PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man's 17th Anniversary

Storm
06-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Yesterday, I picked up the Mega Man Anniversary edition for PS2 which contains all of the 8 original Mega Man games. For the past month, I have been absolutely obsessed with these games.

Discuss which of these games (Original and X series) are your favorites, which you found the tougest, your favorite characters and bosses, and which bosses you found to be the most challenging. Discuss whatever you like to celebrate the 17th anniversary of one of the greatest game series of all time.

For myself......

Favorite Game: Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X2
Favorite Character: Vile from Mega Man X and X-3
Toughest: Mega Man X4 (The Final Sigma can be very irritating to kill with X)
Toughest Boss: Violen from Mega Man X2 (The big guy with the spiked ball and chain)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-26-2004, 08:59 AM
I like how they kicked up the nostalgia factor for the Anniversary Edition by bringing back the terrible American-made cover art from the NES and SNES era. I would have bought it by now if I could have stood to look at that abomination.

Favorite game: Rock Man 3 and Rock Man X.
Favorite character: Either Zero or Sigma. It would have been Blues if he weren't such a Racer X rip-off.
Toughest game: Rock Man 4. I never got past Ring Man.
Toughest boss: Ring Man.

Outsider
06-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Favorite Game: MegaMan X
Favorite Character: Proto Man (I love his theme song) and Zero
Toughest: MegaMan 4 and MegaMan 2
Toughest Boss: Last Sigma (MMX, I never even got near to defeat him)

Storm
06-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Toughest game: Rock Man 4. I never got past Ring Man.
Toughest boss: Ring Man.

Yep, I nearly die every time against Ring Man, even with the charged up Pharoah shots. What's even more discouraging is going through Ring Man's long and difficult level again. I hate fighting those gigantic hippos on the stands, although Bright Man's weapon works well for defeating them.

Erdrick Holmes
06-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Favorite Game: Megaman X6
Favorite Character: a tie between zero and X
Toughest: x6
Toughest Boss: Final Sigma in X6

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Favorite Game: 3 and X2
Favorite Character: Flip-top!
Toughest: 1, hard to get the hang of when you're used to the extras from the other games
Toughest Boss: Wiley from 6, that game asks you to do too much in one fight

Lord Chainsaw
06-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Mega Man is great. By far one of the greatest series ever. I haven't been in a rush to pick up the Collection, simply because I already own 1-8, but I'll get it simply because I'm a collector.

After much thought, I've come up with the following:

Favorite Mega Man: Mega Man 3. This is by far the pinnacle of the Mega Man series. Excellent game. I enjoyed it so much I played it up until I could finish it on one life. My favorite X game is Mega Man X4.

Favorite character: Sigma. It's all about Sigma. He's such a badass. I love the way he tells you he's gonna keep coming back in Mega Man X7. He's always got a weakness to lightning. Something I barely figured out about Sigma: That symbol under the maverick's energy bars in the X series is the greek symbol for the letter sigma. I always thought it was just a sideways M for maverick. This barely hit me a few weeks ago when I played EarthBound again.

Favorite music: Mega Man X2. Yeah, Mega Man 3 had some awesome music, but X2 had the best. Flame Stag has the coolest stage music of any boss, Zero's theme was awesome, and the first and second X-Hunter levels were also great.

Favorite Stage: Snake Man. Got to be Snake Man. I don't know why I find this stage so much fun. It's challenging to get through without taking a hit, but very possible.

Favorite Robot Master: Gemini Man. He's fun to fight and has the coolest and most innovative theme of any robot master. I always lay a beat down on him first when I play Mega Man 3.

Hardest Boss: This is a tough one. I'm torn between what I consider the two hardest bosses in Mega Man. They are, of course, Wily from Mega Man 7 and Sigma from X4. I can't honestly say which is harder. Both represent the absolute toughest fights of their respected villain.

Hardest Robot Master: I've beaten every robot master MM 1-8 with the plasma shot. That said there have been some fairly difficult bosses. However, there is no contest as to which robot master is the most difficult with the plasma shot. That is, of course, Slash Man from Mega Man 7. He's an absolute nightmare with the plasma. I didn't use charge shots on him, so it was even worse. Shadow Man is pretty difficult, but if you aren't using the charge shot, Slash Man will always be harder. Second time I fought him in Wily's level you can bet your ass I used the freeze cracker on him.

Hardest Stage: Some tough ones are Turbo Man, Ice Man, and Quick Man. The hardest for me is Heat Man's though.

Hardest game: Mega Man 7. A few things make it hard. 1) Four energy tank limit. 2) Slash Man 3) Turbo Man's stage 4) Skull Compound 5) Wily and his DAMN ELEMENTAL ORBS!

Coolest power: Metal Blade (Metal Man MM2). Maybe it should be cheapest power.

Suckiest power: Charge kick (Charge Man MM5). Seriously, I can't think of a single time in my days of Mega Man 5 that I actually put this thing to use. Those time stopper moves aren't that far behind in suckitude either.

That's all I can think of.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2004, 04:26 AM
Favorite music: Blues's theme, Zero's theme (both parts) from RMX, Storm Eagle's stage music, and the first two ending songs from RMX (the one with X standing on the cliff and the one with the curtain call as X runs along the highway).

Storm
06-27-2004, 05:06 AM
I'll add some more of my favorites here:

Favorite Stage Music: Shadow Man, Storm Eagle, the introductory stage in Mega Man X2, the first and second Doppler fortress levels in Mega Man X3, The Skiver in Mega Man X5.

Favorite Stage: Snake Man, Spark Man, Shadow Man, Clown Man, Tengu Man, Spring Man

Del Murder
06-27-2004, 05:55 AM
I like to whistle Protoman's theme.

Outsider
06-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Favorite music:
Armored Armadillo stage
Proto Man Theme
Top Man stage
MegaMan 3 Title Screen
Gemini Man stage

Captain_Spaulding
06-27-2004, 10:43 AM
The Gemini man is the best of them all. Sexy, sleek, debonaire. Truly a master. I mean he sits there, all high and mighty with his fancy hat and is like, "Im Gemini man, doth ye dare to attacketh me?." and youre all like, "No way Gemini man, youre too cool/intimidating with your awesomeness."

Case in point!

Erdrick Holmes
06-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Best music is the begining intro music to MMX6. Period

Storm
06-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Best music is the begining intro music to MMX6. Period

Is X6 really that good? I've been looking all over the city for a copy of it, but I cannot find it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Is X6 really that good?No (http://www.toastyfrog.com/features/games/megaman_x6.shtml).

Vermachtnis
06-27-2004, 09:09 PM
I liked the new Bubble Man's music and that Megaman Drum and Bass you unlock, that's pretty cool.

Forté's my favorite character. He's so fast in Rockman and Forté.

My favorite one is Megaman 3, nothing is cooler then those Shadow blades and X4 Zero's got some wicked moves.

I think the original Megaman is the hardest, that yellow deman is annoying along with the Gutsman and Iceman level.

My favorite lvl. is Centaurman that upside down water is cool.

The voice acting in 8 is so horrible it's laughable, but other then that I like the game.

Storm
06-28-2004, 01:38 AM
No (http://www.toastyfrog.com/features/games/megaman_x6.shtml).

Wow, that's one pretty harsh review. I have heard rumours from some people that Mega Man X6 is ridulously irritating.....not difficult, but irritating. Nevertheless, I probably will still pick up the game to complete my Mega Man collection.

Has anyone tried Mega Man X7 yet? I looked on the back of the PS2 box, and observed that it was in 3-D! I can't imagine how much more difficult that would make things.

Lord Chainsaw
06-28-2004, 04:29 AM
Wow, that's one pretty harsh review. I have heard rumours from some people that Mega Man X6 is ridulously irritating.....not difficult, but irritating. Nevertheless, I probably will still pick up the game to complete my Mega Man collection.

