PDA

View Full Version : What would you be?

sephxangel
06-22-2004, 02:32 PM
If you could be a animal, mythological creature, whatever you wanted; what would you be and why?

I would be a fairy...they are pure energy and they are pretty too.
Other than that...platypus...they're just so funny.

Polaris
06-22-2004, 02:33 PM
I'd wanted to be Aphrodith...

sephxangel
06-22-2004, 02:34 PM
And who/what is that?

Polaris
06-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Aphrodith - Greek Goddess of love, she married Ephaistos and have Cupid altough there are legends that say that she and the god of war were lovers, they were. She marry the most ugly God beacuse Zeus wanna have smth really close to her and she didn't so He condened her to marry his son Ephaitos.

Ki Ki
I'd also be a fairy.
Or also a Goddess.
Or a God. Or anything with POWER to kill rodents EVERYWHERE!! Muhahahaha...
But I'd like to be a pretty fairy. Or a pretty witch.

Dixie
I'd be a kitten. They are so cute and playful and innocent!:cat:

Silmaril
06-22-2004, 02:54 PM
I'd be a shape-shifter. And turn into fairies, mermaids, whatever.

This is so odd. I was going to make a thread asking what was your favorite mythological beast, then i saw this one thread :eek: .

Iceglow
06-22-2004, 02:59 PM
*stares at screen name* what the heck you talking about girl? I am a mythological creature and I'm no myth.

Seriously if I was a mythological creature I would either be a fallen angel or a vampire...other than that I guess theres being on of Tolkiens elves the tall beautiful kind :)

Kaos Nishiakari
06-22-2004, 03:01 PM
I'd probably be a wolf.... or a werewolf... I like wolves...

Rusty
06-22-2004, 04:08 PM
I'd be a unicorn or a dragon. I love dragons and unicorns :)

Logan
06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
A cat, so I could sleep all day.

Rase
06-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Animal: Wolf
Mythological Creature: Winged Cerberus

I like canines.

cactuar_12
06-22-2004, 06:15 PM
A tanooki. Tanookis are japanese mythological creatures that can turn into statues at will and like to play tricks on people.

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/images/j-e/smb3_tanuki_1.gif

Kirobaito
06-22-2004, 06:18 PM
I'd be a dog. Dogs are cool because they are cool. I'd search around all day, eating Leeza's cats. :)

K-chan
06-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Animal: Kitsune (fox). In Japanese mythology, they could shapeshift and liked playing tricks

Wizdumb
06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
I dunno. . . whatever animal that eats babies.

Oh! Dingos! ^_^

Meat Puppet
06-22-2004, 08:48 PM
A cow with super powers, but produces rotten milk and is very ugly. I forgot its name.

Giggles
06-22-2004, 08:56 PM
I'd be a Mole Playing Rough.

Misfit
06-22-2004, 09:30 PM
I killed fairies once. It lowered my karma. ^_^

I would be ... *thinks* A SWORDSWOMAN WITH MAGICAL POWERS TO HEAL MYSELF! *cling* *clang* *swoosh* *stabs your heart*

:nibbles:

Rainecloud
06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
I'd be Pegasus, the magic horse.

That way, I could prance about in fields all day with my fetlocks blowing in the wind.

Misfit
06-22-2004, 09:35 PM
I'd be Pegasus, the magic horse.

That way, I could prance about in fields all day with my fetlocks blowing in the wind.
"fetlocks" xD

Lord Xehanort
06-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Dragoon! A Crimson Dragoon! Not as big as a dragon, so I'm not such a huge target and nimbler. But I'd still have power!

Misfit
06-22-2004, 10:07 PM
*slays Ansem*

Lord Xehanort
06-22-2004, 10:11 PM
You don't slay Dragoons, silly goose! You slay Dragons! Another good reason to be a Dragoon.

DoomAntenna
06-22-2004, 10:15 PM
I'd want to be a dragon I think. That or an elf (Tolkien kind), but immortality I think would get old after a while, so I'll say dragon.

Lord Xehanort
06-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Dragons are basically immortal. They live until they are slain.

