PDA

View Full Version : cheaters

daven
06-29-2004, 06:53 AM
i used to be a big fan of phantasy star online on dreamcast and there were alaways cheaters who would kill me and take my stuff or erase my character or reset my dreamcast using cheating devices like code breakers and gamesharks. are there people on final fantasy 11 who can do stuff like that because its a big investment and ive heard its worth it but if there are people like that i might reconsider.

thanks for your help

Lionx
06-29-2004, 10:48 AM
PKing is not allowed, although there are events for PvP fun.

You cannot walk up to someone and then rape them and then loot their things, even if you can kill another, items do not drop out and are only seen in the text log and item menus. Hence you cannot drop something and take it back later, its dropped its gone.

And what your saying isnt like cheating..cheating would be hacking or using outside programs to alter game-play so they have an edge...seems to me they are just idiots.

Ouch!
06-29-2004, 07:55 PM
The worst "cheating" is when people exploit glitches and errors, which usually doesn't affect you. The worst examples I've come across occured before the game came out in the States.

One was a glitch in the AH which allowed people to get infinite amounts of money and the other involved high leveled monsters that had zero accuracy and people would exploit that to fight them at lower levels and gain craploads of exp.

FFXI has a pretty clean environment.

Ichy
06-30-2004, 02:27 AM
I've heard rumor of the occasional Botter, but as it goes they've been banned promptly. Cheaters suck, anyway. There's no single player version of this game. If people want to cheat they should go play mario or whatever.

And yeah, I agree PSO really bombed when that outbreak began. Happy I never bought a Dreamcast and just played it from a buddy's place. Hell, even now, I own PSO Gamecube but I don't play online because of dupers and the like. Just kills the multiplayer experience.