PDA

View Full Version : just 2 random questions from a newbie

Sora is so awesome
06-29-2004, 02:50 AM
ya just a question if i have ffX should i get ffX-II?

and wat is the signifigance of the mars crest and the withered boquet?

aeris2001x2
06-29-2004, 03:02 AM
ffX-2 is good but its very different to ffX so i cant say whether your like it. its certainly no where near as good as ffX.

i cant remember the withered bouquet but the mars crest can be used to get a characters ultimate weapon powered up. i,m too tired right now(its 3am) but i,m sure other ppl would be kind enough to post the celestial mirror, celestial weapon side quests or at least the ones that involve the mars crest ;)

square_is_the_best
06-29-2004, 03:46 AM
About X-2 I loved it but its an opinion.

If you have the mars crest how do you not know what the withered bouqet is for? You needed it in the beginning for a fire. There's already a thread for the ultimate weapons so Ill leave it to you.

Sora is so awesome
06-29-2004, 06:40 AM
o ya i remember that now i just thought that it would have burned up and it wouldn't be in the invintory but i was wrong

i thought that u would give it to yuna at one point but... ya

Mo-Nercy
06-29-2004, 09:14 AM
FFX-2 is good if you enjoy minigames. The RPG element of it only comes in during the battle scenes pretty much. Don't be put off by the way I describe it though, it's a very good game that will allow Yuna to explore Spira without the linearity of FFX.

Mar Crest is Auron's crest. Used to half power his legendary (but not necessarily the best) weapon, Masamune.

Withered Bouquet has already been used. At the beginning of the game, Tidus lights a fire in Baaj Temple before Rikku storms in and takes him away. The bouquet was used for the fire. That's it. I dunno why he still has it.

Big D
06-29-2004, 10:22 AM
The bouquet was used for the fire. That's it. I dunno why he still has it.The bouquet is used as tinder for the fire, not as fuel, so it wouldn't be totally incinerated. I think there's some other waste you can use, rather than the bouquet. Something on the floor at the north of the room with the campfire...

I like how that bouquet's significance is shown in a later, optional cut-scene. Touches like that add a lot to the game...

If you enjoyed FFX, then I'd highly recommend X-2. But whatever you do, don't start X-2 until you've finished X, or the whole ending of X will be spoiled beyond recovery.

Xander
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree with Big D, if you have finished and enjoyed FFX, then buy FFX-2. It's different but it's a refreshing change as well as a nice reflection on the places and people you saw in FFX, and that's one of the things I enjoyed most about it. But yeah if you haven't finished FFX yet, definately finish it first =)

aeris2001x2
06-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Mar Crest is Auron's crest. Used to half power his legendary (but not necessarily the best) weapon, Masamune.

oh believe me, it is its best. it ignores defense like all the celestial weapons, just this one does it when hp drops a certain amount.

nik0tine
06-29-2004, 05:20 PM
no do not get ffx-2. it's not like the other 'bad' final fantasy's taht are actaully really good, jsut not as good as others. ffx-2 is actually a BAD horrible stupid game. dont buy it.

SomethingBig
06-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I recommend it. If your up for an incredibly challenging FF, then FFX-2 is, as of yet, your best choice. It's the fastest-paced turn-based RPG I've ever played and it is flat-out fun. The mini-games add to the fun-factor. If you liked FFX, then you'll definitely like FFX-2.

Old Manus
06-29-2004, 06:06 PM
I like how that bouquet's significance is shown in a later, optional cut-scene. Touches like that add a lot to the game...

wh..what!?

nik0tine
06-29-2004, 06:07 PM
I recommend it. If your up for an incredibly challenging FF, then FFX-2 is, as of yet, your best choice. It's the fastest-paced turn-based RPG I've ever played and it is flat-out fun. The mini-games add to the fun-factor. If you liked FFX, then you'll definitely like FFX-2.

no no no no... if you liked ffx you WILL NOT like ffx-2

SomethingBig
06-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Okay, if you liked any of the good FF's, then you'll like X-2.

aeris2001x2
06-30-2004, 12:04 AM
there really is know way 2 know if you will like it until u get it. it is a BAD ff game, but its also very fun.

