PDA

View Full Version : Dual/Triple Techs

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-24-2004, 07:48 AM
What would you normally use, Techs, Dual Techs, or Triple Techs? I usually ended up using only single techs like Luminaire and Dark Matter by the end of the game, myself.

NM
06-24-2004, 10:49 AM
By the end of the game I only used single techs as well.

For the most part though the double techs were useful especially for healing the whole party. But the triples by the time I had them weren't really worth using as I could do more damage with each character individually.

-N-
06-25-2004, 01:38 AM
I would do double/single - Antipode 3 + Luminaire, for example. But yeah, by the time you have 3 Gold Studs and ** Magic, single techs are the way to go.

Oddly though, I got Crono+Frog+Robo Triple Tech at LV20 or something - like as soon as I entered Magus's Castle. So I abused that quite a bit.

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 06:37 AM
The doubles are useful when you first start out. I never found much use for the triple techs other than they look cool.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-26-2004, 08:20 AM
In boss fights, Triple Techs are the best.

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 05:02 PM
I'd rather use everyone's ultimate tech because it does more total damage and you don't have to wait for everyone's bar to fill. Except for Marle because Ice2 is her most damaging one, so if she's around I double her up with someone for Cube Toss or Antipode 3 or something.

-N-
06-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Using single techs also leaves your party less vulnerable to needing healing - if you're using Triple techs, your opponent can just cockslap you silly while you can't do anything about it.

Chibi Youkai
07-05-2004, 05:40 AM
I prefer to use a mix or single and double techs. Never really experimented with triple techs as my favourite party was Crono, Marle, and Magus.

Triple T
07-17-2004, 01:44 PM
I use Dual Techs a lot. However, against enemies such as Zeal(2nd fight), it's not a good thing.

When I face Lavos, I use Single Techs. With Crono's Luminaire and Lucca's Flare, it ensures a fast victory.