Has anyone tried Mega Man X7 yet? I looked on the back of the PS2 box, and observed that it was in 3-D! I can't imagine how much more difficult that would make things.

X6 is bad, but it isn't as bad as X5. About the coolest thing in X5 was Sigma's final form. X7 is considerably better than X6, but it still isn't very good at all.

While X6 does not have the annoying day deal, it does have some terrible stages, that bastard High Max, and these DAMN ANNOYING SQUIDDY ROBOTS THAT ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!! Seriously, about the only enemy you'll be killing in X6 is this yellow squiddy guy. Whoever said it was irritating said right. Some of those stages are just irritating, specifically Rainy Turtloid's. The boss isn't any less irritating.

As for X7, it isn't much better. For some reason, Zero is absolutely worthless in X7. The saber is complete crap compared to the ranged weapons of Axl and X. The 2D portions of the game are alright, but where the game truly suffers are the 3D segments of the levels. Some of the bosses are also complete crap too such as "Vanishing Gungaroo". When the hell did Flame Mammoth and Crystal Snail turn into Duff McWhalen and "The Skiver"?

Chzn8r
06-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Mega Man is great. By far one of the greatest series ever. I haven't been in a rush to pick up the Collection, simply because I already own 1-8, but I'll get it simply because I'm a collector.

After much thought, I've come up with the following:

Favorite Mega Man: Mega Man 3. This is by far the pinnacle of the Mega Man series. Excellent game. I enjoyed it so much I played it up until I could finish it on one life. My favorite X game is Mega Man X4.

Favorite character: Sigma. It's all about Sigma. He's such a badass. I love the way he tells you he's gonna keep coming back in Mega Man X7. He's always got a weakness to lightning. Something I barely figured out about Sigma: That symbol under the maverick's energy bars in the X series is the greek symbol for the letter sigma. I always thought it was just a sideways M for maverick. This barely hit me a few weeks ago when I played EarthBound again.

Favorite music: Mega Man X2. Yeah, Mega Man 3 had some awesome music, but X2 had the best. Flame Stag has the coolest stage music of any boss, Zero's theme was awesome, and the first and second X-Hunter levels were also great.

Favorite Stage: Snake Man. Got to be Snake Man. I don't know why I find this stage so much fun. It's challenging to get through without taking a hit, but very possible.

Favorite Robot Master: Gemini Man. He's fun to fight and has the coolest and most innovative theme of any robot master. I always lay a beat down on him first when I play Mega Man 3.

Hardest Boss: This is a tough one. I'm torn between what I consider the two hardest bosses in Mega Man. They are, of course, Wily from Mega Man 7 and Sigma from X4. I can't honestly say which is harder. Both represent the absolute toughest fights of their respected villain.

Hardest Robot Master: I've beaten every robot master MM 1-8 with the plasma shot. That said there have been some fairly difficult bosses. However, there is no contest as to which robot master is the most difficult with the plasma shot. That is, of course, Slash Man from Mega Man 7. He's an absolute nightmare with the plasma. I didn't use charge shots on him, so it was even worse. Shadow Man is pretty difficult, but if you aren't using the charge shot, Slash Man will always be harder. Second time I fought him in Wily's level you can bet your ass I used the freeze cracker on him.

Hardest Stage: Some tough ones are Turbo Man, Ice Man, and Quick Man. The hardest for me is Heat Man's though.

Hardest game: Mega Man 7. A few things make it hard. 1) Four energy tank limit. 2) Slash Man 3) Turbo Man's stage 4) Skull Compound 5) Wily and his DAMN ELEMENTAL ORBS!

Coolest power: Metal Blade (Metal Man MM2). Maybe it should be cheapest power.

Suckiest power: Charge kick (Charge Man MM5). Seriously, I can't think of a single time in my days of Mega Man 5 that I actually put this thing to use. Those time stopper moves aren't that far behind in suckitude either.

That's all I can think of.

Nice post ;) I understand a lot of that, being a huge fan of the series myself.

Favorite: 6 and 3
Hardest: 3
Easiest: 2 (I mastered it at the young age of 7 :p). And X1
Favorite "man": Tomahawk man, Gemini Man
Favorite music: Tomahawk Man, Boomer Kwanger, and MEGAMAN 3 INTRO MUSIC!!!
Least favorite "man": I always thought "Dust Man" was pretty stupid.
Favorite stage: Any of the second-part stages in Megaman 3. Or Pharoah man.
Least favorite stage: Gutsman. Just blah
Hardest stage: Quickman. Even with the Flash beam, those instant-kill beams are HARD to get through.
Coolest idea in a stage: Waveracing in Waveman's level
Hardest post-area/castle thingy: 3
Yeah, that's all I can come up with for now.

Moose Knight
06-30-2004, 02:41 AM
I'm mostly a fan of the older games, like MM1, 2 and 3. Here I go.

Favorite Game: MM2.

Favorite Character: No. It was stupid how they kept adding new characters in every game. It was fine how they had bass in MM7 or Zero from the X games, but beyond that its just stupid.

Favorite "man": Quickman is a total badass, but I guess magnet man is pretty cool too.

Favorite Music: Anyone who says something that's not MM2 is insane and stupid. Wily's first level is the Beethoven's 5th of video game music. Absolutely nothing is better than it.

Toughest: All the games I own were pretty easy. I can't beat 7, but that's only because its the rom and you're not supposed to play megaman with a keyboard.

Hardest Boss: You have to be pretty good at dodging to beat the yellow demon from MM1.

Chzn8r
06-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Hardest Boss: You have to be pretty good at dodging to beat the yellow demon from MM1.

Wow, I'm like the only person who never had trouble with this one. Even at 10 years old :p

And dude- come on, MM2 Wily level 1 is great... in fact really great... but... Megaman 3 intro REPRESENT!
Come on, if anything deserve's the "Beethoven's 5th" award it's that one ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
When I played the first game I beat the Yellow Demon in one hit with the Thunder Beam and the pause glitch. Simple stuff.

Lord Chainsaw
06-30-2004, 07:39 PM
The Rock Monster/Yellow Devil isn't very difficult to beat.

You need to jump in place rather than jump forward. If you jump forward you're gonna get smacked. The one thing that can be annoying about him though is the randomness of where his eye will appear. Sometimes it will be too high for you to hit with the plasma buster, provided you are trying to beat him with it. If you decide to use the elec beam on him, then he's much less frustrating since you will be able to connect hits no matter where he decides to manifest his eye.

In Mega Man 3 he is a little bit harder. I say that only because of his transition from the left side of the screen to the right. Instead of going one block at a time he will break down all at once and bounce to the other side. To this day I have not discovered how to avoid it. The battle consists of me trying to hit him 24 times before he wears me down with this one attack. With the hard knuckle, as with the Elec Beam in MM1 he is considerably easier. You can get right up in his face and pound him with two hard knuckles for every time he appears. You will take damage from the shot he releases from his eye, but it won't matter much. You'll do about 10 to him and he'll do about 2-3 to you.

Endless
06-30-2004, 08:17 PM
My favoritres: MM1 and MM3 on GB. Nothing on Snes/PSX really made me want to finish the game compared to these. Nothing complicated or fancy, just simple action and weapon collecting, cursing at the first boss (and at Enker and Punk), sliding to cold death on Ice man's level, and of course, kicking some Wily arse.
Fav boss: Quick Man or Punk

I'm really looking forward to the rerelease on GBA of the GB games (curse you Capcom for delaying it!)

Moose Knight
06-30-2004, 09:57 PM
The Rock Monster/Yellow Devil isn't very difficult to beat.

You need to jump in place rather than jump forward. If you jump forward you're gonna get smacked. The one thing that can be annoying about him though is the randomness of where his eye will appear. Sometimes it will be too high for you to hit with the plasma buster, provided you are trying to beat him with it. If you decide to use the elec beam on him, then he's much less frustrating since you will be able to connect hits no matter where he decides to manifest his eye.

