PDA

View Full Version : The sprinklers have started their dance!

Shlup
06-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Its 5:30am and the sprinklers just began to water the front lawn. They're on a timer.

Are your sprinklers on a timer? When do they come on? Do you have to turn them on yourself? Do you have to water your lawn with a hose? Do you have a lawn? My grandparents lawn is pink rocks.

Loony BoB
06-21-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't have sprinklers, and I'm not really sure if you could say I have a lawn. There's this "back yard" kinda thing which is out the back of our block of flats for people to hang out their washing on (I don't use it) but otherwise, nah, I don't have one. If I was to jump out my window I'd probably end up dead instead of grass stained. Well, probably both, now that I think about it. Maybe I should get some sprinklers anyway and just use them on the washing which is drying. From the top floor, nobody would guess it was me! Bwahahahaha...

Iceglow
06-21-2004, 01:52 PM
at my house we have a big front and rear garden however they used to be like jungles with 2.5m tall grass and stuff it didn't get mowed for around 10 years cause I'm highly allergic to pollen and fresh grass cuttings cause me problems as well. and my mom has a phobia of worms since a prank by her older brother as a kid (I'm just glad for his sake he was her favourite brother otherwise she'd have killed him) now it's been cut but the entire garden needs re landscaping which will take time and the grass needs replacing cause the quality is poor. so we don't water it but as compensation I live in the UK it pours down very often.

Nait
06-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Rinklers? Vat aar diis.. Rinklers? Vi duu nat hav dem in Vinlant. Vateva dei aar.

Mikztsu
06-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Sprinklers are only good for sprinkiling. Don't care about them much.

sephxangel
06-21-2004, 02:20 PM
I don't have sprinklers...*shrugs*

escobert
06-21-2004, 02:22 PM
I dunno if they're on a timer. They usually come on around 6.I dont turn them on but my step dad may. NO. Yeah and it has lots of crappy flowers on it. :mad:

Yamaneko
06-21-2004, 02:33 PM
We're not fancy. We have to turn it on manually. :(

My mom likes to water with the hose though, so we don't use them very often.

Rusty
06-21-2004, 03:34 PM
We have half a lawn...there are green bits but its half dead from summer ironicly we only use sprinklers in summer, but rarely because of water restrictions, which means the lawn only barely managed to survive and now with the winter rains...it's moved from half dead to half living.

Shlupquack...what were you doing up at 5:30 in the morning watching sprinklers turn themselves on? :)

Levian
06-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Nah, we don't have sprinklers. We've got quite a large yard, but we don't water it anyway. It rains a lot here see :p Mother waters the flowers and stuff with a hose tho'

Leeza
06-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Are your sprinklers on a timer? Yes.
When do they come on? They start at around 6:30, I think.
Do you have to turn them on yourself? No, they just magically turn on by themselves.
Do you have to water your lawn with a hose? No, but I water the flowers with a hose.
Do you have a lawn? Yes.

Logan
06-21-2004, 05:31 PM
We have sprinklers in the front yard, but apparently not in the backyard, because my stepmother uses a hose back there. My dad turns sprinklers on.

bennator
06-22-2004, 12:25 AM
We have a sprinkler, but we never use it. I think that's a good idea, because without water, the lawn won't grow, and if the lawn doesn't grow, I don't have to cut it.

RSL
06-22-2004, 12:27 AM
I have no lawn. If I did, I would have no sprinklers. With the amount of rain we get here, it would be foolish.

Ariel
06-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Sprinklers aren't allowed in Sydney right now. Water's too scarce. We'd get a big fat fine if we turned ours on. D=

Doomgaze
06-22-2004, 06:22 AM
We currently have this thing where we're a federally declared disaster area because of the flooding. So, no, can't say we've pulled out the ol' sprinklers out yet this year. It rains pretty much every other day anyway.

Del Murder
06-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Early enough so that my gf takes a shower in them every morning.

Rainecloud
06-22-2004, 07:03 AM
We have a sprinkler system.

Unfortunately, our cats disapprove of it, so we don't use it.