PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent

Chris
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
http://www.playonline.com/WS_web/n_flash/ff2/ff2_img/logo.jpg
Final Fantasy II not (IV).
Has one of the best world map tunes of the early FF games ! agree or disagree ?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
I agree. It's one of the best songs in the series, really, and the increased sound quality of Origins certainly didn't harm it, either. If you haven't already, I suggest you listen to "The Promised Land" from the Pray album, which is a very well-done vocal rendition.

Chris
06-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Maybe I will...maybe I will...FFV ROCKS.

aeris2001x2
06-29-2004, 02:55 AM
ffII soundtrack in general has got to be joint Nobou Uematsu best work, it was beautful. shame about the actual game.

Takara
06-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I love that world theme. I agree it is one of the best of the series.

In fact, I enjoyed most of the tracks of FFII. Very well done for its time. The Rebel Army's theme in particular makes me shiver anytime I hear it, so grandiose and full of hope and determination...

Psychotic
06-29-2004, 09:54 PM
I can hear the world map theme in my head (No, I'm not crazy. OK I am. :D) and I agree, it is good. I also agree with Takara about the Rebel Army's theme, which is the best track on FFII, and one of the best in the entire series.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-30-2004, 05:08 PM
And let us not forget "Finale," which was also revitalized as the flagship vocal track for the Love Will Grow album. Nor "Battle Scene 2," which became one of the best final boss songs in the series when it was redone for Origins and, along with all the other aforementioned songs, was rendered orchestrally for Final Fantasy Symphonic Suite.

DJZen
07-01-2004, 06:30 AM
The song's called Join Them, correct?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2004, 02:36 PM
At this point in the series, the tracks names were all kept rather literal. The main theme is called "Main Theme." The rebel army's theme is called "Rebel Army Theme." Et cetera. The only title that's even slightly inventive is "Temptation of the Princess," which was only added in Origins.

nik0tine
07-03-2004, 02:33 AM
agreed.

Del Murder
07-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Yeah I think it's grand as well. I was surprised when I first played it.

DJZen
07-03-2004, 05:59 AM
That's odd. I coulda sworn that the original soundtrack had different names for the songs.....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2004, 01:45 PM
"Join Them" does ring a bell, though. I'd say it's a track name invented by a fan who either didn't like or didn't know the real title; it certainly wouldn't be the first example of such a thing.

Oh, and it turns out "Temptation of the Princess" was in the original soundtrack. I just assumed it wasn't since I never got to the scene where it plays in the Famicom version and had read somewhere that it wasn't there--my mistake.

Estes
07-04-2004, 03:44 AM
I thought Castle Pandemonium's music was very well done as well

UltimateSpamGrover
07-04-2004, 05:34 AM
I like the FF2 Boss Song as well, although it sounded like something from India.

Sefie1999AD
07-04-2004, 11:05 AM
FF2's World Map and Rebel Army themes are good, but I wasn't too impressed by their Origins versions. The ones in FF Symphonic Suite were a lot better, and since FF2 Origins was a PSX game, they could have put some real orchestral stuff into the game. About Finale, I would have loved it if FF2 Origins had the vocal version (Love Will Grow) of it instead.

Temptation of the Princess played in the original FF2j, but the song was extended a bit in FF2 Origins. Either way, it's not a song composed by Nobuo Uematsu. It's an excerpt of Tschaikovsky's classical composition called the Swan Lake or something like that.

The boss theme in FF2 Origins was only added to WSC and PSX versions. The original game only had two battle songs, one for normal battles and bosses, one for big-time bosses and the last boss. I think the latter is used only for the final battle in FF2 Origins. FF Symphonic Suite also has a version of that boss theme, but I thought the orchestral arrangement was done quite poorly, and it wasn't aggressive enough. The arrangement in FF Origins (Battle Scene 2) is very good, though.

Chris
08-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Maybe I will...maybe I will...by the way FFOrigins certainly has restored my faith in the early FF games...FFV totally sucked....

- I take that back, Final Fantasy V is one of the best :D

Demerwen Owns
08-08-2004, 07:24 PM
It may be due to my HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perceptive disorder) but that tune give me bad vibes and thusly turns me off to the game.