Well, its not like I can't beat him. It was merely hard for me because you can only hit him once each time his eye appears (I think, if not then tell me), and each flying piece does damage equal to 1 elec shot, so if you're trading hits with him you'll end up dead. And the fact that there's no energy tanks is a factor.

Oh yeah, if you use the pause glitch its extremely easy. But really...is that even FUN?

And dude- come on, MM2 Wily level 1 is great... in fact really great... but... Megaman 3 intro REPRESENT!

Oh yeah, that's another really good one. It rules when it speeds up. Definitely a classic megaman tune.

Storm
07-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I'm playing through Mega Man X5 at the moment, and so far I haven't been at all impressed. The eight mavericks were far too easy to defeat, even without using the fourth armour.

The fortress bosses are just annoyingly cheap too.

Chzn8r
07-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Ummm, we're not talking about the X series, though I guess you could. It's easily the inferior series :p

Megaman 5, on the other hand, which I was just playing earlier (I JUST GOT THE COLLECTION TODAY FOR $25, YIPPEE), is a damn fine game. Poorly underrated (along with 6). Great original ideas for boss names, levels, etc... and collecting a letter every level (spelling MEGAMAN5 and getting something out of that), adds the Rush Jetpack and Power Suit, etc... great stuff :cool:

Lord Chainsaw
07-01-2004, 08:23 PM
I do like Mega Man 5. It's my second favorite of the original Mega Man series. That's probably due to the fact that it was the first Mega Man game I actually owned. One thing I don't like about it though is how unoriginal the bosses of the first fortress are. They're all the same damn robots. I like to go through a fortress level and wonder what the boss is going to be. When I know it's going to be one of those annoying robots it sort of takes the fun out of it.

The levels are great, though. I like Napalm Man's jungle level with all that tiger BS. Gravity Man has a cool upside down feature. Crystal Man's level is so damn hard and annoying. Wave Man's is also awesome.

5 is just a spectacular game.

Dingo Jellybean
07-04-2004, 07:24 PM
I've been playing MMAC non-stop.

I've only beaten MM7 and MM1 so far and on the verge of beating MM1. The problem is Wily's 2nd stage, with those robots coming off the walls. They do so much damaga, it only takes 3 hits to destroy me. $#@%!!!

Shoeberto
07-04-2004, 07:34 PM
The only two Mega Man games I own are X on SNES and Wiley's Revenge for Game Boy. So I'm going soley on those two.

Favorite Game: Mega Man X
Favorite Character: Zero
Toughest: Dr. Wiley's Revenge
Toughest Boss: Dr. Wiley in Dr. Wiley's Revenge. I've never beaten that game without cheats.

I've played X so many times that there's really no challenge until the final Sigma...I've never been able to beat him.

Storm
07-05-2004, 12:04 AM
So far I've finished Mega Man 1,2,5 and 6 from the Anniversary Collection. The hardest game so far was the original Mega Man. Some things which made that game so hard were:

1. The controls in the game. It seems like you're on ice no matter what level you are on.
2. Even we you get damaged, you still cannot touch the spikes.
3. Getting damaged apparently allows Mega Man to travel through matter. Can anyone explain why you sink through those helicopter things when damaged? I almost trashed my PS2 at those part on Ice Man's level and Wily's first level.
4. Gravity appears to be about five times larger than in the other games. I don't know how many times I went to drop from a ledge and I was dead before I even had a chance to move my finger.
5. The Shadow Devil was really hard to dodge with the sluggish controls and the inability to slide. I tried to use that menu trick or whatever, but I clearly had no idea how to properly do it.
6. There is no possible way to dodge Fire Man's attack.
7. The enemies are all as irritating as they look. My least favorite are those sadistic looking flying helicopters with the big teeth and of course the helicopters you have to jump on that shoot bullets out of the side of their head.

edczxcvbnm
07-05-2004, 05:59 AM
I just want to be a jerk and say I celebrated the 15th anniversary 2 years ago. This is the 17th anniversary.

Storm
07-05-2004, 02:10 PM
You'd better e-mail Capcom and tell them to correct the mistake on all of their games.

EDIT: Well, I looked into the issue and Mega Man was first released in 1987. So I guess that would make 17 years. I find it strange that Capcom would claim that this is Mega Man's 15th anniversary (Look on the back cover of the anniversary collection).

MoonZapdos
07-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Favourite Games: Megaman Zero 1 & 2
Favourite Character: Zero
Toughest Game: Megaman X3
Toughest Boss: Alien Sigma in Megaman X4 *sigh*

Also... Megaman ROCKS!!! :cool:

Lord Chainsaw
07-05-2004, 09:51 PM
I've been playing MMAC non-stop.

I've only beaten MM7 and MM1 so far and on the verge of beating MM1. The problem is Wily's 2nd stage, with those robots coming off the walls. They do so much damaga, it only takes 3 hits to destroy me. $#@%!!!

I assume you speak of those one-eyed block robots that move from side to side.

If so, you can destroy them in one hit with the elec beam. The elec beam travels through them so you can usually destroy all of them on screen with a single shot.

edczxcvbnm
07-06-2004, 02:20 AM
You'd better e-mail Capcom and tell them to correct the mistake on all of their games.

EDIT: Well, I looked into the issue and Mega Man was first released in 1987. So I guess that would make 17 years. I find it strange that Capcom would claim that this is Mega Man's 15th anniversary (Look on the back cover of the anniversary collection).

That logo is 2 years old. I am pretty sure it was on MM Battle Network 2 and I KNOW it was on MM battle network 3(on the front as a matter of fact).

They are going to keep using that 15th anniversary logo until its the 20th anniversary. Its a buisness thing but that should stop you from doing the right thing and proudly proclaiming the correct anniversary of stuff like this.

Dingo Jellybean
07-06-2004, 04:38 AM
I assume you speak of those one-eyed block robots that move from side to side.

If so, you can destroy them in one hit with the elec beam. The elec beam travels through them so you can usually destroy all of them on screen with a single shot.

I was referring to MM2. :P

But thanks, I've already beaten MM7, MM1, MM2, and on the verget of beating MM3.

Chzn8r
07-06-2004, 06:21 AM
So far I've beaten 6, beat the 8 bosses in 2 and 5, and beat a few bosses in 1. (Just talking about my new Collection of course ;))

Storm
07-06-2004, 06:36 AM
They are going to keep using that 15th anniversary logo until its the 20th anniversary. Its a buisness thing but that should stop you from doing the right thing and proudly proclaiming the correct anniversary of stuff like this.

Meh, 15 years or 17 years......Mega Man deserves an appreciation thread any time.

I hope they release an X series anniversary collection soon. I can't find X5 or X6 for sale anywhere!

edczxcvbnm
07-06-2004, 07:33 AM
MMX5 is awesome...MMX6 I have not played but I heard it was not all that good. I think we will see a MMX collection next generation.

Moose Knight
07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I got MMAC recently and I really like it. I like MM7 especially, I never really realised how cool that game was.

But, MM8 is, unquestionably, the worst MM game ever made. I can't believe this piece of crap was even made. It ssucks how whenever you shoot, MM has to make some stupid noise with his voice (Like "hah" or "power shot"). I tried turning off the sound, but then my focus shifted to how cheesy looking the bosses were.

Dingo Jellybean
07-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I got MMAC recently and I really like it. I like MM7 especially, I never really realised how cool that game was.

But, MM8 is, unquestionably, the worst MM game ever made. I can't believe this piece of crap was even made. It ssucks how whenever you shoot, MM has to make some stupid noise with his voice (Like "hah" or "power shot"). I tried turning off the sound, but then my focus shifted to how cheesy looking the bosses were.

I have to admit, MM8 was not really that fun...but I haven't played much of it to give an informed opinion. I mean the graphics don't seem to be much of an improvement from Mega Man 7. The music isn't nearly as inspired as previous MM's...but I'll try to finish the entire game before passing judgement on it.

