PDA

View Full Version : Cids in it

zacks_clone
06-25-2004, 05:48 PM
not sure if someone has already out this up (i hope not,and if so im sorry to RE post it. to excited to check). Two new scans!One has Cid!

http://mokkori67.free.fr/0625-2.jpg

http://mokkori67.free.fr/0625-1jp.jpg

The Aerith/Cloud shot reminds me of FF8. Maybe this is in clouds mind,seeing how all the fog gets rid of anything else

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Oh, good. I was starting to get worried.

I just hope he doesn't only appear in flashback form; his appearance doesn't seem to have changed at all. But, then again, neither has that of Reno or Rude, and they're obviously playing active roles.

Zifnab
06-25-2004, 06:08 PM
The Turks fighting the silver haired men. Should be worth watching, even though they're kind of getting their arses kicked by the looks of it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Well, they are the Turks. They tend to be perfectly badass right up until the moment when the actual fighting begins.

Zifnab
06-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Well, they are the Turks. They tend to be perfectly badass right up until the moment when the actual fighting begins.
But they usually lose with such style. :(

Evil_Cloud
06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
I think they did a very nice job with Rude's appearance, but they could have made Reno look less like a woman, IMO.

zacks_clone
06-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I think they did a very nice job with Rude's appearance, but they could have made Reno look less like a woman, IMO.

I dont really see how he looks to much like a woman,but he does look quite pale and feminem,and what his job was/is shouldnt leave him looking like that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Reno has always looked that way, though. I love how he's been rendered in AC, since I loved how he looked to begin with and nothing's really changed about him.

Loony BoB
06-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Cid doesn't look that young. Nice to see Red XIII in there, too, although I'm not sure if that's old news or not. I guess we'll see everyone, then. Well, er, not sure on Cait Sith... xD

As for Reno looking feminine, I disagree. For Final Fantasy, that is a very, very manly face. Seriously.

zacks_clone
06-25-2004, 09:58 PM
we have yet to see Yuffie,i think.and Cid wasnt young to begin with.I believe he was in his 40's,and the oldest party member*next to barret,maybe)

Loony BoB
06-25-2004, 10:32 PM
we have yet to see Yuffie,i think.and Cid wasnt young to begin with.I believe he was in his 40's,and the oldest party member*next to barret,maybe)
Yeah, I meant relatively young, as in he doesn't look like he "hasn't aged a bit." At least, in my opinion. I'd say he's put a few years. Tough picture to pick it from, mind you.

HanaKirei
06-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Isn't Barret older than Cid? Wait, somebody mentioned Cait Sith - he's in there? O.o I can't spot him. *cluelessclueless* As glad as I am to see Cid, Red XIII, and all those others...I honestly won't be completely satisfied until I see Yuffie. XD; Even a cameo shot, whatever. Just so long as she's in it, I'll be a happy camper.

Big D
06-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Cid is 32, Barret is 37 - in FFVII, anyway. It's rather doubtful that Cid perished from old age...

Cid's definitely not looking like a flashback, though. He's got some distinctive changes to his costume in those pics.
The Aerith/Cloud shot reminds me of FF8. Maybe this is in clouds mind,seeing how all the fog gets rid of anything elseInteresting observation:)
I'm guessing that'll be an encounter either in Cloud's dreams, like you suggest, or at the Promised Land itself. We know that Aeris can speak to people in their dreams, so that's a possibility...
That setting - the misty flower field - reminds me of the Farplane as seen in FFX and X-2...

Edit: I truly, deeply, sincerely hope that the Turks' suits are actually the same navy blue that they wore in FFVII. They look black in those AC screenshots. I'll be really disappointed if they've been re-designed just to look like generic MiB/Matrix clones.

Lord Xehanort
06-26-2004, 01:36 AM
Rude is white? WHAT!?!?!

Big D
06-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Nope, he's got dark skin in those pictures. Glad to see his trademark sunglasses are still there. He's also got a bit more of a goatee, and now an earring too.

