PDA

View Full Version : How does Reeve control (UNMARKED SPOILERS!)?

DJZen
06-25-2004, 06:18 AM
So how did he do it? How did Reeve control Cait Sith? Obviously he can control him while carrying on a conversation people, and when he became impisoned, he was able to maintain control. So how in the world could he have possibly done it? Discuss.

Erdrick Holmes
06-25-2004, 06:43 AM
I'd say he had some sort of remote device impl;aneted in his body.

CloudDragon
06-25-2004, 09:02 AM
I think there was some sort of Artificial Intelligence involved where Cait Sith could move on its own, but where Reeve could see everything that was going on and whatnot.

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 09:14 AM
i think square jsut wasnt really thinking about it, thus creating a lot of loopholes.

Zifnab
06-25-2004, 11:17 AM
I've always imagined him having some sort of device inserted inside his head so that he can control him sub-conciously. It must have been difficult, what with him controlling his own body, that of Cait and the big white thing he rides around on.
Before I knew it was Reeve I just imagined a random Shinra Manager in a VR machine.

Dark Matter
06-25-2004, 01:39 PM
If "control Cait Sith" materia refers to "manipulate" materia....
.....I'll choose this one....

Big D
06-26-2004, 01:34 AM
If "control Cait Sith" materia refers to "manipulate" materia....
.....I'll choose this one....I agree. It's likely some form of materia, a crossover between magic and technology you might say. Using a type of magic to remotely maipulate a machine.

There's definitely some kind of 'transmission' involved, though, since 'Cait Sith signals' were able to disrupt the Highwind's systems occasionally - whenever Reeve was making a frantic, urgent attempt to get in touch. These signals could be in the form of magical energy for all we know.

-N-
06-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Dude, remote control is so 20th century. It's all about autonomous operation, like the Global Hawk. *made it* :D

Del Murder
06-27-2004, 03:04 AM
I like the materia idea but I think it has to be some kind of remote.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-27-2004, 09:13 AM
It's all about them rubber bands.

Seriously though, I agree with the materia idea.

Heath
06-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Like Big D said, I think a cross-over between manipulate and some sort of technology. After all, I doubt manipulate materia would allow Reeve to control what Cait says. Maybe a manipulate materia controlled Cait while Reeve used somesort of long-range walkie talkie? :D

Zifnab
06-27-2004, 03:49 PM
We never really see materia used within technology other than to give it power (Mako power) or during combat (Mako Cannon, Palmer's Mako Gun, regular materia). Just like we don't see people use fire materia to light their stoves, I can't see Cait Sith being controlled by materia, especially when he's part of such a technologically advanced corporation.
The cat he rides on was "magically brought to life", which could be a from of materia, though it sounds more like pixie magic to me.

DocFrance
06-27-2004, 04:18 PM
A wizard did it.

HOOTERS
06-27-2004, 04:40 PM
They couldn't land a man on the moon so they sure as hell couldn't control a cat on a mog by remote. Reeve was just hiding inside the mog (why the big zipper?). He had a robot that looked like him in the Shinra building that he contolled by magic from the mog. :smash:

Dragoon Kain
06-27-2004, 04:47 PM
They couldn't land a man on the moon so they sure as hell couldn't control a cat on a mog by remote. Reeve was just hiding inside the mog (why the big zipper?). He had a robot that looked like him in the Shinra building that he contolled by magic from the mog. :smash:

but then wouldnt reeve of died when cait sith 1 sacraficed himself?

HOOTERS
06-27-2004, 05:03 PM
...no.

Shoyku
06-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I'll go on a limb and say evil has taken a role here.

Shoeberto
06-27-2004, 11:27 PM
In Soviet Russia, Cait Sith controls you.

MJN SEIFER
07-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Reeve got imprisiond? When did that happen?!

Shoeberto
07-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Sometime on the second disc, when the Shinra higher-ups realize he's helping Cloud and co.

MJN SEIFER
07-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Oh Yeah Thanks!

Trumpet Thief
07-03-2004, 07:22 PM
I chose by remote control, as it just sounds right. Materia would be really weird, from what I think.

Nanakiroth
07-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Okay, Okay, Okay... let me straighten this out...

Cait Sith was captured by ShinRa, but he was all dirty, so they let him go for a shower. He kept his megaphone in the locker (That is why it is there on the game) and instead of water coming out, it was sleeping gas. They then implanted a chip into his head that made him think that Reeve was controlling him, and Hojo cloned him again incase the first one broke. They made him think that it was Reeve who was controlling him because it is obvious that nobody in ShinRa likes him and they all wanted an excuse to imprison him. The End.

:mog: :mog: :mog:

UltimaLimit
07-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Maybe Reeve has an assistant or something. (Hence the hillbilly talk.)

Ravin
07-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Well, me? I think it's a magic, like confuse or something, Because later on in the game, Cait Sith helps out Cloud and the others. And as many FF gamers know, status effects are bound to wear off sooner or later so I'm going with magic.

Jolts
08-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Didn't he say it was some sort of radio control?

They couldn't land a man on the moon
Yes they could, they just abandoned the idea.

I always pictured it like a virtual reality suit type of thing. Reeves was in some hidden room walking and moving around to get Cait Sith to move, and the giant Moogle suit always mimicked what Cait Sith did, so I suppose their circuits were connected.