PDA

View Full Version : "Gruesome" food facts

Flying Mullet
06-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Today's society eats so much crap it's sickening. What are some "gruesome" facts about food that you know. For instance:

<i>Leaving a nail in Coca-Cola for four days will just about completely dissolve it.</i>

<i>Most hot dogs are made from the leftovers of processing meat, including intestines, minor organs and meat scraps.</i>

<i>Jello contains ground up bones.</i>

I would like to know exactly what we're eating lately.

Rainecloud
06-24-2004, 06:30 PM
<i>Most hot dogs are made from the leftovers of processing meat, including intestines, minor organs and meat scraps.</i>

And that's why they taste so darn good.

<i>Black Puddings, a popular product over in the United Kingdom, are made from congealed blood.</i>

<i>Most milk products contain cow pus.</i>

Disgusting, no?

Dr Unne
06-24-2004, 06:31 PM
They call black pudding "blood pudding" here, so that's not much of a surprise.

Rainecloud
06-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Well, if they called it that over here, the suckers wouldn't buy it.

ForgottenAngel
06-24-2004, 06:37 PM
:x_x: arg, I think I just lost my appetite forever.
*stares at hot-dogs* ewww, you're made of the rejected meat...but no one would tell you

Meow
06-24-2004, 06:42 PM
<i>Leaving a nail in Coca-Cola for four days will just about completely dissolve it.</i>

Similarly, it's said that Coca-Cola's ubiquitous soft drink doubles effectively as an engine cleaner, which troubled me greatly until i recalled that the Hydrochloric acid produced by the human stomach can dissolve steel.

<b>EDIT:</b> The gelatin that comprises Jell-o is actually made of what the industry titles "hide trimmings," or extraneous animal tissue. However, it's purified so intensely into collagen that the end result isn't even considered a meat product; vegetarians can safely eat it, unless they've taken to their particular calling in antipathy of animal cruelty.

Erdrick Holmes
06-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Great, now I'll never eat pudding again.

Rase
06-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Ehhhh, I'm gonna die eventually anyway. *chows down*

Lehteb
06-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah, the Coke thing isnt a new idea. I have personally used it on the corrosion on my car battery more than once in order to make my car start.

Lets not forget that Caffeine is one of the most addictive substances known to mankind.

I just ate some fishsticks, I do not want to know what is in those.... :choc: :choc:

Rye
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Doesn't bother me, really. The only thing that really bothers me when I'm eating is if the thing I am eating actually looks like it did before it was cooked (like shrimp) or if it has a bone it in. It disgusts me.

Misfit
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Doesn't bother me, really.
Yeah, I think now everything just sounds THAT MUCH MORE GOOD! Mmm cow pus. *eats cheese*

Logan
06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
I hardly drink milk because of that, and same goes for hot dogs.

ZeZipster
06-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm glad I only drink Pepsi...

Dixie
06-24-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm glad I only drink Pepsi...And I'm glad that I only drink Sierra Mist! I'm never eating Jello again.

Sword Chucks
06-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Go to www.snopes.com under the Cokelore section to see the truth about some Coke rumors. I can tell you right now that most of that is either not true or exaggerated.

Chaos
06-24-2004, 10:51 PM
I just ate some fishsticks, I do not want to know what is in those.... :choc: :choc:

Think 'everything BUT fish' and you'll be halfway there.

Jelly (Jello if your American) has something from cows hooves in doesnt it? Same with that nice nice nice Mr Whippy Ice cream you get. Yummo.

I don't drink much coke, so the corrosive powers dont really bother me.

And in my local kebab place, a key ingrediant of the mayonaise was semen. Until the health inspectors came into the picture anyway..

Chaos

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 12:36 AM
And in my local kebab place, a key ingrediant of the mayonaise was semen. Until the health inspectors came into the picture anyway..

Chaos

ahhh no thats horrible! thats an atrocity. did you eat any?

Lord Chainsaw
06-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with pig intestines.

In the days of the Greeks, after they'd poured their libations and sacrificed the thigh bones, they'd roast the intestines and eat them.

At least, that's what I gather from The Odyssey.

Fuzakeru
06-25-2004, 04:25 AM
I ate Chinese and the 'Kung-Pao Chicken' was 'Kung-Pao Kitty'. -grins evilly at Leeza- :)

Shlup
06-25-2004, 06:18 AM
<i>Jello contains ground up bones.</i>
Many foods contain ground up bones, especially candy. Skittles, marshmallows, Starburst. "Gellatin" is made of the ground up bones and scraps of animals.

Also, the FDA allows up to 2% of each hot dog to be rat feces.

And Coke can dissolve pretty much anything. It makes a great cleaner.

BottledJustice
06-25-2004, 06:42 AM
There's a chemical called “propylene glycol,” which is found in most fast food restaurants’ salad dressings in order to maintain moisture. The chemical, however, also comes with cautions and warnings that it may cause skin and eye irritation if exposed to the human body, is more commonly used as “Sierra Anti Freeze” coolant for cars, and is also found in Astroglide Sexual Lubricant.

I'm so glad I son't eat fast food salads. ;)

Giggles
06-25-2004, 06:49 AM
My dad knew a guy who worked at a canning factory, and they peed in the pea cans. Now we never buy peas in a can :D

Sakura Li
06-25-2004, 06:53 AM
Crap! It's just a jk!Lol! :laugh: dr. pepper!

Rusty
06-25-2004, 07:46 AM
I am never eating jelly again. But the coke thing doesn't bother me, I have known for serveral years now about what coke does.

Oh meat pies are supposed to contain camel meat in them :)

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Shlupquack:"Also, the FDA allows up to 2% of each hot dog to be rat feces."
WHAT!? i like hotdogs...

also, i hear that soda cans contain mercury.

Nait
06-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh meat pies are supposed to contain camel meat in them :)

That's ridiculous, you might as well say that pillows contain pure diamonds. :cry:

War Angel
06-25-2004, 10:15 AM
OMG, meat is actualy DEAD ANIMALS, and salads contain DEAD PLANTS! :eek:

*Starves*

Rain
06-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Food is food, be it bits of cow hooves or blood.

If it doesn't kill me and tastes good, who cares?

Cuchullain
06-25-2004, 10:45 AM
In a McDonalds, don't be suprised if they cleaned the grill with Sprite or nother drink from the machine; works better at cleaning the grill than the grill cleaner.

Rusty
06-25-2004, 02:01 PM
That's ridiculous, you might as well say that pillows contain pure diamonds. :cry:

Its true, there even was a report on the news about it.

Silmaril
06-25-2004, 02:07 PM
DarniT! I'm hungry now.

Maxico
06-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Things found in mcdonalds burgers:
maggots
Rats
*Used* condoms
mexican workers (Not kidding, a mexican immegrant worker fell into the meat processing factory and got spread through so much meat that they would lose too much money to not sell it.)