PDA

View Full Version : RPGs on the GBA

Xander
06-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Recommend some decent ones? (If there are any) =)

Jebus
06-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2.

I can't remember any others.

Endless
06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Magical Vacation (only in Japanese, sadly), Sword of Mana, FFTA, Breath of Fire I (& II if it's out), Megaman Battle Network 1-4, Boktai, Lufia: the ruins of lore, Lunar Legend, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, FFI&II Advance, Mother (any), Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Pokem-*shot*, Phantasy Star Collection.

If RPGamer wasn't down for me, I'd list more.

metCloud
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Golden sun is a great game, it is acually one of my favorite RPG's. I also played Mario and Luigi's Superstar saga but I didnt get far because I got kinda bored with it....You may like it though. I havent played any others for GBA.

Mo-Nercy
06-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Golden Sun is a great game. You'll need to play Golden Sun 2 after for closure on the storyline. You'd expect someone to be thinking something dirty or sexual when you mind read them though... :(

omnitarian
06-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Alphabetically!

Castlevania (1 through 3)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2
Mario & Luigi
Megaman Battle Network (1 through 3)
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (No, seriously)
Sword of Mana
Tactics Ogre

Mostly what they said. But mine is better because it's pretty and alphabetical.

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Zelda Link to the Past. That's kinda an RPG.

Ouch!
06-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah, go with Golden Sun and Golden Sun TLA, great games, those are really the only two that I've played and enjoyed. FFI and II should be out on GBA eventually as well. What is it, July 15th in Japan or something?

Del Murder
06-30-2004, 01:49 AM
FFTA, Golden Sun, and Mario & Luigi. I think you would like Mario & Luigi, Xander.

Shoeberto
06-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Lunar Legends

SpiritWolf
06-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Golden Sun I and II, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Demi Kids Light and Dark Versions, Pokemon Ruby and Saphire, and Monster Rancher Advanced 2.

Lord Chainsaw
06-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Breath of Fire II is the best I can think of.

Breath of Fire, Lunar Legends, Mario & Luigi, and Phantasy Star Collection are also good. A personal favorite of mine is Sword of Mana. I love that game. It's really good.

If you consider the Battle Networks to be RPGs then I might as well suggest the 1st and 2nd ones.

That's all that I can think of at the moment. I didn't include strategy RPGs cause that's just a gray area I don't want to get into.

Lindy
06-30-2004, 08:20 PM
May I be the first to say?

Golden Sun SUCKS, it's awful, terrible, boring. Did I mention awful and terrible?

For you my dear, Lufia and Lunar would be good options, and Mario & Luigi, because it's funny.

White Raven
07-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Yes you may be the first and you're probably the only one. :p

Golden Sun 1 and 2 rock and they are a must play. Along with these other GBA RPG's:

~Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
~Mario & Luigi
~Fire Emblem
~Ogre Tactics
~Breath of Fire 1 and 2
~Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
~Lunar Legends

Lord Chainsaw
07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
May I be the first to say?

Golden Sun SUCKS, it's awful, terrible, boring. Did I mention awful and terrible?

I was thinking that but I didn't say it. I consider golden sun to be one of the poorest RPGs ever made. Looks like you beat me to it.