PDA

View Full Version : Your Final Team?

Dragonfire
06-26-2004, 02:46 AM
I've only played thru once, I never actually beat the game, because the first time I went thru I didn't know you actually needed 3 good groups at the end. (I rarely read walkthroughs the first time thru a game). I ended up quitting because I didn't feel like leveling up the rest of the characters. When I got into the tower, I just thought I could send 1 really super charged group and 2 really half-assed ones, like you can do the rest of the game. :D

so anyway, what's everyone's favorite/best teams?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have the following left at the end: Locke, Terra, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Relm, Mog, Umaro, Setzer, and Gogo (assuming you get everyone)

and how far you level them.

Outsider
06-26-2004, 04:40 AM
You can get Strago too.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Let's see...

One team that I really like is Mog, Cyan, Umaro, and Gogo/Gau, preferably Gogo as I REALLY don't like Gau. Equip Gogo with an automatic skill, but if you want to use Rage you're better off with Gau more than likely.

One team is my all star team which usually consists of Locke, Terra, Edgar, and Celes, just because those are the "main" characters on the basis of being able to hold the Illumina and the Ragnarok.

The other team usually consists of Sabin, Shadow, Strago, and Setzer. One of those might be traded for Relm, since she works well with Strago.

Armisael
06-26-2004, 08:12 AM
my final teams are usually:1)celes,locke,terra,shadow.all in level 99.(i love that team)2)sabin,edgar,cyan,setzer.my second favorite.3)relm,strago,gogo and moogle(equipped with moogle charm of course!)i believe that if you have learned ultima with 1-2 characters of each team it won't be difficult to get to the end.

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 06:00 PM
My leaders are Mog, Terra, Sabin. The parties vary but here is a usual breakdown:

People who auto-fight so I can spend time charging SwordTech party:
Mog
Cyan
Shadow
Umaro

Lore learning party:
Sabin
Gogo
Strago
Relm

The kick-ass party:
Terra
Locke
Edgar
Celes

I try to make sure each party has the ability to steal.

nik0tine
06-26-2004, 06:13 PM
I just thought I could send 1 really super charged group and 2 really half-assed ones, like you can do the rest of the game.

that is what i did. it took me a long time but i jsut kept leaving hte place and re entering, putting the strong characters in harms way, and the weak characters in the areas teh strong guys had already cleared.

Edgar
06-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Here's my team first time I played the game:

Sabin was level 89 or so, the highest level guy in the team. Sure, 89 is waaaaaay over kill. He was equipped with the good ole' Genji Glove + Offering.

Shadow was 40+. I liked him because throwing stuffs seemed to actually deal damage.

Edgar was 42+, liked his drill but most of all that debilitator.

Terra was 35+. I didn't wanna level her up much since your know, Morph doubles your damage? That coupled with Edgar's debilitator...

Celes is 35+ probably is my next favorite due to her Runic abilities. HOwever, Runic does get more useless till the end :(

Gogo (50+) is next because he is...a mimic =/ Though his stats suck but...hey, at least I know I can rely on himfor many stuffs.

Gau (32+) might be next. Catscratch just rocks...and his other rages rocked too. Leveling him up is a pain tho at times.

Locke (40+) is nice to have to steal all the goodies for Shadow to throw (yeah, I threw my rare collection of swords away). Capture rocks. Wonder if anyone tried zombying Locke with Valiant Knife just when he was low on hp?

Strago (28+) is low on my list. Might be because I hate blue magic.

Relm (28+). Urg?

Umaro (35+) This guy packs a punch. Too bad he can't be controlled...

Setzer (28+) My SNES emulator has a problem with the slot but GP Rain is good at the end of the levels :P, thanks to the Cactus I fought many times. 10k GP each ;)

Overall, I sorta kicked Kefka's ass with one casaulty (stupid instant death). My team is: Sabin, Edgar, Shadow, Terra (Terra died, replaced by Celes, luckily)

I know my team was way overpowered so I started another game and didn't bother to level up. YES, it is possible to win when you are around level 35. I've done it, so can you :)

Dark Jester
07-08-2004, 06:01 AM
I didn't have Ragnarok or Illumina, or any of the good stuff. :(

I used Locke, Edgar, Celes, Gogo in my main party. Everyone else sucked, i didn't level them at all. I dunno how i got thru, mainly throwing stuff, bum rush, and swordtech.

In the end, i dunno if anyone died, i just used Economizer/Gem Box and whored on Ultima-Quick, Ultima-Ultima-Ultima-Quick etc etc.