DoomAntenna
06-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Well, that all depends on which rules you judge dragons by. As they don't exist, lots of different people have different ideas on the specifics about dragons. So, I think I'll be a not immortal dragon. One of the ones that just lives a long time. That, or I'll just get myself slain when I get bored, that would take care of the immortality problem too. I could go out in a big fight, like attacking the capital city of some country! Wouldn't that be awesome? They'd make stories about it, and it would be passed down through generations on quilts and stained glass windows and other....... stuff. Like books. :D

Lord Xehanort
06-22-2004, 10:27 PM
With me as your noble Dragoon!

DoomAntenna
06-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Great! I'm gaining followers already!! ;)

User Name
06-22-2004, 10:37 PM
You all speak of Jinn as if they are but mere fairy tales.

Chaos
06-22-2004, 10:46 PM
CAT CAT CAT CAT.

Panther or something. I'd like to have wings as well.

Or if its mythical....(ignoring the fact that winged pantheres are somewhat rare these days...) Id like to be, uhm, anyone remeber the TV cartoon 'Gargoyles'? Well, one of them, though I could do without the turning to to stone by day. I like the daytime.

Chaos

fire_of_avalon
06-23-2004, 12:33 AM
My friend Brandon once said I was a Succubus. I could deal with being the mother of all vampires :)

But in all seriousness, as for a normal animal, I'd want to be a... lioness. Lionesses are cool. As for mythological critter, I wanna be a something with wings. I wish I had wings :cry:

Mikztsu
06-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Non-human creature? Probably an Eskimo. Just because Eskimo Bob is cool.

Rase
06-23-2004, 06:23 AM
First, are you saying Eskimos aren't human?

Second, they aren't called Eskimos. At least not if you politically correct.

Click here. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Eskimo)

Casey
06-23-2004, 06:28 AM
God. Nuff said'. :D

escobert
06-23-2004, 06:30 AM
I'd be a human since humans are animals ;) Or a vampire :) ok maybe not. Hmmm I dunno what I'd be.

black orb
06-23-2004, 07:11 AM
CAT CAT CAT CAT.
Panther or something. I'd like to have wings as well.

>>> Greek Sphinx: winged girl-faced lion.. close enough.
I`d be a dragon..

sephxangel
06-23-2004, 09:26 AM
God. Nuff said'. :D

xD *bows*

nik0tine
06-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I'd be Jesus.

(im not trying to imply that jesus is a myth)

sephxangel
06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
no offense but the fact that i would be nailed to a cross is unappealing to me.

I'd be a shape-shifter. And turn into fairies, mermaids, whatever.

This is so odd. I was going to make a thread asking what was your favorite mythological beast, then i saw this one thread :eek: .

Great minds think alike. :greenie:

Please don't double post, use the edit button. ~Gau

ForgottenAngel
06-23-2004, 11:48 AM
An evil bunny assassin of course. Step off or I'll waste you with my super fluffy tail and then bitchslap you with my floppy little ears.

well, not really. I'd most likely want to be a dragon, probably a black one, but you have to admit that bunny thing IS appealing... :hahaha:

sephxangel
06-23-2004, 11:58 AM
lol yea it is

by the way, i like your sig :)

Loony BoB
06-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Either a jaguar or a griffon.

Lord Xehanort
06-23-2004, 08:01 PM
A tanooki. Tanookis are japanese mythological creatures that can turn into statues at will and like to play tricks on people.

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/images/j-e/smb3_tanuki_1.gif

That statue on the right! Is it from 'The Legend of the Mystical Ninja' for SNES? Those things were the coolest!

Maxico
06-23-2004, 08:12 PM
I would be those kodama things from "princess mononoke" (anime movie from studio ghibli. Alot better than the name makes it sound :p) theres a pic of one in my avatar. They are an actualy the japanese version of like a tree sprite but in the movie they have this cool maraca head thingie where their head winds up and springs back.

FleshMask
06-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Aphrodith - Greek Goddess of love, she married Ephaistos and have Cupid altough there are legends that say that she and the god of war were lovers, they were. She marry the most ugly God beacuse Zeus wanna have smth really close to her and she didn't so He condened her to marry his son Ephaitos.

Aphrodith (Venus) married Ephaitos (Hephestias) against her will...
Ephaitos is the god of forge... he was ugly and had a limp leg... with nasty red hair...

