PDA

View Full Version : Scary games

Yrkoon
06-24-2004, 10:09 PM
just curious if any one has actually played games that are unsettling or scary :P

my vote goes for clive barkers undying that game is the only game ever to actually scare me while playing it its pretty unsettling especially with head phones on and in the dark :P

m4tt
06-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Back in the day, the Doom games always scared me. Diablo II still scares me when I go into a boss room.

Erdrick Holmes
06-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Mary Kate and Ashley's Magical Mystery Mall. :ph33r:

Yrkoon
06-24-2004, 10:31 PM
LOL nice one joel im willing to bet that game would make me crap it if i had to play it :P

Rainecloud
06-24-2004, 10:53 PM
There was a game called "Lost Eden", which I used to play regularly on my PC. Although the game was not horrific by any means, it was slightly disturbing. In the second section of the game, Adam was required to visit the Crypts of the Fortress he was born in. An FMV of this crypt revealed a passageway which contained human bodies that had been immersed in concrete. Their 'poses' at time of death were captured for all to see, and they're not very pleasant. The music that accompanied this level was also quite scary.

Reading this post has made me want the game again. I think I'll go and buy it from E-Bay.

Xander
06-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Eye of the Beholder games always used to scare me. And Ecco the Dolphin. And games in space. And bosses. In general. I was scared of lots O_O

Erdrick Holmes
06-25-2004, 01:18 AM
DooM scares me ever to this day. Same with Quake I. Doom 3 will probably be the scariest game but I'll still buy it.

aeris2001x2
06-25-2004, 02:43 AM
resident evil 1 on the psx was very scary. the music was so atmospheric. its also the only resi evil game thats remotly scary.

however NOTHING i,ve played or watched is as scary as the SILENT HILL seris. :eek:

actually after this there is probably nothing i,ve played at all thats scary.

black orb
06-25-2004, 06:27 AM
>>> Kingdom Hearts and Harry Potter Games.. Pure Evil!!

Rase
06-25-2004, 06:49 AM
Well, I don't tend to play horror genre games, but I have played The Suffering at night in the dark. That made me sweat more than a little.

I usually get scared and tense when playing the Thief series. The undead aren't nice. :(

aeris2001x2
06-25-2004, 02:45 PM
actually project zero was pretty terrifying. :eek: ahh trying to kill the devil with a camera!!!

i heard forbidden siren was absolutly terffiying as well.

Eplebit
06-25-2004, 04:29 PM
System Shock 1 and 2 have to be the the most scary ones. I still have nightmares about beta groove in System Shock. And I remember my girlfriend sneaking up on me while I was playing SS2, and then lying her arms around my neck. I got so scared that it actually hurt. My nerves flew out of the window every time I played those games...

I also think the Silent Hill games are damn scary. And I actually did fall of my chair when the dogs jumped through the window at the start of Resident Evil. That was the last time that I've tilted the chair backwards while playing a game... But other than that, I've never found the Resident Evil games to be scary.

Cuchullain
06-25-2004, 07:14 PM
The only game I thought was truly scary was Project Zero. Play that on a stormy night with no lights on *shudders*

Masami
06-25-2004, 07:55 PM
The Silent Hill games creep me out. They rarely actually scare me, but there have been a few occasion. This is partially because I want to be scared though, so I make myself more vunerable to it. I love being scared by games/movies/books and so on.

Levian
06-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Silent Hill :) All of them.

It's the running around in buildings part. Running around in the open doesn't scare me, but once they go inside buildings. :cry: The bathrooms really freaked me out. Stupid bathrooms. Something always happens in bathrooms, and it's almost scarier if it doesn't :mad:

Yuzuki130
06-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Silent Hill and RESIDENT EVIL 3: NEMISIS! Those games scared me sleepless!!! On another note, in Final Fantasy VIII, I got SERIOUSLY freaked out when Edea falls through the stained glass in the auditorium of Galbadia Garden! I actually screamed... :)

Mr. Graves
06-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Silent Hill 1. Scariest game I've ever played.

Rase
06-26-2004, 06:49 AM
OKay, well, I don't think the whole game is scary, but man, the Cradle level in Thief: Deadly Shadows is freaking scary. It has some of the most unsettling sounds I've heard.

Babies crying.
Woman Crying.
Little Girls Crying.
Men Sobbing.
Undead Groaning and Wandering Around.
Insane Laughter.
Demonic Sounding Growls.
Woman Screaming, as if in Pain.
Loud Pounding.
Somone's Heartbeat.

Plus, for a lot of the level you have no weapons or items, and must use only the shadows to protect yourself.
All this takes place in a Orphanage turned Insane Asylum that's haunted. Now, I know there are scarier games, but this is the most freaked out I've been in a LONG time.

*goes back to playing it.*

Storm
06-26-2004, 08:37 AM
One game that really creeped me out was something called Phantasmagoria. I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling, but it was a Sierra game.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-26-2004, 10:42 AM
silent hill series
resident evil series

both earn their right respectfully to be named the scariest games I played

try playing 12 at night...with the lights off...thats freaky!!

nik0tine
06-26-2004, 06:05 PM
i found resident evil to be scary when i was younger. resident evil 1 mostly. in fact resident evil one is still pretty darned scary... have you seen the opening movie?? that acting scares my pants off!

Erdrick Holmes
06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Oe part in Silent Hill 3 that spooked me a bit was the part where you see a table with dolls on it, you go away from it to do some stuff and you come back, all of the dolls heads are missing except one and that one has a knife in it's hand.

Fuzakeru
06-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Resident Evil 1 and Ecco the Dolphin ( the one for PS2 ).
I swim a lot ( living on the beach and such ) and the fear of drowning haunts me so when I play that ADORABLE dolphin and he starts to run out of air I flip out. . . . especially when I was fighting that HUGE freakin' shark in one of the first levels. -pouts- I never did finish the game due to that.

Oh! Yeah!! And Koldelka ( misspell? It's been so long ) for the PS. I think I had like thirty heart attacks playing that game. X_X;

Edgar
06-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Fatal Frame!
I was watching my friend play this game, IN DAYLIGHT WITH MINIMAL SOUND, and we both got terribly spooked. Then...evening came, boy, that was the best.

Thief series.
I hate it when I have to fight those zombies. It seemed a light game but towards the end, it got creepy...'Cradle mission in Thief --- Deadly Shadows'

kikimm
06-27-2004, 03:27 AM
The only creepy thing I've played is Silent Hill 2. I've never really jumped out of my seat....although a lot of the times, even when I open doors I jump. I'm pretty sure that that's not what's supposed to scare you, but hey. I wouldn't really call it scary, at this point (I've only played for about 3 hours), but it's definitley disturbing. The part where you first meet Eddie, and he won't stop throwing up..*shudders*. I just started getting into these kinds of games though, so I can't say much.

:D

Casey
06-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Diablo II still scares me when I go into a boss room.

lol.

Well, Silent Hill games, there some what ''scary'' especially when you like play it during the night, with no lights on and the surround sound system up high.

Rase
06-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Thief series.
I hate it when I have to fight those zombies. It seemed a light game but towards the end, it got creepy...'Cradle mission in Thief --- Deadly Shadows'

*air high five*

I feel ya.

Edgar
06-27-2004, 06:53 PM
*high air five's back* :P

The outside Cradle room was filled with wierd noises...I was so spooked until I decided to Alt Tab and browse GameFAQs. Then I found that there really is NOTHING!

Man, I felt so pathetic at that time :D

Rase
06-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, that was freaky. It's all in your head, for a while at least. Then you start finding some insane undead to keep you company.