PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Xander
06-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Has anyone played this game?

Firstly, I wondered what you thought of it, since I've read mixed reviews about it. I bought it and I'm finding it quite addictive so far.

I had a few questions though, if anyone knows.

1 - Is it possible to go bankrupt at all, like Theme Park style, if you don't make enough money?

2 - How do you know how much stamina or how tired your character is? Or do you only know if they go blue in the face?

3 - Is there any rush to do tasks all at once, like talking to the girls, or those sprite things or can you just do loads of farming for months and then concentrate on the other stuff later?

It's a cute game though. Aww. =)

White Raven
06-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I've always been a fan of the Harvest Moon games, and this one is next on my "Games to Buy" list (I should be getting it this Friday:)).

Casey
06-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Its alright, I got it on rom, played it on visual boy advance. Im not really sure, I just like cleared up the farm field, and this one guy gave me a horsey to take care of, Im still figuring out how to plant seeds to. :p You make money by putting stuff in a box, and this guy comes everyday at 5pm and picks the stuff up to go ship it, and you get money.

Going bankrupt, Im not sure.

When you use alot of your stamina the guy just shows hes tired and wants to rest. If you dont rest, the guy turns all blue, and if you dont rest after that, you'll go faint, and awake in the hospital.

Xander
06-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I think a fatigue level bar somewhere would have been useful... I got my horse yesterday! Aww. Now I have to go buy a brush for him. He's called Lindy =]

Ahhh, it's so addictive though. I keep picking it up meaning to play for half an hour or something, then just think, I wanna see what happens tomorrow, or wondering if my crops will have grown by then, and then end up doing that every day and play it for hours. xD

It definately seems to have a lot of depth to it, and things to do and I like the fact that it's open-ended. And there are no baddies. Yay. I love games without baddies =)