Big D
06-30-2004, 01:34 AM
I like how that bouquet's significance is shown in a later, optional cut-scene. Touches like that add a lot to the game...wh..what!?There's a flashback scene later, which shows young Seymour and his mother, living in the Temple. There are dozens of elaborate bouquets everywhere, apparently made by her.

About X-2... on the surface, it looks like a superficial, plotless, cheesy game. But in reality, it's deep and involved. Takes a while to get into, though. A lot of people only play it for an hour or so, then decide that it sucks because it doesn't meet their expectations.

SomethingBig
06-30-2004, 02:43 AM
there really is know way 2 know if you will like it until u get it. it is a BAD ff game, but its also very fun.

What, pray tell, makes an FF a bad one?

aeris2001x2
06-30-2004, 02:52 AM
just that the music, story and atmosphere are not up 2 ff standard in my opinion. no other reason. of course its still a EXCELLENT game, just a bad ff. for a bad ff that sucks outright despite having the above three in bucket loads check out...yes i,m talking about ffII again.

Sora is so awesome
06-30-2004, 06:08 AM
well thank u all for all the input that u contributed i think that i will rent the game first and if i like it i will buy it

SomethingBig
06-30-2004, 08:46 PM
just that the music, story and atmosphere are not up 2 ff standard in my opinion. no other reason. of course its still a EXCELLENT game, just a bad ff. for a bad ff that sucks outright despite having the above three in bucket loads check out...yes i,m talking about ffII again.

Yeah, it really isn't all that much like an FF. It's too happy to be one.

square_is_the_best
07-01-2004, 11:24 PM
well thank u all for all the input that u contributed i think that i will rent the game first and if i like it i will buy it

If you do rent it, play through it awhile, say to the middle or end of chapter 2.

Lord Xehanort
07-02-2004, 09:53 PM
I loved X. I played through X-2 b/c I payed $50 for it. Worst. Buy. Ever. Charlie's Angels mixed with crack. Poor character development, short chapters, incest, and Rikku all make this a crappy game.

Del Murder
07-03-2004, 06:09 PM
If you like games and RPGs and Final Fantasy then get it. If you like the characters from X then get it. It wasn't one of the best games ever, but it was worth my 50 bucks. If you have the money then go for it.

kupopo
07-04-2004, 08:29 AM
just that the music, story and atmosphere are not up 2 ff standard in my opinion. no other reason.

Might I remind you all of the reason this game exists in the first place; if Square hadn't came up with their first Final Fantasy game, they would probably have never really been known in America. We wouldn't have all these wonderful games from them.

My suggestion, like many others here, is to play FFX first, all the way through, then start on FFX2. One of my friends bought FFX2 for me before I had FFX, and I couldn't keep away from it for long. I had to see what it was like. It didn't ruin everything, actually just made me want to play FFX more to see exactly what happened. I didn't get far in 2, because I wanted to wait to play FFX first.

Mindless ranting that no one cares about is over now. You're obviously thinking about it, so play FFX first, then rent FFX2 if you dont want to spend a lot of money just to see if you like it, or buy it or do whatever you want. Does it really affect your opinion of the game by what other people say when you haven't even tried it for yourself? Does everyone's else opinion automatically make it fact whether this game will suck or not to you? I like to give things a chance, and then judge them on what I've actually see of them. Not by what everyone else says about them.

Maybe Square feels like they need change, everyone needs change at one point. Maybe they're tired of doing the same thing over and over and over again in all these games. Only they know. We are here to speculate.

No offence intended to anyone. My point is, do what you want to do. Only you can say if you like anything game or not.

My long post is over with now.

Trumpet Thief
07-07-2004, 06:07 PM
ya just a question if i have ffX should i get ffX-II?

and wat is the signifigance of the mars crest and the withered boquet?

I used to hate that game, but after replaying, I found out it is alright. It matters on different people's tastes. If you liked FFX's ending the way it was, then FFX-2 might not be a good choice.

BUt probably, you will be pleased by the game.