Chzn8r
07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Megaman 8's redeeming value is this one part (and I don't know if this happens more than once) where you have to go through this air part of a level, so Rush comes down and you're flyin on him, and then Fliptop comes in a hurls bombs at the enemies, and Auto comes in and shoots rockets at them, and Beat comes in and flies around messing sh1t up... it's so damn cool. You're like the invincible kick-all-asses team. Good times.

edczxcvbnm
07-06-2004, 07:12 PM
MM8 was great. It's MM7 that sucks.

Storm
07-06-2004, 07:41 PM

I actually like Mega Man 8 better than Mega Man 7. In Mega Man 7, it sounds like you are firing peas out of the Mega Blaster. I'll take the "hah" or "power shot" over the pea cannon.

The only thing about Mega Man 8 I really hate are the "Jump Jump, Slide Slide" parts and the horendous voice acting. Dr.Light sounds like Elmer Fudd.

I'm kind of annoyed that Capcom didn't include the game "Megaman & Bass" on the Anniversary Collection.

Dingo Jellybean
07-06-2004, 08:12 PM
I actually like Mega Man 8 better than Mega Man 7. In Mega Man 7, it sounds like you are firing peas out of the Mega Blaster. I'll take the "hah" or "power shot" over the pea cannon.

The only thing about Mega Man 8 I really hate are the "Jump Jump, Slide Slide" parts and the horendous voice acting. Dr.Light sounds like Elmer Fudd.

I'm kind of annoyed that Capcom didn't include the game "Megaman & Bass" on the Anniversary Collection.

Yeah, I would gladly give up the 2 Power Battle games for Rockman and Forte. That was probably the greatest Mega Man game ever...2-D at least, I still reserve that title to Mega Man Legends 2.

Lord Chainsaw
07-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Mega Man 8 was great. It doesn't matter if the voice acting wasn't all that good (somebody should have told that kid who was doing Mega Man's voice how to pronounce Bass) because I found the redeeming quality to be the gameplay.

The buying abilities thing was a step up from the buying items thing in Mega Man 7. I loved being able to really customize my Mega Man and build him the way I wanted him.

The levels were fun. Tengu Man's was my favorite, with the Rush Jet. Astro Man's was great too simply because of its heavy WTF factor. Sword Man's was cool because you got to choose your path. Aqua Man's was great because you could actually swim. The rest didn't really stand out, but they weren't that bad either with the exception of Frost Man and Skull Compound Station 1.

Mega Man 8 used to be my favorite Mega Man game when I was younger, but I've since then gone back to my preference of 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Moose Knight
07-07-2004, 03:13 AM
My gripe really isn't wholly the horrible voice acting, its really just...everything...

...I mean, come on...CLOWN MAN! I can't believe this doesn't strike anyone as at least a LITTLE bit cheesy or stupid. Oh no, CLOWN man, don't CLOWN me to death! The only boss that came any close at all to being this stupid was the spring based boss from MM7 (I forget his name) but at least some of the other bosses in that game were cool, and so was the music (Listen to the fist level/introductory music for proper post-NES megaman music).

Also, I can't even see what is so great about the gameplay. Instead of progression, it seems to be regression. For example, even in MMV, if you began a level holding the fire button, the mega buster would charge up. If you begin by holding fire in this game, nothing happens. Also, to get out of a slide, you have to press up in addition to jump, instead of merely jump as in previous games. Also, in this game, they have to resort to cheap anime sequences to hold the player's attention.

Maybe I'm just too much the kind of person who plays MM for nostalgia, as I've played no game that came later than X4 (which I didn't really like). Really, I doubt anyone read this entire thing. Oh well.

SomethingBig
07-07-2004, 03:26 AM
I've beaten Megamans 2-6. I believe I've beaten Rockman and Forte, as well. Then there are the first 3 MMX games. Out of all of those, MM2 was and is the best. Best music. Best bosses. Best levels. Best music. Challenging levels and bosses. Best music. It was just so. Friggin'. Good.

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2004, 07:03 AM
MM2...Challenging levels and bosses.

:chuckle: If you think any of those levels or bosses were challenging then you must really REEEEEEEALLLY suck at Megaman games.

Storm
07-07-2004, 04:25 PM
I found two levels challenging in Mega Man 2:

1. Dodging the lava lasers in Quick Man's level with no Flash Stopper.
2. Trying to jump on those disappearing blocks in Heat Man's level without Item #2.

Does anybody think those worm things in Mega Man 2 are disgusting? I hate how they just keep flying out.

Moose Knight
07-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Those worm things are cool. Except the metal blade owns them. And everything else.

SomethingBig
07-07-2004, 06:30 PM
:chuckle: If you think any of those levels or bosses were challenging then you must really REEEEEEEALLLY suck at Megaman games.

Every game was hard back in the day. Those disappearing blocks, trap floors, the lava lasers, and lots of other things were pretty dang tough.

edczxcvbnm
07-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Those 2 spots where the only instants in the game that showed a bit of difficulty. That quick man level was easy(use flash) and heat man(use item 2(as mentioned)). You can say 'buts its hard if you don't use it!!!!', but that isn't the game being hard...thats you making it hard. Thats like trying to beat the game without using a special power unless forced to. The powers are there to make it easy and its made for you to use them to make said parts easier. If you don't do these things then you made it hard on yourself.

All the bosses were unbelievablely easy to destroy. The only challenge is not to die on that one boss at the end of the game and beat him using mad skill left and right so you use the crash power juuuuuuuuuust right ;)

Lord Chainsaw
07-08-2004, 02:52 AM
There be nothing wrong with clown badguys.

Kefka was a clown and he was far from a bad villain.

I can't quite see what people like about Mega Man 2. Maybe it's because I grew up on Mega Man 3, but I don't consider Mega Man 2 to be one of the best. Some of the stages are more annoying then they are fun such as the Skull Compound Station 4 and of course Quick Man's level. Heat Man's was also annoying because there was absolutely no way to pass the blocks without either memorization or Item 2. The Metal Blade itself also made the game far too easy. I normally don't use the Metal Blade when I play simply because I feel horrible doing so.

I also have a bit of hatred for Mega Man 2 simply because it overshadows 3, which I feel is a far superior game.

Storm
07-08-2004, 05:23 AM
After playing through the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, I have quickly come to realize how superior the X series is to the original series. Most of the original games are just way too easy, with the exception of Mega Man and Mega Man 7. Nevertheless, it still was a good buy for 30 dollars.

Some random thoughts.....

1. I really wish they included Megaman & Bass on the collection. I've played it before, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The problem is, I can't find a ROM for it anywhere. Does anybody know specifically where it can be found?

2. Byte, the big robot, in Mega Man X3 is actually a huge pain, just like Violen from Mega Man X2.

3. I'm not a big fan of how they keep bringing Wily and Sigma back in every single Mega Man game. It would be nice to see them break from the tradition at least once.

-N-
07-08-2004, 05:58 AM
I've only played MM 4, 5, and X. But they were all fun. And the final bosses were almost impossible for me.

Del Murder
07-08-2004, 06:07 AM
It's tough to play the old games again once you're so used to the extras in the later ones.

Dingo Jellybean
07-08-2004, 06:11 AM
I was never really a fan of the X series, but I would buy the collection if they grouped them together. Maybe Megaman Soccer, MMX-MMX5 and Rockman and Forte included in MMAC2...but that's just wishful thinking.

I really loved the first 6 MM games. The first one was really poorly underated. You know the first game was a good game if the formula from it never changed much in the series.

Moose Knight
07-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I also have a bit of hatred for Mega Man 2 simply because it overshadows 3, which I feel is a far superior game.

I too was introduced to MM through MM3. But, really...MM3 isn't very hard either. I mean, you get up to 9 energy tanks, the rush jet in that game is the best item ever because it goes in 4 directions easily, and beating many bosses just becomes a matter of pressing 'fire' quickly.

