PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied with the ending?

Yuzuki130
06-24-2004, 02:36 AM
(Assuming you've seen the perfect ending of FF X-2) If FF X-2 never came out, would you have been satisfied with the ending? I sure wasn't...

Storm
06-24-2004, 04:26 AM
Just to let you know, there is an FFX-2 forum which this should be discussed in. And no, I haven't seen the ending since I stopped playing that game after 20 minutes.

Evil_Cloud
06-24-2004, 06:16 AM
Yuzuki is talking about the Final Fantasy X ending, not X-2.

She is asking would you have been satisfied with the Final Fantasy X ending if they had not made the X-2 sequel.

Jecht Shot
06-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah. Actually, I probably would've been happier had they not made X-2 (though I'm playing through it now and enjoying it; storywise I just don't think its neccessary). I kinda like the "sad" ending of FFX, and felt there was enough material there (particularly when you talk to the fayths and consider a couple of earlier scenes) to come to your own conclusion about what happened.

Cloudane
06-24-2004, 09:28 PM
The 'event' was certainly hinted at a lot, so it wasn't too difficult to assume it would happen (even if you didn't get to see it in X-2 - it's not a 'different' ending anyway, it's exactly the same, you just miss out on the scene where Tidus returns unless you finish the game properly)

It was as satisfying as any normal FF ending... as in, not very :p but that's always what gets you thinking and imagining.

Storm
06-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Yuzuki is talking about the Final Fantasy X ending, not X-2.

She is asking would you have been satisfied with the Final Fantasy X ending if they had not made the X-2 sequel.

If that's the case, then I thought the ending to FFX was fine. It was an emotional and sad ending, but there was no need to make a sequel of it.

-N-
06-25-2004, 02:47 AM
Concur with above. I liked FFX's ending.

Ouch!
06-25-2004, 04:28 AM
FFX should have been left as is. It was really the first time they weren't afraid to end it on a sad note. I thought the ending was much more emotional as it was. FFX-2 ruined that.

Dark Matter
06-25-2004, 07:32 AM
Something's missing............ :(
What's it?

SeeDRankLou
06-25-2004, 07:53 PM
The events of FFX-2 don't change what happened at the end of FFX. The end of FFX still happened, and is still as sad as it was when I finished FFX-2. It's just that when FFX-2 was introduced, the end of FFX just became the midpoint of the FFX saga.

I compare this to the Lord of the Rings books. The first book ended an a rather sad and disheartened note. And then you read the other two books and everything is happy at the end (well kind of). But that doesn't change the end of Fellowship of the Ring, it merely extends it. That feeling that you felt at the end of the first book isn't thwarted by the advent of the other two books.

The end of FFX-2 in no way ruined or changed the end of FFX. Tidus's journey and Yuna's journey were seperate, greatly intertwined, but seperate.

kikimm
06-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Wow, this is weird. I JUST got finished watching the ending for the second time a few minutes ago. Yeah, I just beat it two days ago, but there were kids screaming all around the house, and i couldn't really focus on it. But I took advantage of the time I had alone, and watched it.

Okay, enough with that, back to he question. I actually have to say that i wish squareenix hadn't made x-2, or even thought about it. The story is much more emotional, and hard-hitting without it. I hate that they had to go and give it another ending, because I'm sure a lot of people were upset about 'it'. Usually, I HATE HATE HATE sad endings, but for some reason, this I loved. It fit so perectly. Spoiler::: the whole damn thing was about eventually losing Tidus, right? Then to suddenly get him back? I don't know...I might just pretend that x-2 never happened. :) I'm still not sure I want to play it.

I wish they had just left it how it was. I'm still not done crying. I don't remember crying that much in a long time.(maybe I'm a sap, but it really hit me hard) It was so beautiful. From now on, I'm rpobanly jst going to repeat myself, so I'll stop here.

Storm
06-26-2004, 07:31 AM
I don't know...I might just pretend that x-2 never happened. :) I'm still not sure I want to play it.

I recommend that you do not play it. Playing 20 minutes of FFX-2 has scarred me for life.

freaky
07-18-2004, 03:16 PM
I never played FF X-2 =(

Just one thing about FF X-2 , yuna " revives " tidus again ?

Del Murder
07-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Check this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=48079) out for info about the endings of FFX-2.