Aphrodith actually had Cupid (Eros) with Mars (Ares), it was a love affair...

Ephaitos had an idea what was going on, so he planned and forged a magic net that would catch the two in the act.
It worked... and all the gods laughed as Aphrodith and Mars was caught naked and helpless...

After that Aphrodith and Ephaitos had some bad relations after that... (He never got any from her after the incident)

My friend Brandon once said I was a Succubus. I could deal with being the mother of all vampires :)

But in all seriousness, as for a normal animal, I'd want to be a... lioness. Lionesses are cool. As for mythological critter, I wanna be a something with wings. I wish I had wings :cry:

Succubus is a greek figure... she lured sailors to their deaths...

IF someone said you are a Succubus, that means you're irrestiable...

But the question was what would I be if I wasn't me...
I would be Diogenes.... yes, it would do...

Diogenes rules!!!! He was the first Philosopher-Bum!!!!

Please don't double-post. You can quote two people by writing "[ QUOTE]" and "[ /QUOTE]" without spaces around what they put in your post. (If you go to edit and look at your post you should see better how that works :) Thanks ~ Xander

Kami
06-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Animal: wolf *howls*

Mythological creature: an elf? O_O

Tfalk
06-23-2004, 09:42 PM
I'd wanna be Odin. Sucks with one-eyed thing, but still king of the gods is kinda nice

Xander
06-23-2004, 09:45 PM
A moogle. OR. A papaopamus. OR failing that, a unicorn. Because they are cute. (that is the reason for all three) =)

Laguna
06-23-2004, 10:33 PM
A phoenix! They're awesome!

Ouch!
06-23-2004, 10:42 PM
I'd personally go with the fallen angel as well. Damned angels are just so awesome. Besides, it'd do me better to serve my lord, Satan. >.>

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2004, 03:42 AM
Succubus is a greek figure... she lured sailors to their deaths...

IF someone said you are a Succubus, that means you're irrestiable...

But the question was what would I be if I wasn't me...
I would be Diogenes.... yes, it would do...

I thought those were Sirens? Not that it bothers me to be called irresistable, mind you :) Anyways this (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/s/succubus.html) is the definition pantheon.org gives for a succubus and this (http://www.monster.gemsoft.co.uk/Iniquity/demonology.html) is a more detailed description. Not that I'm trying to be a know it all or anything :riiight:

CloudySky
06-24-2004, 08:26 AM
I would be Squaresoft.

Mikztsu
06-24-2004, 08:48 AM
First, are you saying Eskimos aren't human?

Damn right that's what I'm saying. I don't believe that 'humanity crap' which media is feeding us and neither should you. I haven't seen a single Eskimo in my life and I don't believe in what I haven't seen. Sure, I've seen some documentaries where Eskimos are trying to be all human-like, but it backfired at the cause. 3 reasons why I don't believe they're human: 1. They live in weird ice nests 2. They don't speak 3. They eat fish

Misfit
06-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Damn right that's what I'm saying. I don't believe that 'humanity crap' which media is feeding us and neither should you. I haven't seen a single Eskimo in my life and I don't believe in what I haven't seen. Sure, I've seen some documentaries where Eskimos are trying to be all human-like, but it backfired at the cause. 3 reasons why I don't believe they're human: 1. They live in weird ice nests 2. They don't speak 3. They eat fish
xD

nik0tine
06-24-2004, 01:14 PM
im an eskimo and you have thouroughly offended me...

Kaos Nishiakari
06-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Do you have many wolves up there?

Iceglow
06-24-2004, 02:08 PM
hmm I was reading a wierd book I own last night and I realised just how cool well logical the supposed hirachy of hell is in this book. There's the devil and then there's the twelve generals of Hell each in charge of his own army and each of a different type of demon. (this is speciffically for the number 13 I guess) the first army is the most powerful all of the troops are a type of greater demon (I cant spell the name without the book and I dont have it atm) but the Second army is the fallen angels, Led by the Second general of Hell Azrael they have 6 sub generals Danaeyl, Lirael, Samiel, Raphael and two others I cant remember it was late ok. the tenth army is Vampires the eleventh army is something akin to lycanthropes (however a lycan is a freak of nature not a demon so it might be listed as lycans in the book but I don't like that idea).

