PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Match - Sephiroth

MoonZapdos
06-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Please help me!
I can't even damage him, does anybody know how can I do that without being damaged by his fire columns? (a KHTRINITY member if possible)

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 04:58 PM
To damage him just attack him after he swings his sword at you. I usually jump up and glide to avoid his sword then land and let him have it. He has a secret other energy bar so don't worry if it doesn't appear you are damaging him.

He'll use the fire columns if you don't get your full combo in when you attack. If he blocks part of your combo just roll away to avoid the fire.

MoonZapdos
06-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks Del Murder :)

eternalshiva
06-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I pm'd you the details ;p
:love:

Lord Xehanort
06-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure what es mentioned... but I'll say that he has an invisible HP bar over his purple one. So you are hurting him... you just can't see it.

Dark Songstress
06-27-2004, 01:27 PM
i strongly recommended that you get to Lvl.100 and get the Ultria Weapon before you take on the bad boy. it still hard to beat him at Lvl.100 but it worth it. you also have to hit him alot times to get his meter going

Sefie1999AD
06-27-2004, 02:02 PM
It doesn't matter which weapon or which level you have in order to beat Sephiroth. I've fought him both with my levels in the 70's and on level 100, and the battle is very similar either way. I use either Lion Heart or Oblivion in that battle. I think the game has enough colors for 5 health bars and Sephiroth has 6 health bars, so you'll have to take one bar away from him so that the visible bars start dropping. I always let Sephiroth his Sora with his fire barriers because Sora has MP Rage and MP Haste abilities equipped, so being hit by the fire barriers lets me regain MP to heal Sora with Curaga.

square_is_the_best
06-27-2004, 02:57 PM
If you are like me and you can beat the living daylights out of Sephiroth with deadly efficiency, than you know he is the single fastest way to level up. Whats the point of beating him at lvl 100? You won't level up anymore.
In the first phase, if you hit him with a 4 hit combo, he will teleport and hit you from behind. Anything less than 4 will make him do the fire thing. Also when he runs at you ( and I mean RUN) be prepared to do strike raid on him. You'll find out why soon enough. :D

Ouch!
06-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Level 100 is a bit overkill methinks, most people keep fighting him to get to 100.

I beat him at level 55. You really just need to be careful and time things right, especially with Sin of Heartless Angel (or Sin Harvest or whatever we all think the attack is called) where he drops you to 1 HP and 0 MP.

Dark Songstress
06-27-2004, 10:15 PM
maybe somewhere between Lvl.70 and Lvl.90 would do best

Ouch!
06-27-2004, 11:06 PM
maybe somewhere between Lvl.70 and Lvl.90 would do best

That all really depends on your level of skill in the game. If you want to play it safe because you don't trust your ability to dodge and attack effectively, sure you should wait 'til higher levels, but it's not really necessary if you're comfortable with your ability.

SomethingBig
06-28-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't really think Levels matter, as long as you're over level 50, because I beat him at around 55. Just fight him a lot and you'll learn how he moves.

1st Phase: He has a certain pattern of attacks. Learn this pattern, and this part will be easy. You can't block his attacks, so don't bother. What I like to do is constantly dodge roll. Once you get in a full combo, Super Glide away, because he'll use Flare.

2nd Phase: Not all that much harder. He'll start using Omnislash. You'll know when he's about to use it because he raises the Masamune up into the air right before he uses the attack. At this point, waste no time and immediately use Aero/Aerora/Aeroga. There's no point in trying to hit him during Omnislash because he is invincible. Just keep dodging his attacks, which shouldn't be too hard. When he stops and jumps into the air, go far away. He'll also start using Sin of Heartless Angel, if that's what it's really called), which drops your HP to 1 and MP to 0. Before he does this, he teleports to one of the edges of the arena and you'll hear him say the name of the attack. At this point, if you're about 5-7 steps away, use Strike Raid. If you time it correctly, you should be able to get about 4 clean shots at him with Strike Raid. Don't worry, because you're invincible while using Strike Raid. If he's too far away, use an Elixir immiedately after your HP and MP drop because Sephy'll quickly run at you and slice you up.

