PDA

View Full Version : Be honest...

Cz
06-23-2004, 05:28 PM
What percentage of the games you purchase do you actually complete?

By complete, I suppose I mean beating 100% of a title, unlocking all extras/completing all sidequests as well as the main game. Of course, you could interpret completing the game's Season or Story mode as completion too.

I complete about 15-20% of the games I buy 100%, simply because I prefer my games either lengthy or difficult, and fail to fully complete them as a result. I do, however, complete the main bulk of 90-95% of the games I play.

Maxico
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I only complete about half of my games.

Masami
06-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Once I start a game (RPGs at least), I can't not finish them and feel right. Some games I stop playing for a while then get back to, but I eventually beat all of them. As for extras, it depends on how much I like the game and how fun the extras are.

Kirobaito
06-23-2004, 07:19 PM
I'd probably say that I finish about 80% of my games all the way through, with the added extras and stuff.

Xander
06-23-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm silly and always buy games then not play them, or not for agggges. But so far all the games I've bought for my PS2 I've finished or almost finished. Okay so that was only Kingdom Hearts, FFX and FFX-2 but... yeah. But I don't usually finish games 100% although I almost did everything on Kingdom Hearts.

black orb
06-23-2004, 08:06 PM
>>> Almost all of them 95%, I dont have money to buy lots of games so I reply most of my stuff..

Zifnab
06-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I complete about 90% of the games I get. I don't include games I buy, dislike and sell off. If a game doesn't grip me after a few hours playing it'll tend to get pushed further back until I decided to play it again some months later.

ForgottenAngel
06-23-2004, 08:26 PM
games are so expensive now if I buy one then by God, I'm gonna finish it, come hell or highwater! :p
I don't usualy complete the game 100% as in side quests, sometimes they can be a real pain! The only games I've ever really finished are FF7, FFX-2, and KH.

Ouch!
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I beat almost all of them, and then I usually go back again and get most everything else.

Rainecloud
06-23-2004, 09:23 PM
75-100%, but only the main game.

*votes*

If I really love the game (Eg - Final Fantasy VII), I'll attempt to find all the secrets and finish it thoroughly. If I'm not a huge fan of the game, I'll probably finish the main game and leave it to gather dust.

But, I'm not really "into" games these days.

Lord Chainsaw
06-23-2004, 09:55 PM
I've probably only completed less than half of what I actually own.

Being that I have a hefty stack of NES games I don't even know I have, much less played (Elevator Action? WTF? When did I buy that?) I haven't really completed a lot of my games.

Some of those games are just so hard. Battletoads for one. Damn, it will be a cold day in hell before I beat the fire cavern in that game. Ninja Gaiden 3 on the NES: they gotta be joking if they want you to beat the whole thing in a handful of continues. Skullmonkeys? Evil Engine No. 9 is hell I tell you.

Then again some games I have suck so much I just don't want to finish them. Morrowind. Maybe some people like it, but I think it sucks. golden sun. I can't torture myself long enough to finish the Venus Lighthouse. FFX-2. The game wasn't fun the first time, it certaintly isn't fun the third time because I messed up and skipped some scenes.

Some games get all my attention, despite the fact that I've beaten them an incredible number of times. I don't know how much time EarthBound has sucked from my life even though I must have finished it 5-6 times. Mystic Quest is the same way. I could devote my time to new efforts, but no, these games just keep calling me back every now and then.

Then there's finally the batch of games that I've played for 5 minutes and never touched again. Karnov, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Suikoden 3 and Splinter Cell all fit in this category.

Lindy
06-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Everything, absolutely everything, at least eventually.

If I hate it, or I beat it, hate it, don't want to play it again, then I sell it and it's not my game any more, so I don't have to worry about it. Thankfully, I rarely buy games I hate, except for when I bought Devil May Cry 2, which I took back on the monday after finishing it completely over the weekend, then stupidly swopped it for Splinter Cell on the PS2, which I also hated and so sold that for Freelancer, which I love and still do to this day.

Ok, and so I never finished Teppo Oyuri's quest on Seven Blades, so what? The game was crap, and that final boss was HARD.