Lord Xehanort
06-26-2004, 01:40 AM
D, I don't agree with you on this one. Rude looks dark compared to Reno, but so would a piece of paper. Rude is white in this!

Trumpet Thief
06-26-2004, 03:13 AM
Phew, I was real worried that they would have this move without the best character: Highwind. Man Rude looks cool!

Starcrest
06-26-2004, 03:20 AM
I agree, he does look white

Loony BoB
06-26-2004, 06:18 AM
He wasn't a very dark skinned person in the game, so if the sun was shining he'd look the same as a white person would in the shade. You might note that everything in that picture shows that the sun is shining. He doesn't look white for that reason. I can see how you'd think that, though. Reno's skin shows the obvious difference. There's no way Square would make that kind of cockup. =P Even they're not that bad.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Rude has always been white. And if you look at the artwork from FFVII, he's always had the earring and goatee. Some people.

It does look like the Turks' uniform has been changed from blue to black, though. This even seems to be the case with Before Crisis.

Big D
06-26-2004, 11:36 AM
And if you look at the artwork from FFVII, he's always had the earring and goatee.He's got more of a goatee than before, is what I said.

Since when was he caucasian, anyway? He never had especially dark skin, but he wasn't the same iridescent pale shade as Reno. He has a darker skin tone than any character except Barret, so far as I could tell... and he still looks the same in the AC pics.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-26-2004, 12:19 PM
He is a little darker than everyone else, but he's still well within caucasian range.

Wrexsoul
06-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I always figured Rude just had a nice tan going on.. *shrug*

Note the top Reno picture, where he's wearing the headset... could it be that he's piloting something...?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Hopefully not Proud Clod Mk. II.

HOOTERS
06-26-2004, 05:13 PM
I always thought Rude was black in FF7, meteor must have given him a serious tan. I can't wait to see who the pirate guy with the white face turns out to be. Cloud's father maybe?

Wrexsoul
06-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I always thought Rude was black in FF7, meteor must have given him a serious tan. I can't wait to see who the pirate guy with the white face turns out to be. Cloud's father maybe?

*sniggers* I always get a kick out of that silly pirate guy...

DMKA
06-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Omg...Rude...I must see this for him, if nothing else. They did a fantastic job on him.

And I dunno about you guys...he still looks black to me like he always did...even moreso in this pic...or maybe my colors off? All I know is I love the way he looks yay. :love: I don't care too much for Reno's appearance though...gah.

I can't wait for better shots of Cid and Red XIII, because these don't offer too much other than the happiness from assurance that they'll be showing up.

I really do hope all those shots with Aeris are flashbacks/dreams/illusions/ect...it does look that way but still...thats the only thing thats worrying me about this.

-N-
06-26-2004, 11:35 PM
I am very pleased with these shots. Too bad the Turks are getting their asses kicked, it seems. Cid is back, Nanaki too... this looks like it will be good. The Turks are rendered excellently.

Starcrest
06-27-2004, 03:58 AM
cept Reno looks REALLY white, like, whiter then a normal white person

And if nething, Rude was tan, but not dark enough to be black

Evil_Cloud
06-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Is the dark haired woman in the first picture supposed to be Tifa?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Yes, that's Tifa. Relatively old news.

DJZen
06-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Hopefully not Proud Clod Mk. II.

Agreed, only one man deserves that honor.

Erdrick the Hero
06-27-2004, 03:40 PM
seriously guys, you need to get your eyes checked. Rude is black. Black people can be different shades of black. Yes he is a light shade of black but no where close to white. if anything hispanic, but not white.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Look and see.

HOOTERS
06-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Well, according to that picture, Tseng is hindu and Reno is suffering from anorexia. Rufus is also clearly gay.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2004, 05:13 PM
But we already knew all that.

