PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed...

Trumpet Thief
06-28-2004, 04:41 PM
I bet some other people might have noticed this too; The Boss theme for Final Fantasy Chronicles is the exact same as the Culex Battle theme in Super Mario RPG.

Ultima Shadow
06-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Yea, I have noticed that. And the victory music when you defeat Culex is also the same.

DJZen
06-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Yes, Square took the boss/victory music for that fight from FFIV. Because of this, several gaming mags went ahead and said that Culex was actually from FFIV, even though he's not. I mean..... It's not....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
They also used The Prelude. And gave Culex an FF-style superdeformed map sprite and an Amanoesque design in battle. And had him call himself a Dark Knight. And threw in the four elemental crystals as his sidekicks.

All right.

Genji_Fujiwara444
06-29-2004, 04:35 AM
I bet some other people might have noticed this too; The Boss theme for Final Fantasy Chronicles is the exact same as the Culex Battle theme in Super Mario RPG.

Erm the boss theme from FF:CC sounded nothing like the boss battle theme in FF4

But assuming you meant FF4 instead of FF:CC (I don't know how you'd get those two mixed up) than yes, it's the same theme...And I always thought Culex (or Kulex) was Cecil's father...Wasn't he?

Trumpet Thief
06-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Erm the boss theme from FF:CC sounded nothing like the boss battle theme in FF4

But assuming you meant FF4 instead of FF:CC (I don't know how you'd get those two mixed up) than yes, it's the same theme...And I always thought Culex (or Kulex) was Cecil's father...Wasn't he?

Final Fantasy Chronicles is the Ps1 version of FFIV. I'm not talking about Crystal Chronicles.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Cecil's father's name is Kluya.

Genji_Fujiwara444
06-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Final Fantasy Chronicles is the Ps1 version of FFIV. I'm not talking about Crystal Chronicles.

Ohh...Sorry...Forgot about Chronicals..

Cecil's father's name is Kluya.

Oh...Guess I was wrong again X_x