Someone could say that MM2 was too easy because of metal blade, but MM1 was also one of the easiest in the series because of the magnet beam and elec man's weapon. Magnet beam can stretch, and thus you can just walk over most levels (such as Ice Man's). Elec Man's weapon works on 3/4 of the bosses in the fortress, and kills most of the enemies in a hit. Also, its field of damage is greater than the normal shot, so it kills the gun turrets.

Storm
07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to beat Guts Man in Wily's Fortress in Mega Man 7? I can't prevent him from grabbing me and tossing me into the ceiling.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2004, 07:55 PM
The only two Mega Man games I own are X on SNES and Wiley's Revenge for Game Boy.
Dr. Wiley's Revenge
Dr. Wiley in Dr. Wiley's RevengeIt's Wily, Shoe. Wily.
I've played X so many times that there's really no challenge until the final Sigma...I've never been able to beat him.Use Rolling Shield.

...I mean, come on...CLOWN MAN! I can't believe this doesn't strike anyone as at least a LITTLE bit cheesy or stupid. Oh no, CLOWN man, don't CLOWN me to death!"Thunder Carnival" is still a cool name for an attack.

Storm
07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
"Thunder Carnival" is still a cool name for an attack.

I always thought it was "Thunder Cannonball!".

SomethingBig
07-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Those 2 spots where the only instants in the game that showed a bit of difficulty. That quick man level was easy(use flash) and heat man(use item 2(as mentioned)). You can say 'buts its hard if you don't use it!!!!', but that isn't the game being hard...thats you making it hard. Thats like trying to beat the game without using a special power unless forced to. The powers are there to make it easy and its made for you to use them to make said parts easier. If you don't do these things then you made it hard on yourself.

That's true. One question: What is MMAC?

Lord Chainsaw, I remembered having an easier time with 3 than 2. I dunno, Megaman 2 was just, by far, the most enjoyable. I actually didn't mind dying because the music was the best and the levels were so much fun. I'd be playing now, but, my darn friend still hasn't given back my NES... :mad:

Storm
07-08-2004, 08:32 PM
That's true. One question: What is MMAC?

MMAC is the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. It contains the 8 original Mega Man games (plus 2 terrible bonus games), and can be purchased for the PS2 or Game Cube.

Lord Chainsaw
07-09-2004, 12:52 AM
I too was introduced to MM through MM3. But, really...MM3 isn't very hard either. I mean, you get up to 9 energy tanks, the rush jet in that game is the best item ever because it goes in 4 directions easily, and beating many bosses just becomes a matter of pressing 'fire' quickly.

You got that right. I'd probably consider Mega Man 3 to be the easiest of the 1-8 series. 5 is also extremely easy. Maybe if I grew up with 5 I'd say 5 was the easiest. My problem with 2 was not the difficultly in itself, but the fact that a single unbalanced weapon decreased the difficulty so. There's a difference between making a game too easy with a broken weapon, and a game actually being too easy. There is a downside to using the Metal Blade however. That is that you cannot fire it and run at the same time. There is of course a way to get around that. That is simply not using the Metal Blade. I'd best relate that to my Phantasy Star Online life story. The dupers and cheaters are there with their dupes and 120% hacks, but you don't have to participate in any of that to get some enjoyment out of the game. You won't get the same enjoyment as if they never existed, but you'll still get some enjoyment.

Dingo Jellybean
07-09-2004, 01:10 AM
I saw reviews for the 2 Mega Man Power Battles games and were shocked that they were so high.

Personally, I think they're boring and uninspired. Hard to believe a game like this made it out into the arcades.

Storm
07-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Yes, what a pathetic bonus to add in the collection.

So no one has any clue how to beat Guts Man in Mega Man 7, without using an energy tank?

Dingo Jellybean
07-09-2004, 04:34 AM
Yes, what a pathetic bonus to add in the collection.

So no one has any clue how to beat Guts Man in Mega Man 7, without using an energy tank?

I assume you mean Junk Man? Guts Man was in MM1.

I'm sure there's guides to beating this guy. But use the Electic Bolt against him, then quickly slide under him when he jumps above you. He's quite easy if you have the Electic Bolt, or whatever the item is called.

Captain_Spaulding
07-09-2004, 04:37 AM
Hark, ye herald angels sing. Tra la la la la, la la la...la

Spacious skies and forsaken sins, truly a time of great peril.

Have we all ever wondered why the kids of the new ages are always protesting wars yet fighting in them as we speak? Protesting is for the weakminded. Firebomb the kids I say, then Firebomb the firebombers, truly a safer world it be.

Oh and the kids of today seem to like the Mega Man, I do too. Have I ever told you all a little story about the Gemini man? Truly a wonderous man, spacious map, hes the true evil incarnate. My hero really.

Ta

Storm
07-09-2004, 04:43 AM
I assume you mean Junk Man? Guts Man was in MM1.

No, no. Guts Man is an actual boss in Wily's Fortress. You see Wily steal him from the Robot Musuem after beating the first 4 bosses.

Moose Knight
07-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Gemini Man is pretty cool.

My problem with 2 was not the difficultly in itself, but the fact that a single unbalanced weapon decreased the difficulty so. There's a difference between making a game too easy with a broken weapon, and a game actually being too easy. There is a downside to using the Metal Blade however. That is that you cannot fire it and run at the same time.

Yes yes I see your wisdom. However, there is one hard boss in this game (It is the second to last boss in the fortress, the great flying ship). I think he's at least a little bit tough. And the metal blade doesn't help much, either.

Lord Chainsaw
07-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Ah, yes. The damn flying jet from Wily's 5th Stage. That battle is pretty difficult, but it is more annoying than anything. I say it is annoying because if you get a game over you have to fight all the eight robot masters again.

That fight isn't really a two-parter. It's more of a war of attrition between the player and Wily's second form. I don't even consider the 1st form to be part of that fight because you'd have to try pretty hard to get hit on it. Much like Wood Man and Air Man, that fight is all about killing him before he kills you.

As for the Guts Tank in Mega Man 7: Try using the Slash Rave on him. It may not seem to work, but if that is the case it means you aren't hitting him high enough. You need to actually hit him with the Slash Rave at the top of his head. If you hit the neck it will not register as a hit.

If you still can't beat him without a tank, then try destroying those blocks he chucks at you. I believe it is possible to destroy those blocks with the Slash Rave, but I'm not 100% on that. If you don't destroy them you can always jump on top of the block and jump forward and right off before it slams against the wall. That is extremely hard to do.

Dingo Jellybean
07-10-2004, 04:53 AM
I think after you beat 4 MM games, everything is remixed.

Now I want to play MM2 and MM1 again. :D

I beat MM7, MM1-3 and on MM4. The remixed tracks of MM4 are pretty good. I just enjoy playing the stages for the sake of it. Everything in MM4 is remixed for me, so I guess each game you complete remixes a portion of the tracks of each song, but nonetheless...MM4 is an underated game.

Storm
07-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Despite Kawaii Ryukishi's link to a very harsh critique of Mega Man X6, I finally decided to buy it off E-Bay. I can only imagine the CD will be scratched or there will be no CD at all when I receive it. I look forward to the intolerable irritation this game will bring to me.

On another note, I finally started playing Mega Man X7. Although it is a mixture between 2-D and 3-D, I've found it a bit difficult even to adjust to the game's 2-D environment.

Dingo Jellybean
07-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Okay, I just finished MM1-5 and MM7. I just beat Wind Man on MM6. I'm saving MM8 for last, that seems to be the toughest.

I also beat MM Power Battles and Power Fighters...but that's not saying much.

Storm
07-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Damn, Mega Man X7 is tough. I'm playing on the hard setting, and I finally made it to a boss for the first time. Tornado Tonion is easy for the first half of the battle using Axl, but then it's almost impossible to hit him without taking damage for the second half. And his lame voice is driving me mad.