Almost there!

3rd Phase: He'll very, very rarely, or probably even stop, using Sin of Heartless Angel now. Sephy'll use completely new attacks now. You'll know that he's in his 3rd phase when he casts Meteor. During this spell, a number of meteors will fall into the arena. The meteors will then move around the arena and you'll have to dodge them. Sephiroth is in the center, but don't try to hit him, because he's invincible. Just use Aero/Aerora/Aeroga and do your best to dodge the meteors. He will then cast Ultima, which basically hits 80% of the arena. If you're on Levels 50-70, I suggest you use Curaga immediately after the attack. He will then start teleporting all over the place to hit you. Keep casting your Aero spell and attacking, and he should end his 3rd Phase.

4th Phase: He will now become stronger. He'll have a blue aura about him and he does the same things as his 3rd Phase. Only problem is that he'll start using Sin of Heartless Angel. Just keep Aero on, keep attacking, and you should win in no time.

The best Keyblade to use during this battle is the Oblivion, if you don't have the Ultima Weapon. After the first battle, it's impossible to lose, unless you just joke around. After 3-4 battles, I was able to beat him with the original Kingdom Key. Good luck, and I hope that helped.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-03-2004, 03:09 AM
a few things

almost always (maybe everytime) before he does Sin Harvest, he'll run in a very tight circle, then teleport to the exact opposite side of the arena as he was on. When he dissappears, use superglide to go to that edge, and as soon as he reappears, you should be right there to hammer an easy combo on him, which is mega easy damage, and stops him from summoning Sin Harvest.

The best way i've found to get out of Omnislash is to hammer block like mad, luckily, he swings so fast, and your block is slowish, that you don't need to worry about timing. you'll get hit about once every threem times. Superglide formt eh alst blow though, it's un-blockable.

Dodgeroll meteor, with Aeroga on the whole time, and chuck yourself a Curaga after Ultima hits.

and on the fourth stage/version I find it works best to superglide after him and just go conan. Slash and hack and hack and slash until shiny hair grovels. :D

Chibi Youkai
07-03-2004, 04:38 AM
I found that Aeroga doesn't help much. The way I found that works for me is right before he uses sin harvest, or heartless angel, or whatever it is, he'll hit you with a two or three hit combo, then teleport off to the farthest corner. Go whack him up right as he teleports. If you can't make it, be sure you have all elxiers equipped, run away and hit it before his completes the attack so it has enough time to work.

Xander
07-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I tried beating him at Level 82 or something with the Ultima Weapon but I still couldn't do it. Then again that's cos I suck =D
And I'm more of an attack, attack, heal person than someone who uses a strategy. =] So I ended up finishing the game doing everything except that. Ah well.... Maybe next time?

Kirobaito
07-03-2004, 09:34 PM
I haven't beaten him, but the last time I tried, I was at level 75 with the Oblivion, and I got him down to one hit left. I would have kicked his arse so hard, but I didn't hear him say Sin Harvest, so...I stopped trying. Just keep on trying, and you'll slowly get farther into the battle.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Youkai, i dunno if you took it like that, but when i said Aeroga the whole time, i meant the length of meteor. for the rest of the battle (except maybe omnislash, depending on your blocking steeze) it is worthless, and a wicked waste of precious MP.

Chibi Youkai
07-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh, I understand. I found the only thing that helped during that part of the clash was curaga, and staying close to Sephiroth. You get hit less that way.

Giga Guess
07-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Two abilities not mentioned, and one goes without saying.

1.) Second Chance! You have a chance to heal should be smack you down. Just be SURE to take advantage of it.

2.) Strike Raid. You're invincible while using it (Save against Sin Harvest) so it has a defensive purpose. Not to mention if you're good at your timing. you can deal great damage with it. Additionally, if you're fast on the Targeting button, you can interrupt Sin Harvest. That's how I beat 'im, so...