PDA

View Full Version : What makes Final Fantasy 10 so Great!

FFanatic Of FFantasy
06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
FF10 RULZ! I've just defeated Penance !Phew! Anyway I think the overall game was thoroughly made through with many challenging bosses like this one! What parts makes this game such a such a spectacular one!
PLEASE POST!
A guy with a sword which is twice his size!
A really annoying monkey!
A girl with dodgey robes!
What next! A woman who dresses like a rabbit!
That's Final Fantasy For You!

CloudySky
06-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Everything: story, chars, leveling, graphics, etc.

Cloudane
06-21-2004, 09:14 PM
The best thing about FFX is FFX-2, frankly :D

Nah, the story and the graphics are seriously good in my opinion. It was lacking in a few other places (levelling system, freedom, non-linearity etc) that X-2 made up for.

FFanatic Of FFantasy
06-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Are you sure I think X-2 did not match up to X. A better sequel might be needed! The missing of the Aeons was a real let down!
A guy with a sword which is twice his size!
A tennger who is obsessed with lions!
A really annoying monkey!
A girl with dodgey robes!
What next! A woman who dresses like a rabbit!
That's Final Fantasy For You!

square_is_the_best
06-22-2004, 04:56 AM
X-2 didn't make up for mch but it did so excellently. It gets really good at chapter 4. One word: awesome. Both games.

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Are you sure I think X-2 did not match up to X. A better sequel might be needed! The missing of the Aeons was a real let down!

Yeah, but the only way you'd get Aeons back would be to have a prequel.

I loved X. Loved the character development, the battle system, the grid sphere, the story, and the graphics. Awesome game.

aeris2001x2
06-23-2004, 03:01 AM
to be honest ffX i did,nt rate that high on my first play. like 5th or sumthin in my rankings. but the new level of super bossess were just incrediable. the greater dark Aeons and penenance really brought the game up to genius status. i mean the game has a whooping 46 SUPER BOSSESS! before ffX there had never been more then Two!

Del Murder
06-25-2004, 05:06 AM
The ability to control summons was my favorite part of this game.

Xander
06-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I loved X. Loved the character development, the battle system, the grid sphere, the story, and the graphics. Awesome game.

Ditto =)

Storm
06-26-2004, 07:39 AM
I was a particular fan of how FFX showed how much of a fool Wakka was for blindly placing faith into a religion that he did not understand. Whenever he was asked to elaborate on an issue, his reply was "That's what it says in the writings, so that's that."

This seems to remind me of so many narrow minded people who believe you should follow religious scriptures without placing any thought into why you are actually following them.

Yeargdribble
06-26-2004, 03:40 PM
I have to agree with Storm. If you reflect on the way FF X parallels the real world as far as ignorance based racism and ignorance based fundamentalism it can really make you think.

In that scene before the Macalania temple I wanted to jump in that argument so badly. Rikku asks for proof... Wakka says the teachings and she asks him to think for himself and he asks, 'Then where did Sin come from?' And she's all like... errr... I just wanted to say that "Just because I can't prove that Sin didn't come from the use of machina doesn't mean that it is proven otherwise!"

In addition to this great world satire I also enjoyed the battle system. I thought CTB was great and had a nice peppy pace to it. Also I liked how each character had their niche in fighting moreso than ever before in an FF. Being able to use all of your characters freely was great and being able to get AP for everyone after every fight was great.

The Sphere Grid was great. Leveling up in other FFs is nice but the SG really lets you feel your progress. You can see exactly what stats you are improving and really take note of the bearing that have in your battles.

The storyline is nice and pretty deep. It has a more serious tone than a lot of other FFs that I liked a lot.

I could actually rant on for quite some time about the very nice qualities of this game.

nik0tine
06-26-2004, 03:41 PM
best part of ffx was auron.

kikimm
06-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Good characters is always a neccessity for me. Gameplay can be pretty poor, but if it has good characters that alone will keep me going. Although this game was excellent in both areas. I loved the sphere grid, as well as the CTB system. It allowed me more time to strategize(that's a word, right?). Plus the ending wsa kickass.

:D

Cloudane
06-28-2004, 05:48 PM
I liked the fact that, even if it was inadvertent, it took the mickey out of religion quite nicely :tongue: (I'm not big on religion at all, and so many of my reasons were repeated in FFX)

HoldenMan
08-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Ok, I also like that whole religion and psuedo racism thing.

While the cut scenes got to be a nuisance at times, the actual movies were awesome.

I think the battle system is the best yet. i've only played 6, 8, 9, and 10 (haven't finished any yet - I always go onto a different one halfway through:P). One thing I hated about 8 and 9 was that the enemies had a really irritating habit of surprising you by taking 3 or 4 turns in a row....very irritating. At least now you know when, and why, an enemy takes more than 1 turn. Also you don't have to rush through the menus when searching for a particular magic, you can take your time, which I do enjoy. Battles can get boring, but that's the same in all ff games.

I enjoy the characters...Wakka in particular is rather unique, and a total champ. I also enjoy the way you can customise the characters in the sphere system.

