PDA

View Full Version : The End

Big D
06-29-2004, 10:14 AM
No, not 'the end' of the game... I'm referring to that most powerful of garment grids, one I've not yet acquired.

This one's only accessible if you manage to fill in every blank space on Shinra's bestiary - basically, you have to fight every monster in the game, including oversouled forms, where possible.

Apparently, activating every gate on the grid allows the character to use an ability called "Finale"...

I'm wondering, as anyone managed to get this garment grid?
What does Finale do? I'm assuming it's something like "The End" from FFVIII...

NM
06-29-2004, 10:26 AM
I've never got it. Seems like an awful amount of work just for a magic spell. But thats just me. :D

I remeber reading somwhere though that for it to work you can't have escaped from any battles.

Sefie1999AD
06-29-2004, 10:57 AM
I've never got it or heard about it in any FAQ. It sounds to me like a rumor.

Xander
06-29-2004, 11:14 AM
I haven't got it, but I've heard that it does up to 99999 damage if you have Break Damage Limit, but the damage also depends on how many battles you have run away from.

I think I'll attempt to get it this time round. Attempt being the operative word, hehe.

Big D
06-29-2004, 12:10 PM
The BradyGames guidebook has a photo of it as well as a description, so if it's a rumour, then it's gotta be one heck of an orchestrated litany of lies.

I'm pretty sure it's real, just so pointlessly obscure that only someone who really wants to see every ability would attempt to get it.
Plus, there's probably some short cut-scene when you acquire it, like there is with the Mascot dressphere.

SeeDRankLou
06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
I have obtained The End garment grid. It's a hassle, but worth it. There is a very short cut-scene where you go into Shinra's bestiary. He thanks you for completing his oversoul database, and gives you The End garment grid.

I have idea what causes Finale to do the damage it does. Like you, I thought Finale would be something like The End in FFVIII, but no. Finale looks just like a normal attack. But the damage it does seems rather random. In fighting Ultima Weapon, I go through the four gates with Paine. So I use it, without having attacked Ultima Weapon yet. So the first time it does 12000ish damage. Then it does 16000ish damage. Then it does 4000ish. Then, with 500HP left for Ultima Weapon, it does like 68000ish. I have no idea what that was all about. I haven't really taken the time to try and figure it out though, that was just my experience.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-16-2004, 04:43 AM
never heard of it, and i bought the Brady Games guide. where does it show it in there? The most powerful ones i saw were the Mascot and special dresspheres

Big D
07-16-2004, 06:43 AM
It's a garment grid, not a dressphere:p