PDA

View Full Version : Rank and fame

Citizen Bleys
06-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Yesterday, a party member of mine announced his intent to change loyalty from Bastok to San d'Oria...now I can't blame him, as I love Sandy, but won't that affect his fame?

I know that rank and fame aren't linked, but this guy was Rank 4 in Bastok. Won't changing his loyalty reset his Bastok fame? That would suck pretty hard, as he'd be forced to go back to Bastok and do repeatables in order to prevent his Jeuno fame from being based on zero because of lack of Bastok fame.

Ouch!
06-21-2004, 07:18 PM
I don't believe fame would change as it is derived from quests you do. Changing his loyalty won't erase the quests that he has done, and don't believe anything would change. Then again, I have never changed my loyalty or met someone who has. It's just my assumption that it'll stay the same.

Bahamut2000X
06-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Fame is only effected by quests. So changing nations doesn't make your quests completed void. So no fame is not effected.

Although I'm not positive but I think you lose all rank and start back at 1 for the country your in when you switch.

Ouch!
06-23-2004, 02:47 AM
I know the second part is correct. You do lose all rank points and the likes. What I am not sure about is whethe you retain your old rank and rank points if you were to switch your loyalty back to your original country.

Jalbrean
06-23-2004, 05:13 AM
You retain your Rank/points from other countries if you decide to return to that country.