Blitzball, while a good idea, does get boring. I do like the concept though. Voices are a little irritating, but hey, it's their first voice-over game in the series. I do think they suit the characters, though. I also like the idea of controllable aeons.

Mr. Rothgar
08-10-2004, 04:05 PM
i think that FF10 had an unfair advantage over all the other games because the voices and very specific facial movements provided it an extra way to make the characters more real--while i do like the game and enjoyed it very much--i think that if all the games were reproduced with the same graphics and level of investment other games would be embraced much more because the voices would allow for much more character development....can u imagine what kefka? or sephiroth or magus would speak like? and how much more would that ccontribute to their character

Kuja
08-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Sphere grid rulezzzz. dark aeons rule. the voices ruless ( except rikku ) and the story is good. and i think a sequel is a very good idea from square, i think they should do that with every game.

SeeDRankLou
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Blitzball rules. The sphere grid rocks. Controlable summons are awesome. The graphics are superb.

I really really liked the story. The amount of detail that went into the story and the environment was astounding. I was a bit shocked by it though. I guess it's just where I live, sacrilegous things are rather taboo, and this game reflects a very negative view of religion. I guess it's not that taboo in Japan or other states in the union, Texas is just behind the times. Definately wasn't expecting it, great story.

And, the Mt. Gagazet music is the best non-lyrical FF music I have ever heard.

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 09:52 PM
the graphics are great, the sphere grid is awesome,had very well done music,especially at zanarkand,the character develpoment was reall good and the storyline was nice too,......overall ffx is one of my favorite games

Ryth
08-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Well the CTB system instead of ATB (X-2's ATB system was better with chains and such though) moving story, awe shocking graphics, Shpere Grid (best skill system EVER!), Auron is badass, summom monsters (aeons in FFX) have commands they no longer just come out to use a attack and leave, customation system making stronger weapons, music, blitzball BEST MINI-GAME EVER! I have won 102 games the Al Bhed Physces are my rivals the other teams highest points were 3 mine was 9 I am the best blitzball team EVER! my team members are
LP: Eiggar
RP: Bickson
MF:Tidus
RD:Gravv
LD: Brother
GK: Keepa
other: two Ronsoes don't remember thier names.
Best PS2 FF EVER that I have played (FFX and FFX-2 I don't have XI)!

BahamutZer0
09-05-2004, 05:59 AM
Tyler(me):The best part of FFX was everything! :D
Tyrell(myfriend):Ditto

Tyler: SEE? everyone agrees that the Zanarkand music kicks @$$~
Tyrell: Thats cause everyone has good taste :D

DMKA
09-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Well damn...I agree with everyone. Its my 2nd fav (sorry but I'm a helpless FFVII lover). FFX comes as a damn close second on my list though. :love:

Lamia
09-14-2004, 01:46 AM
The break HP limit for both health and offense. :D

The only gripes I have about this game is Yuna and Tidus's romance. I just don't think they developed it well throughout the game. In Final Fantasy 9, the growing relationship between Zidane and Garnet is nothing short of organic and beautiful.

LuCas23332
10-02-2004, 05:23 PM
IMO wut makes the game interesting is the storyline and the 2 characters that remind me of the 2 characters in final fantasy 9

Tidus & Yuna = [Damn, forgot his name, it was the boy with a monkey tail] & Garnet

dont they 2 match with the 2 characters in ff9?

i mean, in ff9 the guy with the tail is the one who tries to help garnet and he loves her also. same with ff10.

the thing i hate is when yuna is always getting kidnapped damn that was annoying me like hell and pissing me off, everytime she gets kidnapped we cant summon anymore until we get her and theres always a freakin boss when we find her.

anyway, graphics are great and its much easier with spheres than getting levels like all the other final fantasys.

tomamar04
10-30-2004, 09:17 PM
I loved FFX. Blitzball is by a long way the best ever sub-game, and I liked all the chracters. The ending was fab too, and controlling the aeons. The storyline is so much better than the other FF games (especially 8 & 9). ;)

Vaprice
11-01-2004, 01:23 AM
The best part of this is the graphics. Some of the voices made me mad...the story plots was good. But the Graphics were the best part.

Zante
11-01-2004, 05:22 PM
FFX was great because of controlable summons, the sphere grid, blitzball... I realy enjoyed some details, like that the characters walk away when summoning, not just dissapear. (But it's funny that they simply stand up an walk away even when they are KO-d and they will lie back on the ground after dismissing a summon :D)

One winged angel of death
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
I think it's gr8 because of the graphics, voice actors,magic system, summon system, and the fact you can switch out different ppl.

Trumpet Thief
11-09-2004, 09:59 PM
The ability to control summons was my favorite part of this game.

chaos: I agree. It wasn't fun to see Summon's come with a few flashes, and a corny nickname.

Rubedo: Controlling them was probably the funnest thing :rolleyes2

Tidus323
11-15-2004, 11:22 PM
no game can top ffx.EVRE!

