PDA

View Full Version : Damn popup wont go away!!! Help please!!!

Black Mage FF1
06-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Ok I have this problem with my computer. I have this annoying pop up called "Spyware/Adware" and it wont go away. I close it off, yet in a couple of minutes it comes back. This is what it says......

Windows error service

Windows detected Spyware on your computer.
Download free Spyware Scanner & Remover

OK or Cancel.

I click cancel and it goes away for a couple of minutes. But then It comes back. I have tried blocking the site where it comes from but is doesnt work. Its really pissing me off. Anyone know what I can do to make it go away?

Rostum
06-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Download Adaware and it scans for these files and deletes them.

crono_logical
06-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Try going to "Start Menu > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management". Find "Services and Applications > Services" in the left pane, then on the right, find the service called "Messenger". "Right click > Properties", change the startup type to "Disabled", then click stop to turn it off completely, then OK out.

Black Mage FF1
06-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks. Im gonna try and see if it works. :D

Black Mage FF1
06-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Its still popping up! Its really annoying. I dont want to download it. It might give me a virus or something like that! This is really frustrating.

Baloki
06-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Its still popping up! Its really annoying. I dont want to download it. It might give me a virus or something like that! This is really frustrating.

goto http://www.lavasoft.de download the program called adaware, install it and run it several times until the pop-ups stop coming! As Omicile said!

Black Mage FF1
06-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Alright I downloaded it. So maybe now it wont come up anymore. Thanks for all the help.

Shoeberto
06-23-2004, 09:08 PM
On top of Adaware, you should also run Spybot Search and Destroy. What one doesn't get the other will. It's just good chi to have them both installed and running them regularly.

Black Mage FF1
06-23-2004, 10:22 PM
It worked! Thanks again guys!!! :D

crono_logical
06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
It's even better chi to not use Internet Explorer or Outlook, two of the biggest culprits of making your PC infected :p

Dr Unne
06-23-2004, 11:40 PM
<a href="http://www.gentoo.org/">*cough*</a>