PDA

View Full Version : getting back into the Returner's Hideout [B](Spoiler!!!)[/B]

Ayerik
06-22-2004, 06:15 AM
Quoted from the walkthrough on this site:

This way is the longest but you can get almost all of Mog's dances doing it this way. Land your airship at the entrance to the Returner's hideout and jump on the raft on the Lete River. This time the raft will go the way Sabin went the first time and you'll end up near Gau's father's house. From here you have to go thru Sabin's scenerio and hop on the boat To South Figaro in Nikeah. Once in South Figaro it's kinda cool :) the captain of the ship smuggles you into town in a treasure chest Now you have to go all the way

I'm having a problem getting back into Lete river, though!!! I've tried going through the Returner's Hideout, or enter the Lete River from most anywhere I can get to it!!!

Any ideas? Thanks!

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Are you sure you've gone the right way in the Hideout? Through the room where you meet Banon, at the bottom of the room, go through the wall, then through the short tunnel. When you emerge, the raft should be waiting there for you.

nik0tine
06-22-2004, 06:18 AM
do you have gau's "shiny thing" that lets you breathe underwater?

Outsider
06-22-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure if you can get on the raft again. I never tried it, and it would take too much time to get back to the airship. There are better ways to get all Mog's dances.

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2004, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure if you can get on the raft again. I never tried it, and it would take too much time to get back to the airship. There are better ways to get all Mog's dances.

It is possible. I used to do it all the time, it's a good time for training.

Ayerik
06-22-2004, 01:30 PM
I try to get into the hide out, and cannot move from the map into the hideout!!! I'm sure I'm going into the right place, but can't get in!!!! :confused: I try to enter, like with Narshe, but it seems there's no entrance! I'm using ZSNES on a ROM -- could that be the problem?

Flying Mullet
06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Hmm, you should be able to get in just fine. It might be something with your emulator, but I doubt it.

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2004, 03:14 PM
What part of the game are you at, exactly? Do you have the airship and all that?

Ayerik
06-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I have everything in the WoB done. I didn't follow the walkthrough step by step, but looking it over, I've done all of the stuff -- I have Setzer's Airship, went through the Magitek factory, have Mog, have Terra back (Celes is off with Kefka).

I could send a copy of a save state if someone wants to see if they have the same problem.

Flying Mullet
06-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Okay, you're far enough along now that you should be able to get in the Returner's hideout and do the loop. That's odd...

Ayerik
06-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Any ideas how to get around it?

Edgar
06-23-2004, 03:20 PM
You guys are getting confused, so here goes:
I HIGHLY doubt you can return to 'raft' the Lete River. If you are seeking the Water Dance, here it this (remember to bring Mog):

1) You can land your airship in two places, but I only remember one and that is the entrance to the cave with a waterfall right after the Phantom Forest.

2) Go down the waterfall and you'll end up in the Veltz.

3) Make your way to the cresent cave.

4) Swim the Serpent River

5) Get Mog's Dance: Water Rondo.

6) End up in Nikeah I think... (sh3t, memory is failing me :(:(:()

7) Chocobo your way back to airship

8) and walah! Your Water dance. :)

And yeah, there are better ways to get the dances. There is only one dance you can't get yet and that is the Snow one. Water Rondo is pretty good.

Flying Mullet
06-23-2004, 03:31 PM
You can't take a chocobo from Nikeah to the Phantom Forest. Nikeah is isolated by mountains and water.

This is how I've always done it:
1) Land airship in Veldt
2) Take Serpent Trench to Nikeah
3) Take ferry from Nikeah to South Figaro
4) Go through Mt. Koltz
5) Go to the Returner's Hideout and take the raft, which will spit you out by the old crazy man's houes
6) Go back through the Phantom Forest
7) Fall back down the waterfall after the Phantom Forest, putting you back on the Veldt and by your airship

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2004, 06:09 PM
The mountains blocking Nikeah have been gone, since a bit after the whole adventure with Shadow. The quickest way to go, completly avoiding the Lete River, is to land in Nikeah, take the Chocobo down to the Phantom Forest, go from there to Baren Falls, down to the Veldt, and into the Serpent Trench, where you end up, viola, back in Nikeah.

And yes yes yes, it is possible to take the Lete River raft ride again. The only difference is you dont end up in Narshe, you end up where Sabin landed.

Flying Mullet
06-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Really? Well I'll be. I didn't know that. Cool, I'll have to check that out next time I play. You learn something new every day.

Edgar
06-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Phew, I thought old age is getting me at the age of 16 O_O

Oh the last sentence of TheAbominatrix just reminded me that it's possible. *flashbacks* Yeah, I've done it once, but that's so darn long ago...