PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat Bahamut?

Flashback007
06-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Alright, maybe their are already a dozen topics about this, but I didn't find any, so the question: How do I beat Bahamut?

I have tryed, every things, I even beated the annoying Red Dragons etc. But then Bahamut, I arrived at him, he appears, and one attack of him and I am death.

So plz help me, and no reactions plz from oh, i did beat him in 12 seconds or, I didn't know there was a Bahamut in FFVIII, cause I only need an answer to my question

Polaris
06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Cerebus Protect, shell, GFs (Cactuar,etc), curagas, make a plan!

Do you want one?

Big D
06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Shell and Protect are important because of Bahamut's powerful attacks. Protect your characters first.

If you have GF Leviathan with the "Recover" ability, use it.

If you have characters with high Strength, cast Meltdown on Bahamut and attack with weapons, especially with Squall, Zell and Irvine's Limit Breaks.

Good luck!:)

NM
06-22-2004, 06:15 PM
As already stated use Meltdown, Protect, Shell and Cerberus to give all characters Double & Triple.

If one of your characters has good magic stats i'd recommend using Ultima as it will do 9,999. With triple you do nearly 30,000 damage in one turn. Use Aura to enable your characters limit breaks and he won't last long.

Lehteb
06-23-2004, 06:55 AM
junctioning your best magic to strength and then using limt breaks through Aura is really effective. Irvine's AP Ammo kicks serious butt, and you dont need to cast meltdown to use it effectively. just take him down before he can hurt you, and you are golden. (like a :choc: chocobo :choc:)

nik0tine
06-23-2004, 07:56 AM
blind bahamut. makes him incredibly easy. also just have the revive and recover abilities and use them whenever you need to. have a few esuna's for his stop. doomtrain works as well, but the biggest thing is jsut simply blind him.

admat97
06-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Blind, keep HP at max, heal, revive, use limits (especially Lion Heart if you have it)

Degenerator works great on Ruby's unless they do back attack and kill your whole party.

Have fun building your own strategy!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

(this is just reiterating (sp?) what others have said)

Lord Xehanort
06-30-2004, 08:17 PM
1) Cast Meltdown (optional)
2) Have Squall w/ HP 9999 use Kamikaze
3) Have Zell beat the stuffing out Bahamut with physical attacks

This works especially well if you can cast Aura on Zell and have him use Punch Rush and booya over and over again.

Ultima Shadow
07-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Ansem, do ALL your FFVIII boss strats include Kamikaze?
Anyway... just meltdown, strike and heal. Bahamut really isn't hard at all.

Lord Xehanort
07-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Ansem, do ALL your FFVIII boss strats include Kamikaze?

No. I only use Kamikaze on the second Ruby Dragon, Bahamut and Adel. Most people have trouble with these, so they ask about them.