Lord Chainsaw
07-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Something I didn't take long to realize about Mega Man X7 that broke my heart:

Zero is worthless. Especially in the 3D level segments. As soon as you get X, scrap him.

In fact, I recommend you go to every stage and start rescuing those robots. You should have the 60+ needed for X after about 5 levels. Tornado Tonion is no match for X and Axl.

If you want a challenge, fight Flame Hyenard. He is HARD. Second hardest is probably Splash Warfly. Fighting Hyenard without Warfly's weapon is sure suicide.

Storm
07-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Well, I finally defeated Tornado Tonion, and Vanishing Gungaroo wasn't too difficult. It is a sad truth though Lord Chainsaw. Zero is absolutely useless. Maybe Zero would be okay if you didn't take damage by running into other reploids, but of course that's not the case. The only thing I find Zero useful for is destroying those bats or doing a double jump.

Dingo Jellybean
07-13-2004, 01:24 AM
I just play Plant Man's stage. It's such a pain in the ass.

It's like Spring Man's stage in MM7. Those stupid springs are so hard to get lift off of that I had to use a code to beat Plant Man's stage. Those spring stages are utterly annoying, I don't know what possessed Capcom to do it again in MM7.

Storm
07-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Regarding Mega Man 7...

Okay, the slash worked great against Guts Man. Did you know you can actually slash the blocks at him before he smacks them at you?

Anyhow, I made it Dr.Wily and he's absolutely impossible in that flying saucer. If you get hit by the fire or ice orbs, you've lost 1/4 of your health. Anytime I try dodging them, I always run into the fire orb. Also, the only weapoin that appears to do any damage is the charged mega buster, which takes off 1 unit of damage.

Does anyone know a faster way of killing him? I just take too much damage, even with four energy tanks.

Dingo Jellybean
07-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Regarding Mega Man 7...

Okay, the slash worked great against Guts Man. Did you know you can actually slash the blocks at him before he smacks them at you?

Anyhow, I made it Dr.Wily and he's absolutely impossible in that flying saucer. If you get hit by the fire or ice orbs, you've lost 1/4 of your health. Anytime I try dodging them, I always run into the fire orb. Also, the only weapoin that appears to do any damage is the charged mega buster, which takes off 1 unit of damage.

Does anyone know a faster way of killing him? I just take too much damage, even with four energy tanks.

Yeah, I found that out the 2nd time I played Guts man. It only takes like, 6 or 7 slashes to kill Gutsman...but you have to knock the blocks back at him instead of just slashing at him.

For beating Dr.Wily, used charged coils. They do great damage. You'll need at least 3 energy tanks...but an easier way is to use the S.Adapter, because the double jump makes it a lot easier to dodge the 4 orbs. It takes longer, but it's a safer way.

With that being said, I beat MMAC 4 days ago...go me!

Storm
07-17-2004, 09:08 PM
The freeze cracker is slightly more effective than the mega buster. You don't need to charge it, and you can usually get two shots in instead of one. Even using this strategy, I still consumed all four energy tanks plus the special energy tank. In other words, I needed 6 full bars of health to defeat the Wily Saucer. What a tough final boss....

I never really thought about using the charged coils, but something has to do more than 1 unit of damage to Dr.Wily.

Anyways, hurray! I've now finished Mega Man's 1-8. Next up, Mega Man X5, X6, and X7. Those power battle arcade games included are just a waste of time.

Lord Chainsaw
07-18-2004, 03:33 AM
Yeah, seriously MM7 Wily ranks up there with X4 Sigma as one of the hardest bosses in the series.

What's really annoying is when you hit him and then you get hit by an ice sphere. Not only will you take the damage from the ice sphere, but you will be hit by the shockwave he fires after he gets hit. That's the worst and most damaging thing that can happen during the fight.

I used the Freeze Cracker to beat him. I didn't really like the Spring. I don't know if it was just me, but both weapons seemed to do 2 damage and the Cracker was just easier to hit him with since it can be fired diagonally. I hear that the Thunderbolt stops his spheres, but I've never tried it.

I beat MM7 on the SNES a few weeks ago, and I'm dreading having to do it again on the Collection. The only reason is Wily of course.

Storm
07-19-2004, 05:15 AM
If you want a challenge, fight Flame Hyenard. He is HARD. Second hardest is probably Splash Warfly. Fighting Hyenard without Warfly's weapon is sure suicide.

I defeated Splash Warfly after many tries, but I don't even know how to inflict damage on Flame Hyenard. And his "burn to the ground" chant is driving me crazy.

Lord Chainsaw
07-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Flame Hyenard is such an ass.

You have to avoid both of them and shoot at the giant hyena robot in the lava. You shoot both of his legs until he locks up and sinks. Then you jump on him and climb onto his back.

That's where you see the real Flame Hyenard. Yes, that's right. There's 3 of them. The real fight takes place on the back of the giant hyena where you have to put up with all three of those bastards plus missiles getting shot out of the robotic hyena's back.

Dingo Jellybean
07-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Yeah, seriously MM7 Wily ranks up there with X4 Sigma as one of the hardest bosses in the series.

What's really annoying is when you hit him and then you get hit by an ice sphere. Not only will you take the damage from the ice sphere, but you will be hit by the shockwave he fires after he gets hit. That's the worst and most damaging thing that can happen during the fight.

I used the Freeze Cracker to beat him. I didn't really like the Spring. I don't know if it was just me, but both weapons seemed to do 2 damage and the Cracker was just easier to hit him with since it can be fired diagonally. I hear that the Thunderbolt stops his spheres, but I've never tried it.

I beat MM7 on the SNES a few weeks ago, and I'm dreading having to do it again on the Collection. The only reason is Wily of course.

If you mash the controller, you can break out of the ice or fire. Also, the only time Wily uses the ground shockwave is when you actually damage him...otherwise he won't use it. The battle is a lot easier with the S.Adapter.

Storm
07-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Flame Hyenard is such an ass.

You have to avoid both of them and shoot at the giant hyena robot in the lava. You shoot both of his legs until he locks up and sinks. Then you jump on him and climb onto his back.

That's where you see the real Flame Hyenard. Yes, that's right. There's 3 of them. The real fight takes place on the back of the giant hyena where you have to put up with all three of those bastards plus missiles getting shot out of the robotic hyena's back.

Oh goodie!

Well, thankfully I finally got X to join me. The only problem is that I've totally pimped Axl out by giving him all the chip enhancements, and there aren't going to be enough chips left to make X decent. I've also let Axl collect all of the heart tanks.

By the way, how do you improve your rank from D? On Tornado Tonion's stage I rescued every single reploid and my rank still remains the same.

Lord Chainsaw
07-20-2004, 07:35 PM
I never quite figured out anything about ranks in X7. They were pretty useless to me. I think I finished the game with everyone at D rank. Doesn't really matter I don't think. And if it does it probably doesn't make big enough a difference in anything to really warrant the effort.

Storm
07-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, because of the insanity that Flaming Hyenard has brought to me, I have decided to give Mega Man X7 a rest for a bit.

I just got Mega Man X6 in the mail a couple days ago, and the first impressions haven't been all that great. The graphics don't look as good as X5 or X4, and the stages are driving me nuts. I've defeated one boss, Commander Yamarack(spelling?), who was pathetic. A lot of the script also makes no sense.

Lord Chainsaw
07-24-2004, 04:46 AM
X5 and X6 rank at the bottom of my Mega Man list. I don't like either. I don't like X7 either, but it isn't as bad as X5 or 6.

What gets really annoying in X6 is fighting the High Max, especially if you can't harm him.

And the endgame levels are so incredibly tough. Right off the bat in the first castle stage you're going to find a wall you cannot scale unless you've picked up the armor upgrade. The second and third castle bosses are no fun at all.

