PDA

View Full Version : Is There Any Place To Sleep On Disc 4?

arylonthedancer
06-24-2004, 04:11 AM
I am in Ultimecia's Castle and my GF's are running low on HP. Does anyone know of any place I can go to rest. Also, is there any way to get back to the Ragnarok so I can fly about the world again? Mainly so I can get to FH and upgrade my weapon.

Lehteb
06-24-2004, 04:40 AM
It's been awhile, but if you go out of Ulti's Castle onto that big ol' chain, with the 3 passages... goin out the second door will take you to the middle of Centra, where there is a :choc: chocobo :choc: forest (its really kinda hard to find, i think try the north edge, i do know its by the sea) and you can ride the chocobo across some water and make it to the ragnorock that way. sadly, all towns and villages are sealed off, but you can still fly around and all. and we have some friends inside, for what any true final fantasy 8 player would do when the world is about to end. Play Cards!!!! :choc: :choc: :choc:

ShivaBlizzard8
06-24-2004, 05:45 AM
The easiest thing to do is use a tent at the save point outside of Ulty's castle. If you're all out of tents try refining them from cards or items or using the GF Tonberry's skill "Call Shope" or whatever its called to buy items without going to a store. Hope that helps. :)

nik0tine
06-24-2004, 01:08 PM
if you dont use your GF's i THINK as you walk around they will gradually restore hp but i cant remember. at this point in the game you probably shouldnt be using GF's to much anyways. you will never beat ultimecia using your GF's, its impossible.

Rusty
06-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Oh and when you get the Ragnarok, theres a guy on there, he's a weapon and item shop. You can upgrade to all the final weapons and that. Also he has all the cards you missed throughout the game if you want to play cards with him :)

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Oh and when you get the Ragnarok, theres a guy on there, he's a weapon and item shop. You can upgrade to all the final weapons and that. Also he has all the cards you missed throughout the game if you want to play cards with him

oh really? so you DONT have to beat the CC group to get all the cards you missed? he will have them??

Ireng
06-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Actually, you can find the Queen of Cards somewhere south of Lunatic Pandora. The spot canīt be seen, nor it is marked on the map, so it is very difficult to find her. She stands next to a weird capsule that apparently saved her from time compression.She is the one that weilds all rare cards, even character ones.

arylonthedancer
06-26-2004, 01:04 AM
How did you hide the spoiler with your font? That's mega awesome.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Spoiler tags can be created around text by putting [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] around the text you wish to hide. Just remove the spaces between the word "spoiler" and the bracket [] to make it work (had I done that my explaination would have been hidden - lol). In the future, its better to ask these kinds of things in the Help Forum: http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20
:)

admat97
06-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Tent heals humans...Pet House for GF

Rusty
06-28-2004, 10:14 AM
oh really? so you DONT have to beat the CC group to get all the cards you missed? he will have them??

You can if you want, but yea he has all the cards you missed throughout the game, the rare cards, the gf cards etc.

But it'd still be good to try and beat the CC card group :)

Ireng
06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
But it'd still be good to try and beat the CC card group
Hell, yeah. It is reallyfunny to discover who the CC King is. Nah, I'm not telling :tongue:

Trumpet Thief
07-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Hell, yeah. It is reallyfunny to discover who the CC King is. Nah, I'm not telling :tongue:

But I am...

*Spoiler*----------------------

Quistis is the card King

*Spoiler*----------------------

You couldn't fight the urge, could you? *Mwahahahahahahahahaha*

PhoenixAsh
07-05-2004, 09:48 PM
The guy on the Ragnorok gives you ALMOST all the rare cards, you get the Queen of Cards Quest cards from the Queen herself I believe (really don't recommend it as she plays stupid rules from what I remember, though I guess it's a lot easier than the quest itself).
The Ragnorok guy actually gives you cards you've refined too, meaning you can refine a card, play him and get it back. Repeat for EXTREMELY easy stat levelling.

dman
07-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Really? What sort of stat levelling items can you get from cards? You mean str-ups etc. right?

BG-57
07-10-2004, 04:45 AM
You can refine these items from cards using Card Mod and then refine the items into stat boosting items using Forbid Med RF:

Ward -> 3 Gaea's Rings -> +10 HP (3x)

Minotaur -> 10 Adamantine -> +1 Vit (2x)

Edea -> 3 Royal Crowns -> +1 Mag (3/10x)

Irvine -> 3 Rocket Engines -> +1 Spd (3/5x)

Bear in mind you can also boost stats using Devour on Ruby Dragons (+ 10 HP), T-Rexaurs (+1 Str), Behomeths (+1 Mag), Malboros (+1 Spr), and Adamatoises (+1 Def).

dman
07-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh that seems to be a lot of work. Still prefer the good ol' "sell Mega Potions till you drop" trick ;)

mitchellmeek
02-08-2005, 09:32 PM
i recommend getting the tonberry king GF from odins house (defeat twenty tonberry's and he'll appear, should probably get odin first coz ur on a time limit) and teaching it call-shop and call-junkshop. this way, even on disc four, you can call any shop that you visited during the game through the abilities menu. extremely valuable on disc four when everything is shut off.

yeah, to get ragnarok on disc four, go through middle door (i think, which ever one it is you'll come out at a huge forest) then head north until you find a chocobo forest. grab the chocobo then head north to a mountainous continent. work your way through the mountains to a clearing and the ragnarok will be waiting!

Skyblade
02-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Junk Shop is one of Doomtrain's abilities. The abilities Tonberry learns that have to do with shopping are Call Shop, Haggle, Familiar, and Sell-High.

BTW, will the card guy have the Pu Pu card if you refine it?