Anyway the book is great I remember that my own screen names history comes from it (the tale my friend made up is based on the second lieutenant of the second army Danaeyl) theres a lot of stuff that makes sense now I'm trying to figure out where the heck I got the book from (it's very old and not english)

Rase
06-24-2004, 04:25 PM

Well, first, by Eskimo I talk about what people use it to mean, which is the native tribes of North Alaska and several other countries. So, using that definition, I have seen many "Eskimos", but they are offended to be called that. It's better if you call them whatever tribe they are. As for your three reasons:
1. There are no trees in the areas they live, so you tell me how the are supposed to have shelter.
2. They do speak. The most common in Alaska is Inuit, though there are other languages.
3. What the heck!?!?! So anyone who eats fish isn't human. Yeah, THAT makes sense.

Sorry if I seem to be making a big deal, it's just that I'm part Tlingit, which is a Native Alaskan tribe. Since I've moved down to California, people have called me "Eskimo" and "Indian", which I then have to correct by explaining it to them.

Kaos Nishiakari
06-24-2004, 04:30 PM
hmm I was reading a wierd book I own last night and I realised just how cool well logical the supposed hirachy of hell is in this book. There's the devil and then there's the twelve generals of Hell each in charge of his own army and each of a different type of demon. (this is speciffically for the number 13 I guess) the first army is the most powerful all of the troops are a type of greater demon (I cant spell the name without the book and I dont have it atm) but the Second army is the fallen angels, Led by the Second general of Hell Azrael they have 6 sub generals Danaeyl, Lirael, Samiel, Raphael and two others I cant remember it was late ok. the tenth army is Vampires the eleventh army is something akin to lycanthropes (however a lycan is a freak of nature not a demon so it might be listed as lycans in the book but I don't like that idea).

Anyway the book is great I remember that my own screen names history comes from it (the tale my friend made up is based on the second lieutenant of the second army Danaeyl) theres a lot of stuff that makes sense now I'm trying to figure out where the heck I got the book from (it's very old and not english)

Interesting... I guess its neat to learn of other.... stuff I guess. I've never heard of 12 armies of Hell, but I'm guessing the 13th is the whole army led by Satan. In my practices, 13 is a very good number. But I supposed 13 in whichever religion you're talking about is a bad number and I gather that Satan has some kind of power with it? Assuming that Satan is a part of a certain religion(s)..

K-chan
06-24-2004, 07:43 PM
I would be those kodama things from "princess mononoke" (anime movie from studio ghibli. Alot better than the name makes it sound ) theres a pic of one in my avatar. They are an actualy the japanese version of like a tree sprite but in the movie they have this cool maraca head thingie where their head winds up and springs back.

*shudders* those things gave me the creeps

Mikztsu
06-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Sorry if I seem to be making a big deal, it's just that I'm part Tlingit, which is a Native Alaskan tribe. Since I've moved down to California, people have called me "Eskimo" and "Indian", which I then have to correct by explaining it to them.

You have every right to make it a big deal. :)

*sigh* Why is it everytime I'm kidding, people are taking Mik so seriously? :cry:

Fuzakeru
06-25-2004, 04:32 AM
*sigh* Why is it everytime I'm kidding, people are taking Mik so seriously? :cry:
I don't take you seriously Mik. -hugs- :)
I'd like to be a Siren cause they seduce men and crash their ships. So wonderful . . . :love:

Rase
06-25-2004, 06:14 AM

Yeah, sorry, I just ALWAYS have to deal with these things, so I kinda get tired of it.

Mikztsu
06-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah, sorry, I just ALWAYS have to deal with these things, so I kinda get tired of it.

Sorry to hear that. And sorry of I offended you, I most certainly didn't mean that as a racist joke. Just wanted to say something nonsense random. Y'know, I could've just as likely said that birds are human, if you catch my drift. ;-) Also, I never knew that Eskimo is an offensive word of them. And just to make it clear, I <i>do</i> know that they can speak and I happen to like fish.

I'd love to be Dionysos; God of...all the good things.

sephxangel
06-25-2004, 11:47 AM
You have every right to make it a big deal. :)

I never take you seriously :D

and what kind of book were you reading, Fallen_angel? i am interested. if you know the name it would be great.