But don't worry, Sigma is a piece of cake in X6. Probably the easiest one in the series.

Storm
07-25-2004, 12:58 AM
What gets really annoying in X6 is fighting the High Max, especially if you can't harm him.

Wow.....I just encountered High Max for the first time. For the first three battles or so, I didn't understand how to hurt him. I eventually realized you need to stun him first with the mega buster, and I used Blaze Heatnix's weapon to knock him on the ground. I'm not sure if this is his weakness, as the fire weapon took off minimal damage.

I will say that the stage with that compressor is absolutely intolerable. I started punching my bed in fits many times. I hate how when you are ducking and get hit, X automatically stands up.

And for the love of God, is there any way to get some light in Rainy Turtloid's stage?

Lord Chainsaw
07-25-2004, 04:02 AM
To be honest, I don't even remember who the bosses were in X6.

I remember the Turtloid stage to be very annoying though. There was a certain part at the end with all sorts of pits. I remember having killed Yamark before Turtloid, so that might have an effect on the lighting some way or another. Best advice I can give for Turtloid's stage is to use the flash-effect to get through the part with the pits. The only bad thing about that is that you'll get pushed back upon taking damage, and might fall into a pit.

I also remember a stage with a giant annoying robot in the back that shoots crap. Is that the game with Metal Shark Player? I vaguely remember a level with crushers like in Dust Man's stage and Wily's MM5 castle, but I can't remember if that was Shark's or if he was even in X6 to begin with.

Storm
07-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Actually, when I tried Rainy Turtloid's stage first I didn't have this annoying lighting problem. It's so frustrating in the dark I may have to start the game over again. He's the only Maverick left too.

Infinity Mijinion has that bloody Robot in the background and Metal Shark Player has the compressor stage.

I also can't stand those damn squids. Sometimes there are 10 of them in the screen at once.

What were the game designers thinking with this game? The voice acting isn't even translated into English, and I can't understand the script. Why is X fighting the 8 investigators? I thought they were investigating the Zero Nightmare, just like X. Apparently that is grounds for war in the screwed up planet X now lives on.

The only thing I have enjoyed so far was the battle with High Max.

Lord Chainsaw
07-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Yeah, the game is actually pretty bad. I think once you beat the last maverick they will reveal to you the reason you fought them. I'm not even sure why that was. Perhaps they are under the corruption of the Zero/Sigma virus? What the hell is it in this game anways, Zero or Sigma?

Unless this is the one with Gate. Is this the game that has Isoc in it? Cause I might know the reason you fight the mavericks if this is the one with Isoc. If it only has Gate and not Isoc well then I have no clue. The whole game is just a giant mess.

Storm
07-25-2004, 06:58 AM
X6 contains both Gate and Isoc.

Lord Chainsaw
07-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Oh, man. Both of them? That's damn tricky. I never really understood what Gate's motivations for being evil were. I'm not even sure if the investigators were sent by Gate. They probably were.

I actually thought that Isoc was in X5. But since he isn't, he has to tie in with all of that garbage in the previous paragraph some way or another, I really can't remember how.

Storm
07-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Dear Lord.....

Gate's 2nd stage is driving me crazy. Every screen there is a totem pole with about 6 squids. It's almost impossible.

I guess Capcom felt as though the last 5 X games were disappointments difficulty wise and decided to make X6 near impossible.

EDIT: I finished the stage, but High Max is like 5 times harder than last time. He has these stupid shields on his sides, and he only throws them off once every 10 times.

Lord Chainsaw
07-26-2004, 03:03 AM
You think High Max is hard, wait till you get to the next boss.

Tell me, do you like bottomless pits?

Storm
07-26-2004, 03:18 AM
I don't like bottomless pits at all. Basically anything with an instant death kill is extremely annoying.

Anyhow, I figured out High Max's pattern.....he's actually not that hard. The key to that battle is being extremely patient and most of his attacks are relatively easy to dodge, once you get the hang of it.

I've just started the 3rd Gate stage....

EDIT: Actually, I didn't find Gate that bad. I used the fire saber weapon to destroy the orbs, and the explosion of the orbs did more damage to Gate than to me. You can make a lot of mistake versus Gate, as where against High Max you make a couple and you are finished.

Lord Chainsaw
07-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Well that's just about as tough as it's going to get, because the final stage and the final boss are both sickeningly easy.

Storm
07-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Well, you weren't kidding about Sigma. That's the first time ever in the X series I wasn't required to use an energy tank to defeat him (Mainly because I never found any energy tanks, so I had no choice). I played the entire game on the difficulty level "Xtreme" as well.

Overall, Mega Man X6 was probably the toughest X series game, although I have heard Red in X7 is a pain in the ass. The X6 levels were very difficult, especially the second fortress stage. The stage itself almost drove me crazy, and placing High Max as the boss only further increased the insanity.

I'm interested to see if Dynamo, Gate, and especially Isoc (what happened to him?) will be brought back for Mega Man X8. Also, I'm curious to see if they will bring Vile back for one more game. After all, when you defeat him in Mega Man X3 he does say,"X, I will haunt you till the day you die!".

Anyhow, I guess it's back to battling Flame Hyenard. :(

Lord Chainsaw
07-27-2004, 05:50 PM
I also believe X6 to be the hardest X game. I'm not sure about Gate returning, but as for Isoc...

I thought he was Sigma

Zeio
07-27-2004, 07:22 PM
You guys Final Sigma on MMX is not hard. I've beaten him so many times its not fun anymore. You have to ways of beating him. Use the weapon you get from armored armodilo or just use your over powered HODUKEN which does a lot of damage (or kills him don't remeber). So yeah they both work and be sure to be a little evasive from time to time

Storm
07-27-2004, 07:47 PM
You guys Final Sigma on MMX is not hard. I've beaten him so many times its not fun anymore. You have to ways of beating him. Use the weapon you get from armored armodilo or just use your over powered HODUKEN which does a lot of damage (or kills him don't remeber). So yeah they both work and be sure to be a little evasive from time to time

No, he isn't that difficult. His final form is a bit tough, but not even as close to as difficult as the Sigma in Mega Man X4.

Okay, now that I've played all of the Mega Man's I'm going to further extend my list of favorites.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL SERIES

Mega Man
Toughest Level: Ice Man/Wily Fortress #1
Toughest Robot Master: Fire Man
Toughest Boss: Shadow Devil
Favorite Level: Elec Man
Favorite Level Music: Bomb Man
Favorite Robot Master: Elec Man

Mega Man 2
Toughest Level: Quick Man
Toughest Robot Master: Quick Man
Toughest Boss: Wily's 2nd Machine
Favorite Level: Bubble Man
Favorite Level Music: Wily Fortress #1
Favorite Robot Master: Quick Man

Mega Man 3
Toughest Level: Shadow Man #2
Toughest Robot Master: Quick Man
Toughest Boss: Wily Robot #2
Favorite Level: Shadow Man
Favorite Level Music: Shadow Man
Favorite Robot Master: Gemini Man

Mega Man 4
Toughest Level: Ring Man
Toughest Robot Master: Dive Man
Toughest Boss: Wily Robot #2
Favorite Level: Ring Man
Favorite Level Music: Cossack's Fortress #1
Favorite Robot Master: Drill Man

Mega Man 5
Toughest Level: Crystal Man
Toughest Robot Master: Napalm Man
Toughest Boss: Dark Man Robot #4
Favorite Level: Gyro Man
Favorite Level Music: Gyro Man
Favorite Robot Master: Gyro Man

Mega Man 6
Toughest Level: Plant Man. I hate the part with the springs.
Toughest Robot Master: Centaur Man
Toughest Boss: Track Duo
Favorite Level: None of them are really that fun.
Favorite Level Music: Blizzard Man
Favorite Robot Master: Wind Man

