PDA

View Full Version : La Pucelle: Tactics

Yuzuki130
06-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Has anyone played the Strategy RPG called La Pucelle: Tactics? It's from the makers of Disgaea and it just came out this month. Personally, I think it's a great game, but not as good as Final Fantasy Tactics! :D There are plenty of mixed opinion about this game, what's yours?

That was smart... I forgot the "I" in Tactics Sorry 'bout that! Now we have a misspelled Thread name... **feels stupid**

Please don't double-post, use the Edit/Delete button to correct your post, if you want to add more. I'll fix the title of the thread for you :) ~ Xander

black orb
06-24-2004, 03:55 AM
>>> Im kind of interested on this game and not because is the Disgaea`s prequel. In fact, I never played Disgaea.
anyways here is a review of the game
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/pucelle/reviews/pucellestrev1.html

Yuzuki130
06-24-2004, 04:21 AM
WOW! Finally a person that doesn't say "Oh La Pucelle, the prequel to Disgaea!" I have never played Disgaea either and don't plan on it. (No offense Disgaea fans!)

Black Mage
06-24-2004, 04:45 AM
I've played and beaten both.

La Pucelle was good in its own right, but definitely wasn't as polished as Disgaea was.

I did enjoy it, throughly, especially recruiting the bears. :P

Also, it allows me to appreciate Great Overlord Prier, and the origins of her attacks, in Disgaea.

Behold the Void
06-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Disgaea is a good game, I'd highly suggest it.

I'm actually playing it right now, so La Pucelle: Tactics shall have to wait.

Oh yes, and does anyone else besides me know that "La Pucelle" means "The Maid" and was one of the titles given to Joan of Arc? Some interesting useless trivia information.

Yuzuki130
06-24-2004, 05:05 PM
It actually means "The Maiden" or "The Virgin". As in the "Maiden of Light" who is a key figure in the game. Behold The Void, I hope you won't be dissapointed when you play this game because people have told me that it is a little less advanced than Disgaea.

Kirobaito
06-24-2004, 05:27 PM
I haven't played La Pucelle or Disgaea, but my friend (Lander) has and thoroughly enjoyed both. Though I watched a little clip of Disgaea and thought it was enormously stupid. :p