PDA

View Full Version : Someone want to tell me why my cell phone doesn't work?

-N-
06-26-2004, 10:24 PM
My Samsung SCH-a310 has a feature which allows voice messages to be stored directly onto the phone rather than on a remote voice mailbox. I had a greeting for the phone after which people could leave a message if I didn't pick up the phone. I tried to change the message, but I messed up and when I tried again, all it recorded was one second of silence. I took it to a Verizon center and the guy there had no clue what was going on - his best guess was that it was a memory issue, which he then ruled out because only about a third of my total voice memory (dialing, memos, etc.) was used. So, any ideas?

crono_logical
06-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Did you try recording it again? :p Was the guy intelligent enuogh to test the memory in another phone to make sure it's not your phone or memory, or test your phone with a new clean memory card/whatever? :p

Baloki
06-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Maybe you didn't wait for the beep?

nik0tine
06-27-2004, 10:41 AM
how often do you pay your bills? does the rest of your phone work?

-N-
06-29-2004, 06:06 AM
I can't even record a message - the phone quits out before I can start recording. Funny thing is, I can record a voice memo to myself, but I can't record an answering message to myself. The beep doesn't even come, let alone "Please record your message after the beep". It just quits out as soon as I select the option to record.

I figure it's a problem with the memory - the stack needs to be dumped, or whatever - but it's not like a computer, where I can just crack it open if soft fixing fails. I'd have to replace the phone, and that costs money.

The problem is with the phone itself, not my service - so bill paying and stuff is eliminated. The rest of the phone works fine.