And I'm still in the process of beating Viewtiful Joe and getting Rainbow Vs on everything and Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes with Big Boss rating, just give me some time, please?

edczxcvbnm
06-23-2004, 10:58 PM
I would say I have beaten about 99% of the games I own. Most all games are piss easy so its not that hard. The 1% I don't have done are the games I am currently playing and games that I have started to not give a flying :love::love::love::love: about.

Star Ocean 2(PSX)(sucks), Silent Hill(PSX)(Scares the shit outta me) are about the only games I have stopped giving a damn about and never beat.

I am working through Gun Valkrye, Valkrye Profile, Otogi, Jet Set Radio Future, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder. These are the few games I have not beaten and am working through.

In my percentage I did not include my NES games because those games were made to never be beaten due to insane levels of difficulty(Little Nemo the Dream Master) or that they acutually never end(duck hunt).

Oh and I don't go for every unlockable in the game. It just is a waste of damn time. I use to do it but now that I play more games and have more things to do...there is just no time. I also lost interest in it(I think its one of those things that comes with age).

Lord Chainsaw
06-25-2004, 01:53 AM
What part of Little Nemo was difficult?

The only challenging level in that game was Nightmare Land, but even that wasn't too hard when you had a scepter and could blast anything.

I remember I used to have trouble with Little Nemo when I was younger. I could never pass the second level. But a few years ago I played through it again and got past the second level. After that it was smooth sailing all the way to the end. I'm not saying it was an easy game, but it was far from being difficult.

I do agree though that some of those NES games were never meant to be beaten.

I just bought a new NES game yesterday called Krion Conquest. They give you 3 lives to beat the game on. I got to level 1-2 before shutting the damn thing off.

Another fine example is Time Lord. I don't know if it was just my copy, but there was this giant Mexican at the end of the second level that I must have pelted 500 times with my pellet gun and he didn't die. Seriously, I counted the shots. I lost track after 400 something.

How about Wizards & Warriors II: Ironsword. Everything is all fine and dandy until Ice Fire Mountain where your continues mysteriously vanish. I'd like to see someone get through that and beat Malkil's four elementals on one continue.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these NES games were test-played all the way through.

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 02:29 AM
i usually complete all my games, but jsut the main game. i cant say 100% though because of the last few games ive gotten jsut sucked really bad, like FFX-2 and Crash Nitro Kart. what was up with nitro kart? am i jsut 2 old for that stuff now?? 'cos i remember crash team racing being so much fun when i was in like 4th or 5th grade...

Rase
06-25-2004, 06:50 AM
75-100%, but only the main game.

Pure Strife
06-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Only GTA:VC really, everything else I just do the main bit and the od sidequest if it looks fun.

Eplebit
06-25-2004, 03:53 PM
I rarely finnish 100% in games, as I often can't find the motivation for doing so. When the story is over and the last boss is killed, I usually have a few days left before the motivation for playing the game is lost.
I also can't say that I've even played through the main story of many of the games I own, simply because I haven't had time. I have a bad habbit of buying a game when I find it cheap, and as a result I have more games than I have time to play. But I do intend to finnish all of them some day :)

Doc Sark
06-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I finish most games, the main game. 100% wise I think only FFVII and Pro Evolution 1,2 and 3.

Mr. Graves
06-26-2004, 12:02 AM
0-25%. I'm easily distracted.

Meat Puppet
06-26-2004, 11:52 AM
I get bored of them quickly. Only games that have kept my interest have been GTA3 & VC and the two Oddworld psx titles.

Cuchullain
06-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Slowly getting more of the games completed; I'd say over the years I've completed about 40% of the games I own. Some, like the pinball games "Dragon's Fury" and "Dragon's Revenge," are just too long without saving to complete *wishes they'd bring those games out on a next gen console*

SpiritWolf
06-30-2004, 06:13 AM
About 50 percent of my games I complete. I tend to play it for a while, get stuck, than move on to a differant game. Then after about six months I'll come back to that game and breeze through the part I was stuck on and beat the game.