Trumpet Thief
11-16-2004, 04:34 AM
no game can top ffx.EVRE!

chaos: 'Cept 6, 4, 1, etc. etc. :D

=Angelus=
11-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Lol... well.. i'm still trying to complete FFX and X-2, but what i liked so far was the sights and sounds, and the cousin Yunie and Rikku!! things started getting really happening in X-2

YunaXTidus
11-24-2004, 10:11 PM
everythin bout it was great.

this one is my fave one

Also it had Yuna, the only female FF character i have ever actually liked.

Fantasy_Dragon
12-04-2004, 08:39 PM
I loved X. Loved the character development, the battle system, the grid sphere, the story, and the graphics. Awesome game.Oh, and go Yuna (my favorite part about the game ;) )!

12-13-2004, 12:33 AM
what i liked best is just the storyline.

Sky 7000 2000
12-13-2004, 01:04 AM
best part of ffx was auron.

'Nuff said. :D :love: ~Sky~

Crazy the Clown
12-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Best things about Final Fantasy X characters.

Tidus-You can decide what his name is.
Auron-Grizzled old man who's as tough as nails.
Rikku-She's voiced by Tara Strong, a talented voice actress.
Wakka-His bad Jamaican accent makes me laugh.
Lulu-There's something about stoic goth chicks....
Yuna-She commands an army of Aeons that tear enemies a new one.
Kimahri-The quiet bad-ass who uses blue magic.

DJZen
12-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Tag team battles have teh aw3s0m3

Sephex
12-16-2004, 05:53 AM
The way I look at FFX is odd. I liked the game enough to play through it two times (that's impressive these days since I play a lot of games). Yet, I felt something was missing. I feel the game is somewhere towards the bottom-middle of my favorite FF game list.

Lain
12-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Also it had Yuna, the only female FF character i have ever actually liked.
Oh Gosh, yuna is my main reason why I didn't like so much ffX.

I like ffx because of storyline, way of leveling, lulu, otherworld, tidus face (so godly cute) and many other things which I can't remember right now (but yuna definetly wasn't one of them)

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 06:51 AM
I like the story. It's pretty decent. It's not the best of any FF game, but it's pretty good.

However, the Graphics are the game's highlight. The graphics are revolutionary, and wonderfully done.

You know the scene where Tidus and Yuna are dancing in the water? Do you think that was a watered down way to say that they had sexual relations?

Feion

Lain
12-19-2004, 11:17 AM
You know the scene where Tidus and Yuna are dancing in the water? Do you think that was a watered down way to say that they had sexual relations?
I was thinking about it....but I decided to think "no" because in my mind I always imagine yuna's death and I hope tidus will find some better girl to make with her his first time

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 09:05 PM
I love all things about FFX espcecially....the characters....the storyline.....the soundtrack....the FMV....Oooooh I love final fantasy games that has a lovely,romantic couple....Tidus Love Yuna.....Forever....Love Rules!!

DynasticJam
12-29-2004, 01:00 PM
What I thought was amazingly great, was the fact that you get so focused in the game, that you no longer feel that it is a game, the events that take place are so great, the music is outstanding, the 3-d graphics, and the characters and scenario, it all fits, and the world is so much more realistic that the previous ff's, I love final fantasy so much! The story is so deep!

SeeDRankLou
12-29-2004, 08:26 PM
I hope tidus will find some better girl to make with her his first time
But you are assuming Tidus was a virgin at the beginning of the game. I mean he was a star Blitzball player and he did seem to have some groupies. I'm just sayin'. :tongue:

rubah
12-29-2004, 09:38 PM
my sentiments exactly ;P

obviously yuna and tidus didn't do anything but kiss and such, otherwise X-2 would have her baby instead of lulu's (spira seems to have a lack of birth control, which is just as well-- they keep getting slaughtered by sin all the time:P)

BackRoomKid
12-31-2004, 04:42 AM
just the ending is what MADE this game...everytime I watch it; it still hits me like its my first time playing it

PinkJellyBean
12-31-2004, 06:38 AM
X is my favorite game of all time! this was also my first final fantasy game! then i played VII and VIII, and then X-2. What made X great was the storyline, the great graphics and CG, Lulu :love: , the fact that there was another language you could learn, blitzball, and the fantastic ;made me cry and taught me to love final fantasy; ending. i just loved this game and everything about it.

Lain
12-31-2004, 05:34 PM
But you are assuming Tidus was a virgin at the beginning of the game. I mean he was a star Blitzball player and he did seem to have some groupies. I'm just sayin'. :tongue:
Shouldn't do it with yuna however

obviously yuna and tidus didn't do anything but kiss and such, otherwise X-2 would have her baby instead of lulu's
Tidus could use condom :tongue:

Yuffie514
01-06-2005, 07:19 PM
i love Lulu's limit break, but i wasn't quite satisfied with the others. overall, i give it two thumbs up! :up: :up:

CloudVII
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Yea, prolly my 2nd fave 2nd to FFVII :o suprise suprise the storyline is great and the whole romance was great, good game, has some replay value too.