Wrexsoul
06-27-2004, 10:30 PM
...not just anorexic... more like a recovering herion addict, maybe. ;)

I would concede that Rude is black, if his nose were flatter and something more like Barret's.. but seeing his profile, he has a pretty prominent nose. So maybe Hispanic..... hey, Rude could be from Costa!

Lord Xehanort
06-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Rufus is also clearly gay.

I don't notice any homosexuality depicted by this picture.

DJZen
06-28-2004, 12:10 AM
And since WHEN do straight people have THAT much fashion sense?

DocFrance
06-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Cid is in it. Time to call off the Kill Bill-style massacre of Square-Enix.

-N-
06-28-2004, 01:19 AM
*sheathes his Hanzo sword*

Damn.

I like Rude's pocket square in that picture. Classy.

DocFrance
06-28-2004, 02:25 AM
*sheathes his Hanzo sword*
Nah, in order to truly avenge Cid's honor, we'd have to use spears. Besides, spears are better than katanas any day.

Shoyku
06-28-2004, 02:38 AM
But nothing beats the Megaphone...

Ouch!
06-28-2004, 02:55 AM
I say we send SquareEnix an email inquiring as to Rude's ethnicity. So we can get the lame response, "Thank you for showing interest in our product valued customer, but we cannot comment on your question at this time." Yeah, some crap like that. Who wants to do it?

Shoyku
06-28-2004, 02:55 AM
How about you?

Ouch!
06-28-2004, 02:56 AM
Why would I waste my time doing something like that when I can find someone else to do it for me?

Shoyku
06-28-2004, 03:00 AM
Possibly because you could've gotten it over with by now, while getting someone else to do it would only be a bigger waste of time?

Starcrest
06-28-2004, 03:23 AM
lol truely...but s/he probably doesn't wanna do it bcause s/he'll feel like an ass and doesnt' wanna feel dumb

Big D
06-28-2004, 03:26 AM
Maybe Rude has mixed-ethnicity parentage?
It's not unheard of.

Rinoabella
06-28-2004, 04:42 AM
Is it just me, or is Reno hot?

DocFrance
06-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Maybe Rude has mixed-ethnicity parentage?
It's not unheard of.
Maybe Rude's ethnicity doesn't really matter at all? It's like discussing whether Squall is Jewish or not.

Erdrick the Hero
06-28-2004, 11:28 AM
SQUALL IS JEWISH???!?@?

Does that mean his real name is Squall Leonhartinstien?

I would concede that Rude is black, if his nose were flatter and something more like Barret's.. but seeing his profile, he has a pretty prominent nose. So maybe Hispanic..... hey, Rude could be from Costa!

anyway... all black people don't have big noses so you should stop looking at the police stencil and actually look around at black people around you.

Lord Xehanort
06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
And since WHEN do straight people have THAT much fashion sense?

Huh? He's clothed in black boots, white pants, white trench and black fingerless gloves. How is that homosexual? :confused:

Cloudane
06-28-2004, 06:08 PM
I was too busy noticing Cloud and Aerith standing in a flower field somewhat reminiscent of the ones in FF8 and X-2.

It's nice to see Cid and Nanaki seemingly in it :)

Wrexsoul
06-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Huh? He's clothed in black boots, white pants, white trench and black fingerless gloves. How is that homosexual? :confused:

You forgot the turtleneck.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-25-2004, 03:06 AM
yeah, the FF "stand in a field of pretty flowers" thing is getting REALLY overdone. I say, we politely ask that FFXII's scene be a nice little seedy 1 hour motel on the corner or something. I'm sure the nice people with the ESRB would LOVE that one! *Grin*

Bloody_Valentine
08-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Is it just me, or is Reno hot?

Its not just you.....I think hes hot to... :D

pieman2000
10-11-2004, 11:58 AM
I really hope that you two are female, cause that would just be weird!

sayen
10-19-2004, 03:49 PM
cids cool but he also has the worlds LONGEST LASTING CIGAR :eek: i hope hes still smoking in advent children. his spear is cool though :D. but most of the time people get the feeling cids just an old git with a bad temperment