PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need some info.

BeccaMarie
06-27-2004, 03:53 AM
Hi.....my name is Becca and I'm new here. I want to buy the Final Fantasy X-2 soundtracks, but I wanted to know which soundtracks have songs in english? There are like 5 different soundtracks for the game out. Does anybody know which soundtracks have songs in English and which have songs in Japanese? Please let me know if you know anything about it? I've been trying to find out for a long time now and I can't find out anything. thanks for you help!

Beatrix Leonhart
06-27-2004, 05:20 AM
I really don't know how to tell, but you can always ask someone who works there.

BeccaMarie
06-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Somebody who works where? and how do I contact them?

Xander
06-27-2004, 12:08 PM
I searched but all I could find were imports of the soundtracks from Japan. The main soundtrack is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000087EQP/qid=1088333888/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-8962408-5085731?v=glance&s=music

Obviously most of the songs on there would be instrumental anyway, since they are the background music from the game, apart from Real Emotion and 1000 Words.

They also have the Vocal collections but I can only find those in Japanese too, this page has a full list:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music&field-keywords=final%252520fantasy%252520x-2&search-type=ss&bq=1&store-name=music/ref=xs_ap_sai3_xgl15/102-8962408-5085731

This page also shows all the different soundtracks which all seem to be Japanese:

http://www.otaku.co.uk/cgi-bin/productlist.asp?catsearch=&sdsearch=final+fantasy+x-2

I think usually only Japanese versions are available of the FF soundtracks - correct me if I'm wrong, although Kingdom Hearts had a US release.

If it's just the main game music you want, I'd say just buy the soundtrack anyway, since there's only two vocal songs on it as far as I know (which are pretty good in Japanese anyway) you won't miss out on much and can always download the english versions of Real Emotion and 1000 Words if you want those too.

Hope I was some help. =)

BeccaMarie
06-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Yeah, but I read somewhere that Jade from Sweetbox sang the American version songs for the game so I thought they put the Jade songs on at least one of the cds.......at least they should have, dont you think?

nik0tine
06-28-2004, 06:00 AM
nooo dont buy it no!

but i guess if i cant stop you you could try ebay, or amazon.com i guess.

Xander
06-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah Jade did sing them, but as far as I can find out they aren't available on any CDs, and I searched quite a few places. Just download them. It doesnt bother me really that they didn't, since I like the Japanese versions and I downloaded the English ones anyway. Plus it's only two songs on an entire soundtrack. ^_^

Jalbrean
06-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Jade's versions of Real Emotion, 1000 Words and 1000 Words 'Orchestra Version' are on "Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission OST" I have the soundtrack. =)

eternalshiva
06-28-2004, 03:14 PM
And the songs are also on the MAIN SITE - www.eyesonff.com but it is currently down :/ but Jalbrean's your man if you want the songs ^_^

SeeDRankLou
06-28-2004, 08:09 PM
You can go to ffx2.net and go to their music section. They have just about everything you could want...English or Japanese, even some dance remixes.

eternalshiva: When did you become Senior Site Staff :strut:

Edit: nevermind, there's an announcement about it. :)

BeccaMarie
06-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Jade's versions of Real Emotion, 1000 Words and 1000 Words 'Orchestra Version' are on "Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission OST" I have the soundtrack. =)

Thank you soooo much!!! I think I'll buy that one. Is there any good places to buy them from? Which place is the cheapest, but has the best service? Is Ebay good?

Big D
06-29-2004, 04:59 AM
Just so you know... the 'Last Mission' soundtrack that Jalbrean mentioned includes the English versions of the songs, and other new tracks from the 'Last Mission' bonus disc that was released in Japan only. So basically, there album has the English songs and few other tracks that you'll have never heard before.

The full soundtrack to the game has two complete discs, with all the music from the game, but the songs are in Japanese (they're really nice, though).

If you want a sneak preview of what's on both the 'Original Soundtrack' album and the 'Last Mission' soundtrack, the Eyes on FF frontsite has them all:)