PDA

View Full Version : Classic NES games on GBA

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2004, 05:59 AM
I'm sure you've heard that they've resold some of the best NES games for the GBA, such as Mario Brothers, Zelda, Metroid, Ice Climbers, Pacman, etc. All they are is just the origional games, no addons, no changes, no enhancements, just the same games, only you can play them on the road on a nifty handheld.

You can normally buy these in their NES format for about 2 bucks at a game store like EB games or Gamestop but these GBA re-releases cost about 20 dollars.

Would you still buy old but really good NES games for 20 bucks just so you can play them on a GBA?

OOC: Does anyone know how much the origional Zelda for NES was cost on it's release in 1986?

Del Murder
06-29-2004, 06:12 AM
I think it's silly that you'd have to pay 20 bucks just to get some Ice Climber action. At least Activision and Midway release 4-5 games per cart, and those are a helluva lot better than Ice Climber and Excitebike (though EB has it's moments). Zelda is the only worthwhile one. It is still one of the best games ever.

Xander
06-29-2004, 11:30 AM
It would be cool to be able to play them on the GBA but not for that much. I'd probably just download the ROMs. If they were a bit cheaper I might get them though. Pacman rocks =)

metCloud
06-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Zelda is the only one I would buy. I gotta agree with Del though, one 8-bit game per cartridge is rediculous for 20 bones.

I believe I got my original Zelda Cartridge in 89 Joel, I asked my dad if he could remember and he said....well, some curse words :p . I wanna think is was around $30 maybe. I will try and look it up later...im curious too now.

Flying Mullet
06-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah, $20 is a bit rediculous for a re-release of a nintnedo cartridge, considering the revamped re-releases of Dragon Warrior I & II and Dragon Warrior III were $30. And like the others, Zelda is the only one that I would buy.

And Joel, it was around $45 new. I remember saving up to buy the games new and it was soo much at the time (I was 12 or so).

Shoyku
06-29-2004, 02:28 PM
They're rip-offs.

escobert
06-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Zelda is the only one I would buy. I gotta agree with Del though, one 8-bit game per cartridge is rediculous for 20 bones.

Same here

m4tt
06-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Zelda is the only one I'd buy. I've never actually played it, but I used to watch my neighbor play it all the time. She wouldn't let me play it. She didn't want me to mess up her save. :p

escobert
06-29-2004, 03:46 PM
The first zelda was the first game I ever played and or beat. I loved that game so much.

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2004, 07:30 PM
I was at the grocery store with 15 bucks in my wallet, I see the classic NES Zelda for GBA. I wanted to buy it so badly but I needed 5 more bucks. I also seen the Mario Brother's game for 20 bucks, I can go to EB and buy about 20 copies of that game for a dollar.

Del Murder
06-30-2004, 01:46 AM
If you haven't played the first Zelda you are missing out on one of the greatest games ever. Then again I could say the same for WRECKING CREW!

BatChao
07-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Yea, I agree $20 is asking for a lot. Nintendo is definitely targeting the old school/collector type with these. The only problem is that they took away A LOT of the collectability when they brought them over stateside. The Japanese Famicon Mini (I think that's their name over there) Series did a lot to replicate that NES feeling. But then again, the US NES GBA SP looks freakin' sweet.

Lindy
07-02-2004, 09:32 PM
GBA Flash Linker + 256mb cartridge + GBA NES Emulator + As many NES roms as you could think of.

I think, in the end, it works out much cheaper.

p.s. Yeah, like hell I'm paying for GBA games anyway, the only one I've bought is Boktai, because you can't play it on an Emulator anyway. That and it's awesome and worth buying.

NM
07-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Good job you don't live in the UK then. Were being charged £14.99 for them. Each. Which is nearly $30.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 04:26 AM
hey, dont u forget the mario game! it is the most influenctial game in history and is argueably still the best mario game even 19 years on (though mario 3 is pretty darn close)

i remember playing a zelda game when i was young on the nes and all the time i got killed constantly on the world map by ambushing monsters. i hated it and i hope that was not the original zelda...

Rainecloud
08-02-2004, 07:32 AM
It sounds like another way for Nintendo to earn a bit of easy money. Although I love retro gaming, re-releasing all these games separately is a little bit of an insult to gamers who have already become accustomed to purchasing retro game collections. At £14.99 a piece over here in the UK, I'm going to stick to my ROMs (as I already own the original cartridges).

i remember playing a zelda game when i was young on the nes and all the time i got killed constantly on the world map by ambushing monsters. i hated it and i hope that was not the original zelda...

No, it wasn't That game is Zelda II, which is significantly worse than the original.