Mega Man 7
Toughest Level: Turbo Man
Toughest Robot Master: Slash Man
Toughest Boss: Wily Saucer
Favorite Level: Spring Man
Favorite Level Music: Spring Man
Favorite Robot Master: Slash Man

Mega Man 8
Toughest Level: Astro Man
Toughest Robot Master: Search Man
Toughest Boss: Penguin Pod Machine
Favorite Level: Clown Man
Favorite Level Music: Tengu Man
Favorite Robot Master: Tengu Man

In order from favorite to least favorite: 3,4,7,8,2,5,1,6
In order from most difficult to least difficult: 1,7,8,5,6,4,3,2

X SERIES

Mega Man X
Toughest Level: 1st Fortress Level
Toughest Robot Master: Launch Octopus
Toughest Boss: Final Sigma or Robo Spider
Favorite Level: Storm Eagle
Favorite Level Music: Storm Eagle
Favorite Robot Master: Storm Eagle

Mega Man X2
Toughest Level: Magna Centipede
Toughest Robot Master: Crystal Snail
Toughest Boss: Violen
Favorite Level: Magna Centipede
Favorite Level Music: Introductory Level
Favorite Robot Master: Magna Centipede

Mega Man X3
Toughest Level: Tunnel Rhino
Toughest Robot Master: Neon Tiger
Toughest Boss: Bit/Byte Combo
Favorite Level: Toxic Seahorse
Favorite Level Music: 1st Fortress Level
Favorite Robot Master: Blast Hornet

Mega Man X4
Toughest Level: Jet Stingray
Toughest Robot Master: Storm Owl
Toughest Boss: Final Sigma
Favorite Level: Air Force Base
Favorite Level Music: Frost Walrus
Favorite Robot Master: Magma Dragoon

Mega Man X5
Toughest Level: Mattrex
Toughest Robot Master: Spike Rose Red
Toughest Boss: Wall Eyes
Favorite Level: The Skiver
Favorite Level Music: The Skiver
Favorite Robot Master: The Skiver

Mega Man X6
Toughest Level: Gate's Laboratory Level 2
Toughest Robot Master: Infinity Mijinion
Toughest Boss: High Max
Favorite Level: Shield Sheldon
Favorite Level Music: Gate's Laboratory
Favorite Robot Master: Commander Yammark

Mega Man X7
Toughest Level: Vanishing Gungaroo
Toughest Robot Master: Flame Hyenard
Toughest Boss: Not sure yet...
Favorite Level: Wind Crowrang
Favorite Level Music: Tornado Tonion
Favorite Robot Master: Wind Crowrang

In order from favorite to least favorite: X2, X3, X4, X, X6, X5
In order from most difficult to least difficult: X6, X4, X5, X2, X3, X

On a side note, I also really like the High Max battle music and the battles with High Max himself. Probably the only good aspect of Mega Man X6.

And that concludes my longest post ever. Never again shall this happen.

Lord Chainsaw
07-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Fire Man harder than Elec Man? Dive Man harder than Ring Man? Are you going by plasma or by weakness? Cause I can see how Dive man would be hard if you are using the skull weapon on him. He's actually easier to beat with plasma than with his weakness. His dive attack :love::love::love::love:ing hurts which is why I don't get up close and personal with him.

I can agree with everything about Mega Man 3 though. Wily's second robot is very difficult. If you Rush Jet the mofo he's easy as cake, but if you go the hard knuckle then you're in for a challenge. If we're talking plasma then it would be safe to say that is the hardest Wily robot to beat outside of the skull capsule in MM7.

Storm
07-28-2004, 05:24 AM
I'm refering to using the special weapons to kill the Robot Masters/Mavericks. Even with the ice weapon, Fire Man takes off almost 2/3 of your health. His fire waves are impossible to dodge.

I've actually only beat Mega Man X strictly using the Mega Buster.

And yes, the 2nd Wily Robot in Mega Man 3 is really annoying. It's just difficult to get the timing correct to launch the hard knuckle when the machine ducks down.

Doomgaze
07-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Agh, I can't beat MM1. Fire Man just takes off too much life to get through the set of 4 consecutive battles.

Lord Chainsaw
07-28-2004, 06:48 PM
You don't have to wait for the machine to duck down to use the hard knuckle on it. You can control the hard knuckle after firing. All you need to do is shoot it at the apex of your jump and hold up and it will still nail Wily even if he isn't ducking.

And yes, Fire Man can be a pain. He's a lot like Flash Man. You both pummel the crap out of each other until someone dies.

Dingo Jellybean
07-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Agh, I can't beat MM1. Fire Man just takes off too much life to get through the set of 4 consecutive battles.

You can abuse the Ice Beam. Works for me...punk.

Storm
08-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Wow, I finally beat Mega Man X5 today. Both Sigma forms were a huge pain in the ass. I couldn't find a way to dodge that giant purple block attack from the second Sigma. That led to many deaths. I must have fought him thirty times before I defeated him.

All I've got left now to finish is Mega Man X7. How saddening.

Giga Guess
08-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Until they release Mega Man X8. Who's played Rockman and Forte?

Avalon_Beouvle07
08-08-2004, 08:44 PM
*just rented the Mega Man collection yesterday* I love the X series...well....the storylines are cool, anyway. I think Capcom has so much to work with. Zero is awesome.

Favorite Game: Mega Man X5 and Mega Man 7 (good memories)
I made an entire fan fic based on MM7. :p

Favorite Music: Mega Man X5
The song they played right after Zero crash-landed in Antartica (or Alaska??). It was the song that began to play when Alia discovered the Zero Virus.

I haven't really had the chance to play X6, and everyone says that X7 is stuck in the gutter. Is that true?? and does anyone think that capcom will make X8 better than every previous X game?

Storm
08-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Until they release Mega Man X8. Who's played Rockman and Forte?
I've played Rockman and Forte. It was a very fun game, although I found King to be impossible and have never defeated him. I want to play it again, but I can't find the ROM anywhere.

Favorite Music: Mega Man X5
The song they played right after Zero crash-landed in Antartica (or Alaska??). It was the song that began to play when Alia discovered the Zero Virus.

Yes, the music that plays during the first three virus stages is awesome. I also think Mega Man X5 has the best Maverick Battle Theme. Overall, X5 has some great tunes.

I haven't really had the chance to play X6, and everyone says that X7 is stuck in the gutter. Is that true?? and does anyone think that capcom will make X8 better than every previous X game?

Mega Man X6 is the hardest of the X-series. The level design will drive you nuts. Also, the english translation is terrible. If you can get by that, it has some pretty neat bosses.

Mega Man X7 is okay, but most of the game is in 3-D. This makes it very difficult at times when you need to rotate the camera and dodge enemy attacks at the same time.

Mega Man X8 is supposed to be back in 2-D, thankfully. I guess a lot of people weren't too happy with Mega Man X7.

Giga Guess
08-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Yaaaaay....well I haven't played X7, so...

Storm
08-16-2004, 04:20 AM
I've finally made it to Red in Mega Man X7 and I'm having a lot of trouble. Any tips?

Lord Chainsaw
08-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Red is probably up there with Hyenard as one of the hardest bosses in X7. He's definitely harder than Sigma.

I used the crash on him. I don't know what it is called in X7 or what boss gives it to you but it is similar to the giga crash from X2. I know one of the bosses gives it to you.

Just get right up in his face and use the crash. If you are using Axl, then equip that weapon and he will get a bazooka with infinite and very powerful shots. Just hit Red with these bazooka shots. I think he's weak to this crash weapon.

If you are using X to do the crash on him, do not do it during the first half of the battle. He is very easy during the first part of the battle and you don't want to waste your crashes on him until he's almost dead. If you do you will run out and be really screwed when he gets harder.

Mostly though I'd stick with Axl and the bazooka weapon though.

Moose Knight
08-17-2004, 05:51 AM
I thought it weird how they included a turbo shot function for the NES games...I wonder why they did this?

And MM7 rules...