engine and all that, but I dont think it's out yet, if it ever will be/=.

-N-
06-21-2004, 02:14 AM
No - it's all text based.

Super Christ
06-21-2004, 05:44 AM
And it's still awesome that way.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-21-2004, 08:46 AM
It's not like there's no movement at all in the graphics, and along with the detailed backgrounds, music and sound are used to great effect. It's an incredibly atmospheric game.

-N-
06-22-2004, 03:49 AM
And trippy, too. I couldn't tell whether I was on drugs or the game developers, at times. Damn shrooms.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2004, 07:41 PM
And trippy, too. I couldn't tell whether I was on drugs or the game developers, at times. Damn shrooms.

o.O??

oh well...

darn, and i swear i saw this game-based one before...Serge and Magil sprites were standing while Kid sprite was in a ready battle position, and then this grey text-box appeared saying "Kid: Lynx!"

then another screen showing the inventory...Kid's char inventory that said "Daggers, Hide Cap, etc."

Yamaneko
06-27-2004, 09:43 PM
I played a bit of it a few years back before a translation came out. I read over the script though. I found it amusing. :)

BatChao
06-28-2004, 04:19 AM
You're probably thinking about this:

http://radicaldreamers.sourceforge.net/

This guys said he wanted to remake CC in a CT fashion...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
God that's ugly.

SomethingBig
06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh, c'mon. It doesn't look all that bad.

BatChao
07-02-2004, 11:04 AM
God that's ugly.

Well, it's only a prototype screenshot, so it probably looks nothing like what it'd look like once they get the ball rolling. The guy probably whipped those up in like an hour.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-04-2004, 07:29 PM
You're probably thinking about this:

http://radicaldreamers.sourceforge.net/

This guys said he wanted to remake CC in a CT fashion...

yes, THAT'S the one i was talking about! but if it's CC in a CT fashion, then why is Magil there? :p

it struck me as interesting the first time i saw it cuz there was Dinopolis and Viper Manor. and yet there's the skyway and the Black Omen.

MateriaBladeVII
07-07-2004, 10:29 PM
He said he was going to make up his own little adventure out of it and kind of join the two games together. Thus- Serge, Kid, and Magus are all in the same party in that screenshot.

It's nothing official- just a little fun. And yea- I agree that it looks ugly. The Serge and Kid designs need work and he needs to make things a bit more detailed. I know the graphic extent of CT and it was a lot better than that when it came to environments and dialogue and such.