PDA

View Full Version : [A] Advent children

starlet
06-28-2004, 10:03 PM
this is my pride and joy...hope you all like it. :spin:

Rye
06-28-2004, 10:12 PM
That's great! Cloud's nose is a little off, but great job! :)

Ouch!
06-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Aside from Cloud's head being a tad bit too large, that's some really sweet stuff.

Xander
06-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I agree about Cloud's head being a bit large, but it's really really good.

pixie_demon
07-03-2004, 04:08 AM
wow!! its really good!

i wouldnt say it is too large, maybe a bit too fat, and he needs a bit of a longer neck, but apart from that... it is fabulous!!!

nik0tine
07-03-2004, 04:32 AM
awesome except for clouds nose.

starlet
07-03-2004, 02:11 PM
thanks guys!
you know how hard of a time I had making sephiroth NOT look like David Bowie?

Baloki
07-03-2004, 07:17 PM
To stop me being flamed again, this is only my opinion and suggestions, try not to take offence and I do like the artwork.

First off I'll start with the peice of artwork as a whole, the design as a whole is well thought out and seems really nice, the drawing seems a little rough, but as its a concuret thing it goes really nicely, giving it an evil kind of auora which I think you were trying to pull off, howeve the dark pencil sketch in the bottom left seems so out of place, maybe next time make it a little clearer or lighter, to be truthful its nothing really bad and doesn't detract from the main picture as a whole. The flame effect is nice and fits really well with the characters.

Now onto cloud, The face is brilliantly detailed and gives out alot of emotion, well done on that, however my real complaint is the arms seem wrong, one seems way to thin really, I don't know if thats what you were after but I think it looks weird and could probably be more evened out next time.

Sephroths picture is really good, the detail gives off the right effect and the shading works, overall nice job and I hope that helps improve next time :D

starlet
07-04-2004, 01:53 AM
I dont know why people flame you baloki, honestly....I think your critique are quite in depth.....which is a good thing to help an artist improve...so thanks.

Baloki
07-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Tis ok, and its usually only a certain 2 people :D

Chaos
07-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I have to say I agree with Baloki. I think you have talent going on there.
Is it chalks you've used? Whatever it is it creates a cool effect.

Chaos

starlet
07-06-2004, 12:33 AM
I used black and white colored pencil actually.

Snowman
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
youve created a really nice dark tone to that picture Starlet, did you use chalks? the only thing that seems slightly out of place to me is the layout, personnally i would have put the two of them fighting in sillooute above the seph clone, but thats the cool thing, everyone has a differnt way they like to work things. i dont really think your noses are that out of place, i think it's just your still developing them both. i always draw a very light center ling down the middle of the head to work from. great image.

well if Baloki didnt attack people who had differnt opinions than himself and become hostile in PM's to those said people, he wouldnt feel he was under attack. sometimes it's better to be polite and agree to dissagree rather than accuse of flaming etc. then everyones happy.

Trumpet Thief
07-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Nice Job on the pic!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Really good..

on thing..

BIGGER HAIR for cloud...!! the right side doent have enough hair!!!

good one!! Its really cool....you've got skills!!